• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 stevierst

stevierst

enuff posts to fill a 50cc

• 51 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 18 October 2017 - 11:20 am

Blimey sounds like a film in the making Steve, hairy is the word, good to hear the old girl was okay, how did she go on from that point:

Well she ended up in the support vehicle as a passenger while the insurance company sorted out the knackered Tiger. I did say to her I could have it running again pretty quick, but she'd really had enough by that time.

Unlike the BMW K1200gt rider! Now this is an epic part of the story. On leaving Guazezalma and heading to Toledo along the twisties he had a mid corner panic grab at the front brake. He low sided the Beemer, and it slid under an Armco barrier, wedging itself in pretty hard. The rider seemed ok, an ex-squaddie that said his wrist was a bit sore!
We wriggled the bike out which took about1/2 hour of swearing and gnashing of teeth, but miraculously it was just cosmetic damage!!!
The rider held his hands up, said "that's it, I've had enough. I'm heading home via Calais!" He jumped on his bike and went.
As we were near Toledo in Spain (Madrid ish) no one thought he was going to make it, as it was about 1500 miles to Calais!!

30 hours later, I got a text off him and a photo that he was home in hull!! About 1800 ish miles he'd ridden none stop, the crazy fool. To top it off, the photo was of him in the hospital with his arm in a cast. He had a broken wrist. And knackered metacarpals!!! I take my hat off to him
Stop polishing it and ride the bloody thing!
The current stable
04 TDM900. My work/winter/touring donkey.
The Work Of Idle HandsVI :- 2016 Yamaha XSR900 with a few tweeks:badgerrock:

#22 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 18 October 2017 - 05:21 pm

Well cant say i blame the poor girl as it must of been quite a fright for her, of course the main point is that she's okay but, jesus i have to take my hat off as well to the bm rider, he must of had some pain, certainly had some stamina, at least that turned out okay, phew... pretty obvious you were'nt expecting any of this before you went :lol: i reckon it will of been a great adventure beside all the fook up's.

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#23 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,667 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 21 October 2017 - 08:20 pm

What a great ride, and some good tales :)

900 with better bits. Owes me nothing, Makes me smile

#24 GeneralBozo

GeneralBozo

really likes Carpe

• 92 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 03 August 2021 - 07:24 pm

looks epic... this is giving me ideas.... thanks for sharing. the list of overnight stops is very useful  :good:

Edited by GeneralBozo, 03 August 2021 - 07:24 pm.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users