Photo
- - - - -

HELMET : Caberg rhyno (flipup + sun visor)

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#21 zander

zander

sticking around

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • TDM model: none yet

Posted 06 September 2007 - 06:18 pm

my partner uses the caberg for work purposes and doesnt seem to have a problem (has to comunicate with pupils via mike system), likes the tinted sun visor as it saves messing with shades and the bonus with the flip up front is when he stops for a break he doesn't need to remove his lid so can drink his tea or whatever and his head stays dry in the rain

#22 harvey krumpet

harvey krumpet

full o shoite

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts
  • TDM model: 1997

Posted 09 October 2007 - 06:01 am

QUOTE(zander @ Thu 6th Sep 2007, 07:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
my partner uses the caberg for work purposes and doesnt seem to have a problem (has to comunicate with pupils via mike system), likes the tinted sun visor as it saves messing with shades and the bonus with the flip up front is when he stops for a break he doesn't need to remove his lid so can drink his tea or whatever and his head stays dry in the rain

I have a trip/rhyno like in the photo, great value for 99 quid. Sunvisor is a real boon on changeable weather days & riding into tunnels! Excellent peripheral vision too. I have not tried or seen a helmet which can compete for value in my humble opinion. No probs with vents but it is a tad noisy. I can live with that for the convenience it gives. I did wonder how long it would take for someone to spot the obvious mistake on the Nolan.

TDM 850 Loud and unusual. CRM 250r Woo hoo! DT 230 Lanza Fiddled with.... Bloody hell, is that legal? GG Randonee AKA "I didn't think that was possible".

#23 Bulldog

Bulldog

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 117 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 09 October 2007 - 10:30 pm

I have a Caberg and they do work well and the sun shade is excellent. I would add though that at the end of the day, it's on the heavy side.
Current: Yamaha XVS1300 Midnight Star and Yamaha FJR1300A
Previously: TDM900; Harley Davidson Sportster Roadster 1200 almost stage 2 tune; Honda NX250, Yamaha RD350(2), Suzuki GT380, Honda 305 scrambler.

#24 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 09 October 2007 - 11:13 pm

that Nolan is just silly and the first time i saw one i knew the visors would get scratched up all too easily.

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#25 Guest_Naboki_*

Guest_Naboki_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 October 2007 - 01:16 pm

QUOTE(wicklamulla @ Wed 10th Oct 2007, 12:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that Nolan is just silly and the first time i saw one i knew the visors would get scratched up all too easily.

I've got one. An N102. Ye'r right, up to a point. They did scratch i.e. the main visor got a little scuffed on the upper outside part - on the edge of the fog screen - which BTW works like a charm . It doesnt bother me at all, cuz its snot in my visible area. Sun visor is useful on the outside: long rides in daylight it gathers all the bugs; when I arrive at the city of destination I just lift it and have a sqeeky clean visor fer city trafic. For all the rest, I've had the fecker 2 months now, ridden 'bout 6000 km's - it's confortable, the noise isnt that bad and ventilation is pretty nice. Also, it has the little thing below yer chin to cover up the gap there - great on long rides or in the cold. Removable, washable interior iznt bad either. To me it's worth the 230 Euros I paid fer it. Prolly fer my next helmet I'll save fer a Schubert C2 - or if in finnancial bind I'll go fer anuvver Nolan.

Edited by Naboki, 11 October 2007 - 01:23 pm.

#26 catsbum

catsbum

Sponsored by AutoGlym

• 7,057 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 07:44 pm

I use 2 helmets, a very Old Simpson S2, no, not the darth one, the Nascar one without the ridge. I also use a Takachi Flip. Both OK but noisy n the Takachi is heavy on a run.

Comments on this Caberg currently running on Ebay

Ta cool.gif

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...1QQcmdZViewItem

#27 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• 9,336 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 11 October 2007 - 08:49 pm

excellent!
thats what i have good.gif

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#28 catsbum

catsbum

Sponsored by AutoGlym

• 7,057 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 09:01 pm

QUOTE(TonyDevil @ Thu 11th Oct 2007, 09:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
excellent!
thats what i have good.gif

Oh, But you look ugly in it though. rolleyes.gif

Might buy it anyway

#29 Hartside Man

Hartside Man

Old Moaning Git !!

• RTT manager(RTT)
  • 3,247 posts
  • Location:On Hartside more often than not ! But Live in Carlisle UK
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 11 October 2007 - 09:35 pm

QUOTE(CatsBum @ Thu 11th Oct 2007, 08:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh, But you look ugly in it though. rolleyes.gif

Might buy it anyway

buy one without the stickers on it and save yourself a tenner rolleyes.gif

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I have a Ghost S and i'm not afraid to use it !

A Beast in Orange Called KaTie eM 

"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul".

"So you just ride somewhere, eat cake and then ride back".

"Normal people believe that if it ain't broken, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broken, it doesn't have enough features yet."

" I We're Ridin so Fast , I we're sucking Rabbits from the Hedges "   {Guy Martin}

#30 catsbum

catsbum

Sponsored by AutoGlym

• 7,057 posts

Posted 13 October 2007 - 09:01 am

Anyone got a pic of the 'open face conversion'?

Thanks for the tip. Going for white I think

#31 Baron

Baron

has been here 4ever

• 1,076 posts
  • Location:Drum Castle (well, next door), Kincardineshire.....well, I am a Baron!

Posted 13 October 2007 - 12:06 pm

I had a Caberg Justissimo (£170) that I liked a lot but in my quest for a quiet helmet that would negate the need for ear plugs I replaced it with a Schuberth S1, reputed to be the quietest helmet available. At £350 it is bleedin' expensive and to be honest was not much better in noise terms that my Justissimo and also doesn't have the flip up chin piece. So on reflection I'd have stayed with my Justisimo.......knowledge is a wonderful thing.

Regarding bluetooth headsets, I've tried a couple but found that the necessary balance between amplification and battery life means that for me at least they have not yet been developed to a poiunt to make them effective. I ended up fitting a hardwired autocom which is great.
Gone but not forgotten: 2007 TDM900ABS Competition White, datatagged, fenda extenda, tomtom rider 1, Yamaha main stand, Yamaha heated grips, HID headlights, Yamaha top box & city side cases, MRA Vario screen, CLS200 automatic chain oiler, Yamaha belly pan, DL650 handguards, Gi-Pro X gear indicator, SW-Motech Mirror Extensions, LED side light, Stebel Nautilus AIR HORN!!!!!

(1974....KTM Comet Cross, RD250B, XS750, Wife & kids, DT175, Suzuki GT500, XT500, XT500 (modified), ZX-10 (the 1st one!), Yamaha TT600R, Suzuki GT750B, GT750K, '04 TDM900, GSX1100F, '07 TDM900A, '06 FJR1300A

#32 RevvinKevin

RevvinKevin

enuff posts to fill a 50cc

• 53 posts
  • TDM model: 2005

Posted 13 October 2007 - 04:50 pm

QUOTE(wicklamulla @ Tue 9th Oct 2007, 11:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I had the Caberg but seeing as I wear glasses and ride year round I found that the internal visor of the Caberg had a habit of making my glasses steam up on bright but chilly mornings.

Funnily enough it was never the dark visor that steamed up................ unsure.gif
Honda SS50(4 speed), Honda CB 125S, Honda CB550K3, Laverda Mirage 1200, Kawasaki GPZ550, Kawasaki GPz550 (Unitrak), Yamaha 600 Diversion, Yamaha TDM 900, Yamaha XT660, Honda ST1300, Yamaha FZ6 Fazer

#33 catsbum

catsbum

Sponsored by AutoGlym

• 7,057 posts

Posted 13 October 2007 - 06:33 pm

Time to ask TonyD as he has Bluetooth on his. In fact, we were filming his Trixxie the other week, Noise Testing, and he was speaking to me via his helmet and It was clear as day.

Other important point: Measure your head. I have always been a XL/ Tried a Caberg Today (thanks mr Drambuie) fitted perfect and it was L.

Measure the Bonce!!

Edited by CatsBum, 13 October 2007 - 06:34 pm.

#34 fightingirish

fightingirish

seems to like Carpe

• 41 posts
  • TDM model: 1995

Posted 14 October 2007 - 01:36 pm

I have the Caberg Rhyno helmet in nice matt black. Find it to be comfortable and silent. Like the sun visor but hate the way the main visor steams up quite a bit.

Apart from that, better than most helmets I have owned.

#35 catsbum

catsbum

Sponsored by AutoGlym

• 7,057 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 05:59 am

Irish,
Small bit of RainX on soft cloth should sort that out wink.gif

#36 Guinness

Guinness

has been here 4ever

• 1,657 posts
  • TDM model: 2005

Posted 16 October 2007 - 02:04 pm

cabergh also make the bmw helmet, so also the same for their visor WHICH FOG UP EVEN IN THE SHOP.
bmw sell their visors with a pinlock (double glazing) as an option.
bmw visor without = €64 but it fogs up like crazy
pinlock = €30 like double glazing. it works perfectly and the fogprotection doesnt "wear off",
bmw visor with pinlock already "perfectly" mounted = €94, so fair price. of course you could transfer the pinlock to a new vizor if you want, if its the same type of visor
this however means drilling holes in the visor... precision work!

I'm an insomniac agnostic dyslexic. I lay awake at night and wonder if there really is a dog.

yamaha : xv535/92-92 | red TDM850/92-05 | silver TDM900A/05-

get them here

#37 Hartside Man

Hartside Man

Old Moaning Git !!

• RTT manager(RTT)
  • 3,247 posts
  • Location:On Hartside more often than not ! But Live in Carlisle UK

Posted 17 October 2007 - 08:20 pm

QUOTE(Guinness @ Tue 16th Oct 2007, 01:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
cabergh also make the bmw helmet, so also the same for their visor WHICH FOG UP EVEN IN THE SHOP.

Funny as my Caberg is the best helmet i have ever owned for not fogging. one of the best anti fog coatings i have come across

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I have a Ghost S and i'm not afraid to use it !

A Beast in Orange Called KaTie eM 

"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul".

"So you just ride somewhere, eat cake and then ride back".

"Normal people believe that if it ain't broken, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broken, it doesn't have enough features yet."

" I We're Ridin so Fast , I we're sucking Rabbits from the Hedges "   {Guy Martin}

#38 catsbum

catsbum

Sponsored by AutoGlym

• 7,057 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 11:35 am

Well, Mine's ordered and should be here Friday. It's white. Not the best colour but always had white. 'Think Bike' stuff

Anyhow, now I want some reflective decals/stickers to break it up a bit. Links anyone? dry.gif

#39 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• 9,336 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 18 October 2007 - 11:58 am

QUOTE(CatsBum @ Thu 18th Oct 2007, 12:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, Mine's ordered and should be here Friday. It's white. Not the best colour but always had white. 'Think Bike' stuff

Anyhow, now I want some reflective decals/stickers to break it up a bit. Links anyone? dry.gif

its white, you'll look like a lollypop anyway tongue.gif

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#40 catsbum

catsbum

Sponsored by AutoGlym

• 7,057 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 06:48 pm

LollyPop? How dare you.

Arrived today. Perfect fit and no worries. Came with some plastic that you can ride without the flip...Look Like Bloody Adam Ant though!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users