Photo
- - - - -

Qm Buys Yet Another Bike. Where Will It All End?

GPZ900R

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Quartermaster

Quartermaster

900 going for ... 1000cc?

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 08 October 2014 - 07:12 pm

I was offered a bike that I couldn't refuse and ended up with a slightly tatty but mechanically sound GPZ900R. Attention to the plastics and a lick of paint should see her looking rather nice. This one dates from 1985 and is an A2 model. It weighs a ton by modern standards but, in it's day, was considered a lithe superbike and, of course, famously won the Production TT literally "straight out of the crate"  in 1984, the first year of production. All early Triumphs were based on the engine layout that Kawasaki pioneered.Attached File  Kawasaki GPZ900R.JPG   159.22KB   5 downloads 

'73 Honda CB500 Four, Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Triumph Tiger Sport 660.

#2 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,117 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 08 October 2014 - 07:21 pm

lick

lick

I agrozzle

"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#3 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 5,088 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 08 October 2014 - 08:58 pm

The anti dive on those can be a right pita to sort out, otherwise looks very nice.

2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

#4 jht

jht

has been here 4ever

• 1,769 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 08 October 2014 - 09:13 pm

:good:

Done: Homo sap navigation/ twisty thing on bars to make it go vroom/ grabby thing to make it stop (in front of twisty thing)/ 'leccy things front and rear to make it glow at night/ Sucky + drippy oiler thing to keep chains moist (!!) / Laser Pro Stock Race pipes / bleeding ear drums (see previous mod)
To do: Educate homo sap nav system to operate twisty + grabby things/ get ear plugs

All Trashed Now... Pants... its a Cat B Mwahahaha it lives again!!

Remember every driver is a deaf myoptic twat who is out to kill you, ALWAYS assume they are going to do THE most f*cking DUMBASS, STUPID manouver possible, at the worst possible moment; get past, and get past quick

#5 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,214 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 09 October 2014 - 09:02 am

Nice ! :cool:

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#6 TYREDNGRUMPEE

TYREDNGRUMPEE

has been here 4ever

• 1,627 posts
  • TDM model: 1998

Posted 09 October 2014 - 10:44 am

I bet that smells Kawasaki lovely.

Did you fit that top box? - I hope for your sake that you didn't. I have a sack of rabid assassins here that will find the one who did.

#7 Quartermaster

Quartermaster

900 going for ... 1000cc?

• 927 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 09 October 2014 - 03:09 pm

I bet that smells Kawasaki lovely.

Did you fit that top box? - I hope for your sake that you didn't. I have a sack of rabid assassins here that will find the one who did.

I most certainly didn't and it will be the first thing to come off. It looks as ridiculous as Usain Bolt in a clown's costume.

'73 Honda CB500 Four, Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Triumph Tiger Sport 660.

#8 jlmtdm

jlmtdm

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 09 October 2014 - 05:53 pm

thats a tidy bike retro cool.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users