• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Richievid

Richievid

arrived on last train

• 1 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 13 January 2018 - 09:18 pm

Hi I have a 96 TDM 850, it has been unloved for 5 years and I want to get it restored with slight modification, I am in Berkshire, does anybody know of a shop that would take this on?

I hope Ive posted this in the right place, I keep looking at MT 07/09's and think my TDM's the original of this, hope someone can help or point me in the right direction, cheers

#2 Talltom87

Talltom87

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 381 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 13 January 2018 - 10:19 pm

Have a look in classic motorcycle mechanics, they have classifieds and other adverts with garages offering such a service. Or, have a go at it yourself. I am doing with my 1992 850!

#3 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 13 January 2018 - 11:33 pm

Hello dare and welcome.

If you are interested in doin it yersen I am sure you will find plenty of help on ear.

What bit of Berks are ya in?
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#4 Gdogg

Gdogg

has been here 4ever

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 1,160 posts
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 14 January 2018 - 07:40 am

Welcome Richievid  :good:

Restoration ? Might sound silly but work with me here ! , do you want the bike restored or do you mean recommissioning ?,  as in checking it all over and getting it ready to go Spring - Summer ? or have you brought a "do'er upper" and want a ground up restoration ?

Like Dappers and TT87 state, if it's just a case of recommissioning the bike why not have a go yourself, that's assuming you have the time, space and inclination that is  :huh: , there's loads of info scattered about the pages of this site and even more advice just a "click" away.

Share a bit more info and see what the good folks come up with  :good:

<p> Now Sold 😔......850 MK2A 4TX6 in Silver, Stainless steel hand rolled slip on end can, stainless 2into1 headers, K&N air filter, Hagon progressive front springs, Gdogg modified rear shock, Else Made "Ridgeback" Gel Seat, Gdogg under seat fender extender, Powrspark leads, Carbon fiber effect vinyl wrap fairing decals & logos, Michelin Pilot Road2's, V-Strom hand guards, Givi monorack & box (colour matched side rails).

#5 drewpy

drewpy

has been here 4ever

• 1,753 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 14 January 2018 - 09:17 am

getting it restored would cost 1000's much more than the bike is worth.

If you do go down that route keep us informed on progress

"As I Lay Rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I skid and begin to slide, please dear god protect my ride"

Mods; Oil pressure switch, neoprene rear inner mudguard, scottoiler, highway pegs,  fenda extenda, 1999 carbs and airbox, Kais suspension setup, later clutch springs, LED lamps, Metmachex swingarm, Hagon Shock, Oxford heated grips, 4 way fused accessory Bus, 17" 3CV front wheel, Michellin R6 tyres, GPS speedo, 5' ignition advance.

#6 Bjørge

Bjørge

has been here 4ever

• 1,791 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 15 January 2018 - 10:48 am

Hi I have a 96 TDM 850, it has been unloved for 5 years and I want to get it restored with slight modification, I am in Berkshire, does anybody know of a shop that would take this on?

I hope Ive posted this in the right place, I keep looking at MT 07/09's and think my TDM's the original of this, hope someone can help or point me in the right direction, cheers

Hi !

Well, talking about "The Original TDM", you're really saying you wanna buy an MkI, right ?  :pimp:

Bjørge

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users