6 replies to this topic

#1 richierex

richierex

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 166 posts
  • TDM model: 1997

Posted 08 October 2015 - 04:45 pm

What are you guys paying for insurance. I have been riding mainly "future classics" and was shocked at my renemal quote. Anyway I ended up paying £180 for a 2008 TDM900 A , fully comp with European cover, does this seem reasonable. What makes me ask is that my old VFR750 was a lot less and worth only around £1000 less, no ABS and more potential to affect other road users, faster, older, worse brakes etc. Help me to calm down :shocked: please.

#2 chrisr

chrisr

has been here 4ever

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,746 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 08 October 2015 - 05:43 pm

Seems a bit expensive, think mine's about £140 for the same cover plus breakdown, but I know others get it for less. I do have to phone them every year to get it down from the renewal price they quote, but that seems to be the case with all insurance now.

The Blue One : 2004 model owned 2010-2018 much loved, much missed and now living with a man in Scotland
The Black One : 2010 Model Registered 2013 owned 2018 - present.Beowulf Cans. Renthal 755s Grip Puppies,15w fork oil,DL650 handguards,givi engine bars,led spotlights,gipro gear indicator,shortened dogbones,LeeHenty CSM kit and stainless bits,Topsellerie seat,MRA Xcreen,grip puppies.PC III (dynoed). K&N airfilter,Fenda extenda.

#3 ProudViking

ProudViking

needs a 2nd hobby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 08 October 2015 - 05:46 pm

Kinda depends how old you are, where you are and no claims etc....

Mine was £230 for same cover plus legal cover.

#4 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,395 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 08 October 2015 - 06:18 pm

TDM 900 A.

Carole Nash £139 fully comp which includes trips up to 90 days EU & whole year UK breakdown, however my cheapest quote was £79 for fully comprehensive without any breakdown (a no-brainer for a long, EU multi-country summer trip).

Both quotes were for up to 20,000 miles, included pillion, commuting & protected No Claims but not other stuff like legal cover or bottom wiping.

Edited by Favs, 08 October 2015 - 06:19 pm.

Single-handedly reviving the Wave.

2008 reg. Black TDM 900 ABS

#5 jiff

jiff

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • TDM model: 1997

Posted 09 October 2015 - 11:09 am

......£201....Carol

two bikes, one on SORN, garaged , central London, protected ncb, no breakdown.

....Jiff

#6 trevini

trevini

has been here 4ever

• 1,779 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 09 October 2015 - 03:43 pm

£96 (in July) with PC, Cans and luggage etc all declared. Full no claims, clean licence, but no commuting/pillion. Hastings again as they came up with a decent renewal price, unlike the likes of Bennetts who like to take your pants down.

2004 Galaxy Blue. Owned since 486 miles.Renthal 755 bars, Bagster tank cover, Oxford heated grips, DL650 hand guards, Double Bubble screen, Scorpion Rad guard, Gel pad insert, HLD undertray, Angry Badger tailtidy,  Michelin Road 5s, Givi E21s, E46 topbox, Ohlins shock and YSS cartridge emulators   Currently not fitted - PC3, Remus Revolutions.

LCErj.jpg

Putting up with the "niner" jokes since 2005
Check out http://www.hotcoldground.co.uk we're really rather good!
Like food? I feed people -  SmokinGrillGuy <p>

#7 NickIAM

NickIAM

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 09 October 2015 - 04:42 pm

I find it a bit of a nightmare. The other year I thought I'd try renewing direct (rather than going through the comparison site) and called MCE. They beat the previous years price and I was very pleased... A few days later they called me back and told me my renewal price did not include the same terms as the year before and it would cost me much more. Boy was I pissed!

I still use MCE but I go through the comparison site to get to them (and get a little meerkat into the bargain, and cheap cinema tickets). But even so, they still have loads of addons.

:)

Yeah, I've done the IAM. And yeah, I recommend it (any so-called 'advanced training' come to that; not just IAM): A low cost training course based on the system used by the police, which is largely common sense once pointed out, making one smoother, quicker and safer. What's not to like? And why would one not want to tell others?  :hide:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users