#41 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,257 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 27 March 2007 - 06:52 am

QUOTE(Toneski @ Mon 26th Mar 2007, 11:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i've got the model before this and that was good, hope the new one is as good or better as i'm just ordering it....

ET's new Justissimo looked really nice at the Finchingfield meet. good.gif

Edited by Pict, 27 March 2007 - 06:53 am.

Dinotrike.jpg "It's a TDM, Jim, but not as we know it"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAHmEWim3to

Diamond black TDM 900A TRIKE, 2006 ABS model converted by Trike Design (Caerphilly, South Wales) prior to first registration in March 2007.

#42 robelst

robelst

has been here 4ever

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 1,844 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 27 March 2007 - 12:05 pm

I have a Justisimo as well, very good value. The problem is that my head-shape doesn't really fit it very well in it, after an hour I feel I want to throw the thing away as far as possible (nasty pressure against my end-jaw / ear area). Also the anti-fog coating wore off really quickly and it's very loud, drafty and wet if you need to keep the visor opened up a bit to prevent fogging-up. Not worse than most other helmets though except the ones with double visor, like I had on my Lazer Revolution (I loved that helmet, bit heavvy though).

I recently bought a BMW System V (around 200 quid with some discount) which was comfy from the start, very-very quiet (leave those earplugs at home), not too heavy, good visor and effective ventilation (obviously ups the noise-level when in use). I do miss my sun-screen dearly, although maybe that's for the best because I tend to keep my Caberg helmet open up to over 60 mph because of that, which is probably not great if you'd crash and fall on the tarmace: It's probably worse than a jet-helmet (or maybe even worse than no helmet at all blink.gif ) because of the funny weight distribution and shape when flipped open.

I was reluctant to buy a BMW helmet since I once owned a System III which was a pain in almost every aspect but the V is an absolute winner cool.gif I may still use my Caberg on short sunny blasts though; if it fits you well then I can recommend it too, esp if you fit a Fogcity in it.
That was not a banana, Dougal

#43 Jandreas

Jandreas

Carpe Regular

• Members
  • Pip
  • 101 posts
  • TDM model: 1998

Posted 06 April 2007 - 10:18 am

QUOTE(Galilee @ Sun 18th Mar 2007, 09:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
- Any good reasons for NOT choosing an opening helmet? Yea, I know, they weigh more and can be noisier...

I would'nt trust the opening/locking mecanism on any opening helmet!
Jandreas. drinks.gif

#44 Guest_RSROCKET_*

Guest_RSROCKET_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 April 2007 - 07:58 pm

QUOTE(Pict @ Tue 27th Mar 2007, 07:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ET's new Justissimo looked really nice at the Finchingfield meet. good.gif

http://www.mickbyrne...talog/index.php

£115 for a Justy!!?

#45 ripper

ripper

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 193 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 06 April 2007 - 08:29 pm

I use Nolan 1001E had it 4yrs still like new still using original visor which i'm just about ready to replace only problem was the pinlock insert blew out at speed hadn't put it in properly doh! I think that there is a reactalite type insert available as well
Rob

#46 wowser

wowser

arrived on last train

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 19 May 2007 - 06:04 pm

I've got a Multi-tec and just got a Schuberth C2 also. I'll post again soon when I've trialled the C2 to let you know how they compare. Multi-Tec, as it stands, is great.

Edited by wowser, 19 May 2007 - 06:05 pm.

#47 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• 8,276 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 20 May 2007 - 06:47 am

QUOTE(robelst @ Tue 27th Mar 2007, 12:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I recently bought a BMW System V (around 200 quid with some discount) which was comfy from the start, very-very quiet (leave those earplugs at home), not too heavy, good visor and effective ventilation (obviously ups the noise-level when in use).

Is that they do with the built in bluetooth headset?

Have you got a standard screen on your bike? I was amazed at how quiet my Shoe Raid was when I had a go on an unfared MT-01

1992 Mk1, 76k miles, Hagon springs, MTC exhaust, 4½ gears Gone now :(
2009 900 abs, 42k miles, Yamaha heated grips, double bubble screen, R&G crash bungs, scottoiler, Autocom, 1500 lumen LED spotlights.

post-1-1152402501.jpgpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#48 Hartside Man

Hartside Man

Old Moaning Git !!

• RTT manager(RTT)
  • 3,247 posts
  • Location:On Hartside more often than not ! But Live in Carlisle UK

Posted 22 May 2007 - 09:07 pm

QUOTE(ChrisG @ Sun 20th May 2007, 06:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I had a go on an unfared MT-01

how did you enjoy the wheelie monster then yahoo.gif had a test ride on one once took it out for a couple of hours and i must say the grin factor was amazing good.gif

totally inpractical as an everyday bike, but if i had the money i would have one as a weekend toy banana.gif

BTW the one i rode had all the performance mods fitted cool.gif

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I have a Ghost S and i'm not afraid to use it !

A Beast in Orange Called KaTie eM 

"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul".

"So you just ride somewhere, eat cake and then ride back".

"Normal people believe that if it ain't broken, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broken, it doesn't have enough features yet."

" I We're Ridin so Fast , I we're sucking Rabbits from the Hedges "   {Guy Martin}

#49 Wrant

Wrant

sticking around

• 37 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 22 May 2007 - 09:39 pm

I can see how a flip down sun visor is useful but ask yourself the question is it rated in the same way as sunglasses are for UVA protection in fact ask your dealer. Are you looking into the sun without the correct protection.

Also does having a flip up front have any practical use?

keep it simple and buy the best helmet you can afford

Edited by Wrant, 22 May 2007 - 09:39 pm.

#50 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• 8,276 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 22 May 2007 - 11:20 pm

QUOTE(Hartside Man @ Tue 22nd May 2007, 09:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
how did you enjoy the wheelie monster then yahoo.gif had a test ride on one once took it out for a couple of hours and i must say the grin factor was amazing good.gif
totally inpractical as an everyday bike, but if i had the money i would have one as a weekend toy banana.gif

BTW the one i rode had all the performance mods fitted cool.gif

Absolutely loved it. Couldn't manage a constant speed on it as I had to keep rolling off the throttle so I could crank it open again to hear the exhaust note and feel surge of torque. Exactly the same as you though, it's just not practical enough to be more than a toy, but what a toy it would make! banana.gif Only had a quick 20 min ride on it though round a fixed route. Bike club had a dealer day last year and I had a go on that, the CBF1000 (so smooth), the Buell Ulysses (should have been hilarious but it rained and I had no confidence in it in the wet, it was squirming all over the place) and a Harley because it was spare and I thought it might be a laugh (it wasn't)

1992 Mk1, 76k miles, Hagon springs, MTC exhaust, 4½ gears Gone now :(
2009 900 abs, 42k miles, Yamaha heated grips, double bubble screen, R&G crash bungs, scottoiler, Autocom, 1500 lumen LED spotlights.

post-1-1152402501.jpgpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#51 MarkyMark

MarkyMark

900 going for ... 1000cc?

• 981 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 23 May 2007 - 03:43 pm

And me - another happy Justissimo wearer

XT1200Z - Big and bouncy

GTR1400 - Chaufer the wife.
XT660Z - Fun and commute.
TDM900 - Yellow.

#52 muddy

muddy

full o shoite

• 2,973 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 05:57 pm

I've got a Nolan flipup. Never again. The flipup mechanism catches and need both hands, but worse, after wearing for more than an hour my head feels like it's about to explode. In the end I had to take a golf ball to the temple part of the foam and roll it across with pressure to compress it a bit. That helped, but then that's not what you want to be doing with a crash helmet is it.

Any recommendation for a comfortable, quiet and cheapish full face gratefully received. I may get another HJC. That was quite comfortable.

Blue 04 TDM,PR2 rear Roadsmart front, Yamaha topox, Givi E360 panniers, PL pannier holders, BMW handguards, Yamaha touring screen, Scottoiler, 12v ciggie socket, carbon core HT leads

Gorn :sorry:

#53 Guest_E.T._*

Guest_E.T._*
  • Guests

Posted 04 June 2007 - 06:04 pm

QUOTE(muddy @ Mon 4th Jun 2007, 04:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've got a Nolan flipup. Never again. The flipup mechanism catches and need both hands, but worse, after wearing for more than an hour my head feels like it's about to explode. In the end I had to take a golf ball to the temple part of the foam and roll it across with pressure to compress it a bit. That helped, but then that's not what you want to be doing with a crash helmet is it.

Any recommendation for a comfortable, quiet and cheapish full face gratefully received. I may get another HJC. That was quite comfortable.

My Suomy Dark Metal Helmet was extremely quiet and comfortable...until I dropped it and had to be replaced

#54 IAN_B

IAN_B

seems to like Carpe

• Members
  • 46 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 04 June 2007 - 06:47 pm

Had my justissimo 3yrs and i am well happy with it for comfort and quietness, only down side for me is the visor can go slack and not stay up.
My hall of fame or shame before Tdm850 : GPZ750, GSX750,ZZR600,YZF600Thundercat,CB-1,YZF750,(F650GS forgot about this,it was that slow!!!!!)

#55 Guest_E.T._*

Guest_E.T._*
  • Guests

Posted 04 June 2007 - 07:12 pm

QUOTE(IAN_B @ Mon 4th Jun 2007, 05:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Had my justissimo 3yrs and i am well happy with it for comfort and quietness, only down side for me is the visor can go slack and not stay up.

New Justissimo has replaceable bits to stop that happening - so if you do go for a Justissimo pay for the new one and don't go for clearance stock of the old.

(I'm on my second Just. for exactly that reason)...incidentally I cured my lack of flip up by filling the ruts on the flippy up bit with apoxy resin, lasted an extra year like that - and that bit's not structural to the helmet.

This be the one - I went for the Titanium, matches the TDM frame colour well.

#56 TDMalcolm

TDMalcolm

really likes Carpe

• Members
  • 80 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 16 July 2007 - 11:20 am

Hi All, I recently got a nolan from HG because like some of you guys i wear glasses and found the drop down visor excellent it will partly drop down to give you a "peak" to keep the rain of the visor, the lid is very comfi / quiet /very good system for the strap...all this and it's ready for "blue tooth" (built in) well made...down side it's not a flip up! blink.gif
cheers all
TDMalcolm

#57 Tizermac

Tizermac

really likes Carpe

• Members
  • 91 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 16 July 2007 - 03:10 pm

Had my Caberg since January picked it up at the Superbike show in Ally Pally. Been very happy with it I went for the Trip great idea the flip up front and integrated dark visor, only thing is the shape of the visor on the Trip it causes a bit of turbulance if you have it half open just shielding you eyes in rain for instance, reckon I would go for the Justimo next time, they Caberg flip front are a little bit noisier but not exceptionaly bad nothing that some ear plugs cant deal with as you say great for us glasses wearers. cool.gif

Cheers

Steve Mac

#58 Guinness

Guinness

has been here 4ever

• 1,657 posts
  • TDM model: 2005

Posted 16 July 2007 - 06:05 pm

last 6 or 7 years ive had the BMW flipup lids. Everything is good cept the visor, it fogs up at the glimps of moisture. so i put it a pinlock double glazing jobby.

BUT.. a new helmet is needed and i do LOVE the look of the new BMW helmet... so minimalistic... bit alien .. but very €€€

so far the Airoh or Shuberth flipup with sun visor are the two options im looking at.
i didnt much like the look of the sun visor on the Shuberth : take plastic bit, cut rectangular shape, bend, push into bike. but it works...
the sun visor on the Airoh is shaped like the sun visor on a pilot helmet...
but the Airoh had more nooks and crannies, bits and bobs sticking out = more noise
so was going for the Shuberth...

till this topic
didnt know Caberg made these...
thanks for the info... good.gif

quick question
on the caberg, are the sun visor/chinrelease button/visor easy to operate with (winter)gloves?

edit:
and there's a bluetooth kit available ... intercom + cellphone + satnav
http://www.caberg-he...ooth2.aspx?l=en

edit2:
in other post Tam jsut specified the price of the bluetooth kit... so lets forget that option blink.gif £169 ??
I'm an insomniac agnostic dyslexic. I lay awake at night and wonder if there really is a dog.

yamaha : xv535/92-92 | red TDM850/92-05 | silver TDM900A/05-

get them here

#59 Tizermac

Tizermac

really likes Carpe

• Members
  • 91 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 17 July 2007 - 06:57 pm

quick question
on the caberg, are the sun visor/chinrelease button/visor easy to operate with (winter)gloves?

Hi G

I was always used to D Rings as I thought they were more secure, however the chinstrap is a push click variety on the Caberg and this is very easy to operate, same as the sun visor a sliding button on the top of the helmet easy to operate winter gloves mitts whatever, the chin release is a switch on the front of the chin one handed operation , havent found a problem at allI feel the Caberg gives value for money and it really is holding up well.

Cheers

Steve Mac

Just though my caberg is the Trip I think the internal Visor mechanism is defferent on the Justimo GT

Edited by Tizermac, 17 July 2007 - 07:02 pm.

#60 Guest_E.T._*

Guest_E.T._*
  • Guests

Posted 17 July 2007 - 07:58 pm

Justismo GT is very easy to use wearing anything...or nothing (if you're that way inclined). The chin strap catch is better than the old seatbelt type and has the same advantages of both D rings and convenience of a standard clip (tighten to whats right at the time, if your wearing nothing under your lid, a balaclava, wind cheater etc)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users