stu

full o shoite

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 10 December 2008 - 09:16 pm

QUOTE(muddy @ Mon 8th Dec 2008, 07:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've never quite understood this. I mean taken literally, you'd stop before every side turning with a car waiting to pull out, because you'd assumed they hadn't seen you--well how could they if you're invisible unsure.gif

Change 'invisible' for 'haven't been seen' and it makes sense. wink.gif

Stu

#22 catsbum

catsbum

Sponsored by AutoGlym

• 7,057 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 10 December 2008 - 10:19 pm

I got a rush just now and said: F**k it, I'm gonna buy one, to annoy

Logged on: XX5 and XX4 oh, and some mediums too.

Were all big medium fat Bazzers on here, (not including the Kelpie girl from the other side.)

We need XXl.

I like Buffalo stuff. Got a jacket and has served well.

Can't wait for the Hi-Viz Bikers jacket............... rolleyes.gif

#23 Guest_E.T._*

Guest_E.T._*
  • Guests

Posted 11 December 2008 - 06:32 pm

I bought this kit here (but not for winter use)

See this thread on Commuter Motorcycle Club for the Full reviews http://dashack.co.uk...pic,4828.0.html

This is my original post there...

I've been doing a long hunt for some new kit. I wanted something for 3 seasons, including venty bits for summer. On top of that I want waterproof and then the price has to be under £100 for Traaazers and <£200 for Jacquet.

Went to various places (the BMW kit is nice BTW) ended up in Hideout leather today and bought this...

Lizard
Pants in Polyoxford. Can be zipped to jacket. Water and windproof.

* Dryway+® membrane, detachable
* CE approved protectors can be fitted
* Adjustment straps waist and legs
* Detachable lower legs
* Ventilation openings

501000 71 green pixel (New)

These fit the bill perfectly for my needs. CE armour in the knees (hip too if you want it). Waterproof breathable lining (removable), and the cool paert id you get to your destination and unzip the lower legs (with the armour) leave it in your top box and stroll around in shorts.

They didn't have the jacket I wanted in stock, so I've ordered it...this un here...

Lenox | New
Jacket in Polytex. Extra reinforcements in exposed areas. Can be zipped to pants. Water and windproof.

* HI-ART®
* Adjustable CE approved protectors
* CE approved Back Converter can be fitted
* Ventilation opening in the back
* Adjustable sleeve width
* Ventilation openings

Sizes XS-2XL
504200 71 black/titan/green pixel

I'll report back when I get it...

Oh and the price?

£89 for the traaazars
£15 knee armour

£156 for the jacket
(£10 P&P)

That knocks Hein Gericke prices into a cocked hat

I suspect if you have a surf you will find it cheaper...I couldn't be arsed 'cos I'm fed up looking and pleased to get what I want in budget!

#24 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,213 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 15 December 2008 - 01:19 am

QUOTE(apw99 @ Sat 6th Dec 2008, 10:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I never cease to be amazed but I was pretty shook at this jacket!
http://www.cottermc....products_id=744
I have seen a few of these (with difficulty) going around Dublin this last while and it really defies me why someone would wear them. I can understand that there is a certain macho thing to biking, especially in younger years but this takes the biscuit. Why not just cut your brake lines and hope for the best? I see why they are on special offer..there must be only a limited number of lunatics in any city....apw99

I've got one o these and the matching trousers ! But I can see the dichotomy blink.gif High Vis Urban Camo !!

I got mine as the colour scheme is neutral-ish and i was told by the seller that I wouldn't show up on a speed camera !!!! rotflmmfao.gif

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#25 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,213 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 15 December 2008 - 01:29 am

QUOTE(Readmarx @ Mon 8th Dec 2008, 06:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
cammo jackets are GAY

So is long hair if your that narrow-minded ! Personally I'd say LEATHER is more 'GAY' than camo, and I've got both and I'm not gay !

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#26 catsbum

catsbum

Sponsored by AutoGlym

• 7,057 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 15 December 2008 - 05:51 pm

QUOTE(E.T. @ Thu 11th Dec 2008, 06:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I bought this kit here (but not for winter use)

See this thread on Commuter Motorcycle Club for the Full reviews http://dashack.co.uk...pic,4828.0.html
This is my original post there...
I've been doing a long hunt for some new kit. I wanted something for 3 seasons, including venty bits for summer. On top of that I want waterproof and then the price has to be under £100 for Traaazers and <£200 for Jacquet.

Went to various places (the BMW kit is nice BTW) ended up in Hideout leather today and bought this...

Lizard
Pants in Polyoxford. Can be zipped to jacket. Water and windproof.

* CE approved protectors can be fitted
* Adjustment straps waist and legs
* Detachable lower legs
* Ventilation openings

501000 71 green pixel (New)

These fit the bill perfectly for my needs. CE armour in the knees (hip too if you want it). Waterproof breathable lining (removable), and the cool paert id you get to your destination and unzip the lower legs (with the armour) leave it in your top box and stroll around in shorts.

They didn't have the jacket I wanted in stock, so I've ordered it...this un here...

Lenox | New
Jacket in Polytex. Extra reinforcements in exposed areas. Can be zipped to pants. Water and windproof.

* HI-ART®
* Adjustable CE approved protectors
* CE approved Back Converter can be fitted
* Ventilation opening in the back
* Adjustable sleeve width
* Ventilation openings

Sizes XS-2XL
504200 71 black/titan/green pixel

I'll report back when I get it...
Oh and the price?

£89 for the traaazars
£15 knee armour

£156 for the jacket
(£10 P&P)
That knocks Hein Gericke prices into a cocked hat

I suspect if you have a surf you will find it cheaper...I couldn't be arsed 'cos I'm fed up looking and pleased to get what I want in budget!

ET
I really like that Jacket. good.gif

#27 laughin in a windstorm

laughin in a windstorm

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts
  • TDM model: none yet

Posted 16 December 2008 - 11:39 am

people who wear camo stuff are allways easier to see as far as I can see, but it isn't to the sea,
can you see a mirror if it doesn't move, can you taste electricity in the air, how do you know the trampoline will send you up again.
it's not my time to go, it's not my time to die
the last thing I want is for my family to cry

#28 Readmarx

Readmarx

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 19 January 2009 - 03:06 pm

do reflections have shadows LIAW?

Edited by Readmarx, 19 January 2009 - 03:06 pm.

mother nature rides a biker

#29 Guest_Cozzy_*

Guest_Cozzy_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 February 2009 - 01:54 pm

QUOTE(apw99 @ Sat 6th Dec 2008, 10:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I never cease to be amazed but I was pretty shook at this jacket!
http://www.cottermc....products_id=744
I have seen a few of these (with difficulty) going around Dublin this last while and it really defies me why someone would wear them. I can understand that there is a certain macho thing to biking, especially in younger years but this takes the biscuit. Why not just cut your brake lines and hope for the best? I see why they are on special offer..there must be only a limited number of lunatics in any city....apw99

I've seen these jackets and I gotta admit it it looks pretty cool with motocross-style boots and on streetfighters and supermotos! hidden.gif

#30 Retro

Retro

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 242 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 13 February 2009 - 10:30 am

QUOTE(Readmarx @ Mon 8th Dec 2008, 08:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
cammo jackets are GAY

QUOTE(Studley Ramrod @ Mon 15th Dec 2008, 03:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So is long hair if your that narrow-minded ! Personally I'd say LEATHER is more 'GAY' than camo, and I've got both and I'm not gay !

I've had a Buffalo Force Jacket for a no. of years, I've got long hair and wear tight leather....And yes I am GAY....so is my wife....and so is my mistress.

I never ride faster than my angel can fly

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users