• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Onesea

Onesea

arrived on last train

• 6 posts
  • TDM model: 2005

Posted 08 January 2018 - 07:07 am

I have had my TDM900 2004 8 months now, I have done about 6,000 miles on her.  Lovely to ride light and great on fuel.

Also have a Triumph Trophy 1200 lovely to ride slightly top heavy and heavy on fuel,  but my misses prefers being pillion on that one.

Result a 2 bike garage :D 

Based down in the New Forest on Hampshire Dorset border.

I will leave it there for the moment as I have a look around at the info available...

I have to say thanks to the "Friends of Carpe-tdm.net" facebook page for getting me in here.  When I bought the bike I tried and failed to join some how?

#2 PICARD

PICARD

has been here 4ever

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 08 January 2018 - 07:14 am

Hi and welcome to the institution that is carpe. You'll find a good mine of info and help in here....its the best fiver you'll never spend!
Lock onto my co-ordinates and beam me up !!

04 900 - 92 mk 1 - r 1150 rs - Z550 A1 - 2x bonnies - plastic slug -XL185 - ...not in that order !! (and one or two i don't want / dare to own up to !!)

#3 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,114 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 08 January 2018 - 07:35 am

Hello dare and welcome.
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#4 TDMick

TDMick

TDMick

• 3,830 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 08 January 2018 - 07:38 am

Welcome to the madhouse!

:welcome:

Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional
Who dies with the most toys wins!

2010 'stealth' grey 900. '14 plate. engine bars, Centre stand, datatool alarm, datatag, E22s, Cree DRLs, Barkbuster handguards, Carpe sticker. Led running lights

#5 Riggers

Riggers

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 08 January 2018 - 09:09 am

Welcome to the rabble. Lovely place the New Forest. Visited it late last year (sadly in my car) on a visit to the National Motor Museum.

#6 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,213 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 08 January 2018 - 09:43 am

Welcome to the mad house. Glad to see you finally made it.  Turns out you missed a letter out of your email address when registering, so I'm sure you'll fit right in on here. :lol:

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#7 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,747 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 08 January 2018 - 01:35 pm

Hello and welcome :good:

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#8 Grendel

Grendel

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 230 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 08 January 2018 - 02:24 pm

:welcome: :drinks:

Good to here of another TDM down this way. I'm  in Southampton.

Edited by Grendel, 08 January 2018 - 02:25 pm.

#9 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,395 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 08 January 2018 - 05:13 pm

Greetings

Single-handedly reviving the Wave.

2008 reg. Black TDM 900 ABS

#10 Gdogg

Gdogg

has been here 4ever

• 1,163 posts
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 08 January 2018 - 05:19 pm

Welcome Onesea, any piccies of the bike apart from the one in your profile !

<p> Now Sold 😔......850 MK2A 4TX6 in Silver, Stainless steel hand rolled slip on end can, stainless 2into1 headers, K&N air filter, Hagon progressive front springs, Gdogg modified rear shock, Else Made "Ridgeback" Gel Seat, Gdogg under seat fender extender, Powrspark leads, Carbon fiber effect vinyl wrap fairing decals & logos, Michelin Pilot Road2's, V-Strom hand guards, Givi monorack & box (colour matched side rails).

#11 Onesea

Onesea

arrived on last train

• 6 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 05:43 pm

Hows this?

Attached Files

#12 drewpy

drewpy

has been here 4ever

• 1,758 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 08 January 2018 - 05:57 pm

welcome to the madhouse

"As I Lay Rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I skid and begin to slide, please dear god protect my ride"

Mods; Oil pressure switch, neoprene rear inner mudguard, scottoiler, highway pegs,  fenda extenda, 1999 carbs and airbox, Kais suspension setup, later clutch springs, LED lamps, Metmachex swingarm, Hagon Shock, Oxford heated grips, 4 way fused accessory Bus, 17" 3CV front wheel, Michellin R6 tyres, GPS speedo, 5' ignition advance.

#13 Kelpie

Kelpie

900 going for ... 1000cc?

• 944 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 08 January 2018 - 06:36 pm

:welcome:
You don't need balls to ride a big bike.

#14 Swarf

Swarf

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 08 January 2018 - 06:50 pm

Ayup fella, nice part of the country. Do like a shuffle round Sammy's place.

#15 Gdogg

Gdogg

has been here 4ever

• 1,163 posts
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 08 January 2018 - 07:38 pm

Hows this?

Smart  :good:

<p> Now Sold 😔......850 MK2A 4TX6 in Silver, Stainless steel hand rolled slip on end can, stainless 2into1 headers, K&N air filter, Hagon progressive front springs, Gdogg modified rear shock, Else Made "Ridgeback" Gel Seat, Gdogg under seat fender extender, Powrspark leads, Carbon fiber effect vinyl wrap fairing decals & logos, Michelin Pilot Road2's, V-Strom hand guards, Givi monorack & box (colour matched side rails).

#16 Onesea

Onesea

arrived on last train

• 6 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 08:12 pm

A quick Onesea FAQ.

The New forest is nice place but roads 40mph and policed well,  but there are still some nice roads...  Im in the south of it means I generally head North/ West I find the ferry fares to the next island expensive, it would be cheaper to go to France..

Sammy MIllers is a place I have been known to visit, if I take the dull route its just down the road and round the corner.  If not working there is meet there on Tuesday mornings I often attend.

Last year I frequented Beaullieu quite frequently as I had a BMCT Card ( http://www.bmct.org/) 20 pound a year and free entry to lot of places for Beaulieu its cheaper than entrance fee!

I have been riding 3 years before that I had no interest in bikes. Although my father and grandfather and mother and grandmother all rode before I was born.  My interest came after some fun times in Vietnam involving scooters alcohol and not a crash helmet in site.  I am not that bad now, although not everyone believes me..

My Bike History:  YBR 125 (sold),  FZ6 (for sale), Suzuki Burgman(sold), Triumph Trophy 1200, TDM 900 not bad for 3 years.

I was quite happy with FZ6 until misses started going Pillion, then she objected to sitting on her feet.  She found the Trophy and prefers it to the TDM, we were going to sell Trophy and keep 1 bike, she's happier on the Trophy with us having 2 (Trophy on my own is heavy and only does 35-40 mpg).

Trophy 2 up & Touring TDM has no paniers so mainly used by me for occasional commuting days out knocking around and occasionally nights away.

I ride all year, unless there's snow or to much ice, my misses pillions all year but prefers double figures in terms of temperature.

Feel free to ask more.

To the spelling and grammar police, you will never know if I do it deliberately or its my bad spelling :D

Edited by Onesea, 08 January 2018 - 08:12 pm.

#17 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• 4,671 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 08 January 2018 - 08:40 pm

Hows this?

Same as mine, but cleaner, and fewer miles probably !

900 with better bits. Owes me nothing, Makes me smile

#18 Matt101

Matt101

full o shoite

• 2,391 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 09 January 2018 - 03:56 pm

Welcome matey

#19 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,395 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 09 January 2018 - 04:33 pm

Mmmm plates of yoghurt nearby too..........

Single-handedly reviving the Wave.

2008 reg. Black TDM 900 ABS

#20 Onesea

Onesea

arrived on last train

• 6 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 04:39 pm

Mmmm plates of yoghurt nearby too..........

Ah that's a cracking and unlikely stop that welcomes bikes on the A338, it even has a dodgy name.
http://www.seeds2glory.com/
Its a funny stop, often has more ladies in Lycra than men...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users