#21 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 09 May 2010 - 08:56 pm

Erny good news that you checked out from A & E with what appears minor injuries, BUT if you should find you start getting pain Especially around the NECK from that somersault.....you can get WHIPLASH ya know and is not always noticable at 1st..........did you have x-rays taken. You dont have a conscience m8 when dealing with an arsehole who says you were going to fast so he decided to pull out on you.

Glad your okay

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#22 Fernihough

Fernihough

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • TDM model: 2005

Posted 09 May 2010 - 09:12 pm

Erny
Glad you didn't get injured and I hope you won't feel the pain later. It often happen that neck and back problem arise later. It sounds like a silly game to play but sometime it is worth going to A&E and then to your GP a couple of time so that you have a record that you have been "hurt". 6 months later you have evidence for your insurance to cover your physiotherapist sessions.

Our of interest, did you wear any specific equipement (spine protection?) or are you very fit or very lucky?

Take care
F
Darwin theory in action - Natural evolution from 4 legs to 2, from 4 wheels to 2

Yam DTR125 / Yam TTR250 / Blue TDM900 2005

Fender extension; Right miror extension; Tutoro oiler; Frank Thomas leather Bullit Retro Jacket with Knox back protector for normal time and textile jacket with forcefield 4 for long trips, monolock plate with E45 GIVI top case, Michelin PR2

#23 erny

erny

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 10 May 2010 - 10:15 am

I was wearing the HG cruise Jacket and pants. The jacket has a Hiprotec back protector and IMO did the job. I think my back bounced on his bonnet, then I landed on the road with my heels bearing the impact.
It was a very heavy landing and the Sidi boots certainly dissapated a hell of a lot of force. My knees and thighs absorbed the rest. If it wasn't for those boots I wouldn't be walking right now.
Going to the Doctors tomorrow, more pain is revealing itself around my rib and lower back area
I need a sig. indeed with plenty of frickin polish

#24 erny

erny

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 02:18 pm

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

LHS fairing shattered.
horn crushed
tank damage
lower fairing damage off side and near
probable damage to the engine casings behind the lower fairing
offside mirror flew off
near side handguard twisted
radiator cover bent
front wheeel seems ok, as do the forks...
but who knows.

#25 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 06:14 pm

Fingers crossed it's only cosmetic erny x Good luck at the Docs........not unusual to get pain some days later bud....codiene with paracetamol or ibuprufen is a good pain reliever unless Doc prescribes otherwise.

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#26 Daveb

Daveb

has been here 4ever

• 1,907 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 10 May 2010 - 08:20 pm

Glad your ok Ernie, the bike can be rebuilt hopefully you may take longer to heal.

Watch with the insurance company, they may write it off, something like if it costs to repair it is 2/3 of what the think the value might be dry.gif

1999 TDM850 MKII Black, Silver (Sold)
2007 Triumph Tiger 955i

#27 wilsy

wilsy

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 08:54 pm

Hey Erny,

Saw this and thought you may be interested?

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...=item1e5bd9a115
RewindBikers
http://www.rewindlancs.com

1996 TDM 4TX in white ...yes, white!!

#28 sidestand

sidestand

Carpe Citizen

• 3,456 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 09:37 pm

Not bad! - it's worth £500 just for the wheels, tank & bodywork good.gif

post-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gifpost-1-1152402501.jpgThe older I get, the better I was

96 MkII in yellow & silver with bluespots, braided lines, Remus 2 into 1, Hagon rear shock & fork springs, bashplate, heated grips,Motech pannier racks, Road Attacks, Jockoiler, Baglux tank cover & bag. Gone to a far better place - hasn't it Remo?
Another 96 Mk2 in yellow & silver - absolutely standard & pristine ( apart from a butchered rear mudguard - but I'm looking for a new one
'76 Suzuki GT500 Stroker in need of a rebuild
'80 Yamaha XT250 mudplugger
another '81 XT250
'91 BMW R80GS - this one really will do a RTW trip
'05 BMW K1200S - inline four with a shaft
'10 BMW R1200GSA Anniversary Edition
'02 Fazer 1000 - 4 carbs are better than 2 ! - water pump rebuilt by Mr Ramrod Engineering
'00 Triumph Adventurer - Cruiser with a difference - British & a triple
Gary's Bathtub - '99 BMW K1200RS in luvverly pillarbox red . Now been Waspycycled to Nuneaton
And the Latest Addition - a nice BMW G650 XCountry greenlaner - on long term loan to Boy Wonder

1996 Kawasaki KH125 Stroker

2000 TDM Mk2A - nicely Studleyfied - Modified by Masterbrewer, but we've fixed that now !

BMW K1300R

2004 TDM 900 in Silver/Blue - heated grips, MRA vary screen, Wilbers rear shock & engine bars to fit 

BMW S1000XR in white 

#29 tdm850rider

tdm850rider

Carpe Citizen

• 6,103 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 10:23 pm

A: Hi there Gonzo The bike is totally original...no add ons...standard exhaust,

Can't be totally original as there is no can on the left side, did he remove the entire exhaust?
Posted Image

Always tell the truth, it will gratify some of the people and astonish the rest. (Mark Twain)
£

Stebel Nautilus air-horn, Corbin seat, MRA Touring screen, single Delkevic silencer.
"I see by your outfit that you are a spaceman"(MkI (3VD) TDM Review)
Hints for using Carpe-TDM. (photo's, links, etc).

#30 erny

erny

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 07:30 am

QUOTE(wilsy @ Tue 18th May 2010, 09:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey Erny,

Saw this and thought you may be interested?

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...=item1e5bd9a115

Yeah, thanks Wilsy, I've been keeping my eye on matching bikes and I'm in touch with this fella as the auction runs.
This is the second time he has ran it but hasn't revealed to me what he wants for it. Seems a decent chap though. (After running his internet persona through my bs scanner at least!).

Quick update...
the Taxi Driver admitted liability,
they've offered me money for my injuries.... a fair price atm.
they'll pay my wages.
They tried to rubbish my claim for all my gear saying £450 for a new Jacket is a bit of a laugh.
They don't want to carry the cost of the custom paint job on my lid- £350
The woman on the other end of the phone admitted she knew nothing about Motorcycles.
They haven't even looked at the bike yet.
Both sides want me to rent-a-bike- - abrand new one of equivelent size and class, they both keep telling me.
But does it attract wasps like my TDM does, I say?
Solicitor on stand-by( Mrs. Erny).
Also have some help from a biker on another forum, who knows his stuff.
Off to the doctors this afternoon.
Then I'll think I'll put me feet up in the garden with some Factor 6 on and the MCN in my lap.

#31 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 09:12 am

Erny, some good news at last and at least it's starting off on a promising note, go and put your feet up fella, relax and enjoy cos before ya know you will be back at work blink.gif

Hmm but what's the rental gonna be i wonder.........guess it depends whats available ?????? but no fookin BMW laugh.gif

Anyway ya sorta seem to sound !!! in better spirits now.

Good luck

ps. remember that pain you still get when ya go the doctor. wink.gif

#32 Guest_celticbiker_*

Guest_celticbiker_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2010 - 03:08 pm

£450 for a new jacket is nothing these days.

#33 erny

erny

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 01:19 pm

After a couple of phone calls and emails, over the last 3 weeks , I have settled my claim for damages with the insurance.
Didn't take long did it!
They made a couple of silly offers, but Mrs Erny used some big words and refrerrenced a couple of legal things to them.
Resulting in a very amicable cash offer and I get the Gleam Machine back!!
Question now is,
To 900 or not to 900?

#34 Fernihough

Fernihough

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • TDM model: 2005

Posted 25 May 2010 - 01:28 pm

QUOTE(erny @ Tue 25th May 2010, 02:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Question now is,
To 900 or not to 900?

900 with running lights to be seen by taxi and additional horn tongue.gif
Darwin theory in action - Natural evolution from 4 legs to 2, from 4 wheels to 2

Yam DTR125 / Yam TTR250 / Blue TDM900 2005

Fender extension; Right miror extension; Tutoro oiler; Frank Thomas leather Bullit Retro Jacket with Knox back protector for normal time and textile jacket with forcefield 4 for long trips, monolock plate with E45 GIVI top case, Michelin PR2

#35 Matlock

Matlock

Carpe Citizen

• 3,913 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 25 May 2010 - 01:47 pm

Try a 900 erny, I'm sure you'll like it. Unless the payout was very good, in that case you might consider the XTZ1200.....

2002 TDM900 in glorious yellowNOW SOLD  :( 

2012 Honda Crosstourer VFR1200X. Hyperspeed tourer.

1990 XTZ750 in black, standard apart from Micron silencer. Mechanical restoration complete, cosmetic restoration next on the agenda.. NOW SOLD  :( 

Follow me on twitter

#36 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 25 May 2010 - 02:03 pm

I'd have a test ride first Erny, apparently they are different to ride.

Then buy one ! and donate your old 850 to a worthy cause.........moi smile.gif

Hey, you could have both ! 850 for work/winter and the 9'er for posin' n polishin'

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#37 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 06:55 pm

Well erny if the payout stretches far enough i would go with Studley........keep the 850 and get a 900 assuming of course you have space to keep them both.
Good to know you had a satisfactory result.

#38 erny

erny

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 12:58 pm

....soooo, the damage amounts to,
a broken rad, a bent bracket, a broken horn, ns lower fairing damage, mirror clamp, a tank, a ns fairing smashed and ns indicator.
What you can't see is that the top fairing has bent in on the left. I'm hoping it is just the faring bracket that needs straightening up
I have a tank on order.
I have a fairing and indicator.
I'm going to fix up the lower fairing and respray the lot of it.
Just need... a radiator and the mirror clamp and horn
She fires up and runs.
I'm not sure on any fork damage, when I get the chance I'll strip the nose down and she how she rides.
Can anyone help with the parts needed. Does the 900 rad fit?

clicky the pics for a good look

Edited by erny, 31 May 2010 - 12:59 pm.

#39 erny

erny

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 06:05 pm

she lives!!
I've replaced the radiator and took her for a quick scoot round the block, about 4 miles.
Everything is doing as it should. Well, apart from where the water pipe goes into the engine, but that is just an o ring replacement.
I'm hoping I can fangle the fairings on, without any bodging, the replacement petrol tank is from a 99 mk2 and has ever so slightly different fixings.
I've not put the tank on yet as I'm not sure about the extra hole further up the tank, Is this just another breather hole?
Riding those 4 miles was bliss and I shall sleep well tonight.

#40 Johnlaas

Johnlaas

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 113 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 09 June 2010 - 07:44 pm

I bet your feeling better for that.

John

2012 plated model, Black - with black seat
Mods - Yamaha High Screen, Scott Oiler, Fenda Extender, Givi Top box and panniers, Yamaha Heated Grips, Barkbuster Hand Guards
The Wish List - a decent horn, crash bungs 

06 Model in Blue with Silver trim [GONE - But not forgotten
Mods - Yamaha High Screen, Scott Oiler, Fenda Extender, Givi Top Box and Panniers, LED running light. Acerbis Dual Road Hand Guards, HID, Yamaha heated grips
Wish List - Crash Bungs,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users