#1 muddy

muddy

full o shoite

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,969 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 10 October 2014 - 01:50 pm

Just got a quote from a rather grim sounding Scottish bloke from H&R for £64 Third Party and I can ride other bikes. So I ditched Swintons, who quoted me £84, and went ahead. Woohoo :)

Blue 04 TDM,PR2 rear Roadsmart front, Yamaha topox, Givi E360 panniers, PL pannier holders, BMW handguards, Yamaha touring screen, Scottoiler, 12v ciggie socket, carbon core HT leads

Gorn :sorry:

#2 divvxj

divvxj

has been here 4ever

• 1,296 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 10 October 2014 - 04:39 pm

:good:  :good:

#3 muddy

muddy

full o shoite

• 2,969 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 04:47 pm

Saga were the top quote just a few bob less, but third party cover for other bikes was not included. I can't believe that I got a quote from Saga. Where did the years go :huh:

Blue 04 TDM,PR2 rear Roadsmart front, Yamaha topox, Givi E360 panniers, PL pannier holders, BMW handguards, Yamaha touring screen, Scottoiler, 12v ciggie socket, carbon core HT leads

#4 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 10 October 2014 - 05:02 pm

:good: cant wait to get to your age muddy  :D

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#5 muddy

muddy

full o shoite

• 2,969 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 01:00 pm

It may have been cheap, but I've never had to jump through so many hoops for bike insurance. They wanted a copy of my driving license counter-part and a copy of my photocard. I wasn't happy and I couldn't understand why they'd want all that data when they could contact the DVLA and verify. I especially didn't feel comfortable sending my photocard, so I obscured my photo with penny and just left the written data unobscured. The insurers (KGM) would not accept the photocard and the broker emailed me saying so. I sent it but that's the last time I go through that rigmarole for what is essentially a bookie having a punt. And why would they want to know what security devices I use on the bike or where the bikes kept for third party only insurance? 

Rant over.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users