#1 richierex

richierex

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 166 posts
  • TDM model: 1997

Posted 19 November 2016 - 04:51 pm

Is anybody looking for a very nice TDM900 A 

Extras include  Main stand, Yamaha engine bars, Givi pannier mounts, Givi Monorack and top plate.

Also Black Renthall bars, heated grips and  Suzuki brush guards. Givi Screen fitted, standard included. Lowered 20mm but comes with the standard linkage.

Unmarked condition, must be seen, if you are looking for one, this might be it. Less than 5,000 miles. good Michelins, everything works just never really bonded with it. Needs a good home so I thought I would ask on here first.

Looking for good money so whats it worth at this time of year? Attached File  Spain oct. 2016 008.JPG   351.61KB   4 downloads

tank cover not included, its red! Panniers not included, any Monokey will fit.

Edited by richierex, 28 November 2016 - 05:53 pm.

#2 pete7

pete7

RTT10 manager

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,078 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 19 November 2016 - 06:45 pm

Looks brilliant!

And sensible extras.

Someone is going to get a nice machine .... no new TDMs  any more.

P7

Keep music live!

YouTube: pete7kcu

#3 Davetee

Davetee

enuff posts to fill a 50cc

• 65 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 20 November 2016 - 07:49 pm

Hello do you have a price in mind?

#4 jono49

jono49

has been here 4ever

• 1,183 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 20 November 2016 - 11:33 pm

My last bike did 3,000 miles in 3 month, To say "You never really bonded with it" is a big understatement! when it's only done 4,000+ miles in nearly 10 years ;)  but never mind it's a cracking bike for someone on here! my niner come with 8,669 miles on it and went away with 33,000 miles on it and still lots of miles left in it :good: so c'mon someone grab a bargain long term bike!

Don't get confused between my personality
and my attitude. My personality is who I am,
my attitude depends on who YOU are!

Skinny people are easy to kidnap.....Stay safe and eat cake!!!!!

#5 TYREDNGRUMPEE

TYREDNGRUMPEE

has been here 4ever

• 1,627 posts
  • TDM model: 1998

Posted 21 November 2016 - 10:20 am

so c'mon someone grab a bargain long term bike!

So then, guessing you (jono) have some inside info, or are channeling Mystic Meg.

Edited by TYREDNGRUMPEE, 21 November 2016 - 10:20 am.

#6 richierex

richierex

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 166 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 11:07 am

My last bike did 3,000 miles in 3 month, To say "You never really bonded with it" is a big understatement! when it's only done 4,000+ miles in nearly 10 years ;)  but never mind it's a cracking bike for someone on here! my niner come with 8,669 miles on it and went away with 33,000 miles on it and still lots of miles left in it :good: so c'mon someone grab a bargain long term bike!

How long should it take? The fact that I have done so few miles on it says it all. Its not as nice to ride as my 20 year old Vfr750, its not as nice to ride as my CZ250, its not as nice to ride as my Suzuki FR80.  I did 1,200 miles in a week on it in October this year. Its a great bike but I dont think its that nice to ride. Thats why I wondered if anybody on here was interested, not for a discussion on the merits of the TDM900. I had an early 850 with a 2 into 1 and thats was more fun, much quicker off the mark, it just felt nicer.

So then, guessing you (jono) have some inside info, or are channeling Mystic Meg.

I do and so do you, lets get started, you know what its worth! :good:

You know its value, come and get it.

Edited by richierex, 21 November 2016 - 11:05 am.

#7 TYREDNGRUMPEE

TYREDNGRUMPEE

has been here 4ever

• 1,627 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 11:13 am

I'd prefer not to do this in public.

But seriously,

How much?

Even dealerships put prices on their motors.

#8 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 21 November 2016 - 11:35 am

Would of been interested, but frankly if you cant be arsed to put a price up i cant be arsed either, you may think such a low mileage represents a good buying point but, unless somebody is commuting 1000's a year it's not, 900's are robust enough.

The bike looks great and would certainly be a nice buy, i would price it up before everybody gets pissed off, glws.

Admin......is'nt it about time we made pricing up mandatory....fookin hate these stupid games.

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#9 Kelpie

Kelpie

900 going for ... 1000cc?

• 944 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 11:49 am

How long should it take? The fact that I have done so few miles on it says it all. Its not as nice to ride as my 20 year old Vfr750, its not as nice to ride as my CZ250, its not as nice to ride as my Suzuki FR80.  I did 1,200 miles in a week on it in October this year. Its a great bike but I don't think its that nice to ride. Thats why I wondered if anybody on here was interested, not for a discussion on the merits of the TDM900. I had an early 850 with a 2 into 1 and thats was more fun, much quicker off the mark, it just felt nicer.

You'd make a lousy horse dealer.  It sounds horrible.  Would you take £1000?

You don't need balls to ride a big bike.

#10 TYREDNGRUMPEE

TYREDNGRUMPEE

has been here 4ever

• 1,627 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 11:51 am

How much was yours Kelpie? I was trying to recall back, to use as a measure, but failed.

#11 richierex

richierex

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 166 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 11:57 am

Would of been interested, but frankly if you cant be arsed to put a price up i cant be arsed either, you may think such a low mileage represents a good buying point but, unless somebody is commuting 1000's a year it's not, 900's are robust enough.

The bike looks great and would certainly be a nice buy, i would price it up before everybody gets pissed off, glws.

Admin......is'nt it about time we made pricing up mandatory....fookin hate these stupid games.

Oh Dear, and if I put a price up it will be too dear or too cheap, too many miles or not enough. If anybody is interested in a very nice low mileage TDM900 then please get in touch. Come and see it. I did 1,200 miles in October so there is nothing wrong with it. Those who think high mileage is good and cheap, please feel free to buy elsewhere, i have been on here long enough to see some of the problems that occur.

Its had new shoes and been wormed

#12 Kelpie

Kelpie

• 944 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 11:58 am

Which one?  

I paid 2500 euros for my blue 03 in 2008 (it was a bit scratched, 20000 miles and needed tyres and TPS recall C&S and a decent rider).

I paid 3000 euros for my silver 03 in 2009 with 6000 miles, with extras and very tidy

I paid £5400 for my 2010 ('11 plate) with 6000 miles, givi trekker luggage, engine bars + more etc etc, in mint condition

BSM paid £2600 for his 07 with 20000 miles in extremely good condition, fully loaded with Givi luggage, heated grips + more

We sold the 03 silver for £1700 this year.

Edited - my 2011 looked a tad expensive with an extra zero.

Edited by Kelpie, 21 November 2016 - 12:04 pm.

#13 richierex

richierex

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 166 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 12:01 pm

No you wouldnt. Or you would have been in touch, its virtually unmarked, thats what is so good about it and its how i like my bikes.

The low mileage is down to the previous owner mainly but i think its a good point, if you dont then buy a cheap high miler, my 850 had 55,000 on it and was great.

#14 Kelpie

Kelpie

• 944 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 12:06 pm

It's a lovely bike, I'd value it at around £2850.  Trade in, probably £2250.

#15 TYREDNGRUMPEE

TYREDNGRUMPEE

has been here 4ever

• 1,627 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 12:07 pm

Which one?  

I paid 2500 euros for my blue 03 in 2008 (it was a bit scratched, 20000 miles and needed tyres and TPS recall C&S and a decent rider).

I paid 3000 euros for my silver 03 in 2009 with 6000 miles, with extras and very tidy

I paid £5400 for my 2010 ('11 plate) with 6000 miles, givi trekker luggage, engine bars + more etc etc, in mint condition

BSM paid £2700 for his 07 with 20000 miles in extremely good condition, fully loaded with Givi luggage, heated grips + more

We sold the 03 silver for £1700.

Thankyou. Those figures are a good "barometer" for all occasions.

It's a lovely bike, I'd value it at around £2850.  Trade in, probably £2250.

:hide:      Standby for action. Hugs

Edited by TYREDNGRUMPEE, 21 November 2016 - 12:08 pm.

#16 Kelpie

Kelpie

• 944 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 12:14 pm

Which one?  

I paid £5400 for my 2010 ('11 plate) in June 2013 with 6000 miles, givi trekker luggage, engine bars + more etc etc, in mint condition

BSM paid £2600 for his 07 with 20000 miles in July 2016 in extremely good condition, fully loaded with Givi luggage, heated grips + more

We sold the 03 silver for £1700 July this year.

Forgot to add the years of purchase to some of these.

A horse (iron or otherwise) is worth what you can get for it and a good horse is never a bad colour.   ^_^

#17 richierex

richierex

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 166 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 12:42 pm

Thankyou. Those figures are a good "barometer" for all occasions.

:hide:      Standby for action. Hugs

Forgot to add the years of purchase to some of these.

A horse (iron or otherwise) is worth what you can get for it and a good horse is never a bad colour.   ^_^

Certainly not going to trade it. I think your valuation is quite close although a little bit more would be nice for the condition and extras. The low mileage counts for nothing evidently so that will not be a factor. Cash is good, blather is not so good, Now we are getting somewhere.

#18 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 21 November 2016 - 12:47 pm

No you wouldnt. Or you would have been in touch, its virtually unmarked, thats what is so good about it and its how i like my bikes.

The low mileage is down to the previous owner mainly but i think its a good point, if you dont then buy a cheap high miler, my 850 had 55,000 on it and was great.

Not disputing the condition of the bike and you cant read my mind can you.....price it up and as i said if it's to expensive you wont sell or be prepared to haggle, anything i could by in the same condition as yours from a dealer would likely come with a warranty so you need to price accordingly, i mean it's not exactly ebay where we need to bid is it, or is it.....appreciate you want the best price but play ball.

Certainly not going to trade it. I think your valuation is quite close although a little bit more would be nice for the condition and extras. The low mileage counts for nothing evidently so that will not be a factor. Cash is good, blather is not so good, Now we are getting somewhere.

"Blather" so sorry, would you accept £10,000 for it !! and i'll throw in a cake  :D

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#19 Kelpie

Kelpie

• 944 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 01:05 pm

Happy to facilitate.  I did factor in the low mileage ("low" in my book  = under 30,000 for a nearly 10 year old bike (just my opinion) and yours is indeed exceptionally low) and also the good condition.  Husband bought his mint 07 with 3 piece givi luggage (not ABS I grant you) and 15000 more miles on the clock  for £2600 so I reckon another £250 would be fair.  And he bought it at peak sales time, in July of this year (remember when the sun used to shine?).  If someone really wants it then they should stretch my estimate a wee bit, shouldn't they?

I wish you luck with the sale but no-one would want to offend by offering something way below your expectations.  I've never seen anyone slagged off on here for stating a price.  Maybe a few raised eyebrows, but that's all.

PS I was a horse dealer in Ireland for 15 years and I do love a good haggle.   :lol:

Please don't be offended by my banter, I hope it'll help everyone decide what your expectations are, unless you want to keep it for another decade when it'll quite possibly be worth a fortune! 

#20 muddy

muddy

full o shoite

• 2,969 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 21 November 2016 - 02:56 pm

I'd double like this comment if I could Cliff. It just goes against the spirit of the forum to try and get people to get into some sort of bidding war. You know, the same people who'd ride miles out of their way to help with a mechanical problem, that sort of people.

Blue 04 TDM,PR2 rear Roadsmart front, Yamaha topox, Givi E360 panniers, PL pannier holders, BMW handguards, Yamaha touring screen, Scottoiler, 12v ciggie socket, carbon core HT leads

Gorn :sorry:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users