Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Hints To Use The 'new Look' (How To's)

help post photos foums links smileys

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Poll: 'Help' post.

Has this been of any help to you?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 tdm850rider

tdm850rider

Carpe Citizen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,103 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:44 pm

As we explore the new look in Carpe we will be learning things we may wish to pass on.... this post will grow over time.

Table of Contents: (In no discernible order, click to go.)

How to:

Filter by Forum: (Is in this post.)

Other hints/help topics...

Photo and Avatars:

Changing Avatars:

Smileys (Emoticons):

Go to Last Unread Post:

Cutesy Links:

Editing the Title:

Search/Advanced Search:

To get back to the top of the page... hit the 'home' button on your keyboard or click Return to index.

Navigation: View New Content (link upper right) click to see new content.
Used to be you got all new content even if it did not apply to you, now we can be selective.
Example would be me, since I can't buy or sell due to the silly cost of shipping from the US to Europe and vice-versa for sale/wanted does not really interest me.

So if you want to see new content from most forums but not say... foreign languages (since you can't speak them) do this:

When you click view content you will see on the left side of the page is a list 'forums' and 'posts i have not read', both should be highlighted
but if you also highlight 'filter by forum' When you highlight 'filter by forum' a pop-out appears that lets you choose which forums you want
(of course you have to un-highlight 'all forums' first. you can highlight everything that applies to you and leave the rest un-highlighted)

Posted Image

(and I can get everything that applies to me without posts from 'buying/selling' since I can't won't pay $45 shipping on something that cost me $8...)
unfortunately I need to 'un-do' this since I am a moderator and need to see all posts.except 'other languages' since I can't read them anyway... (Greek is all greek to me.)

To get back to the top of the page... hit the 'home' button on your keyboard or click the little 'up-arrow' at the bottom center of the page. I will try to put a 'bounce back' link at the bottom of each help post.

Any other hints that may help our technologically-challenged (or just plain confused) brothers and sisters can be posted below. I will find them and add them to the index.

Comments and suggestions welcome. :hide:
Posted Image

Always tell the truth, it will gratify some of the people and astonish the rest. (Mark Twain)
£

Stebel Nautilus air-horn, Corbin seat, MRA Touring screen, single Delkevic silencer.
"I see by your outfit that you are a spaceman"(MkI (3VD) TDM Review)
Hints for using Carpe-TDM. (photo's, links, etc).

#2 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:31 pm

i LIKE this, yo go THenkel !!!

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#3 tdm850rider

tdm850rider

Carpe Citizen

• 6,103 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:43 pm

To get to the 'last unread' post look to the left of the post title and you see a little blue star Posted Image or a little blue dot...
Star is last unread you replied to, dot is last unread you did not reply to...

Return to index.
Posted Image

Always tell the truth, it will gratify some of the people and astonish the rest. (Mark Twain)
£

Stebel Nautilus air-horn, Corbin seat, MRA Touring screen, single Delkevic silencer.

#4 tdm850rider

tdm850rider

Carpe Citizen

• 6,103 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:34 pm

The 'help' link at the bottom left of each page can be quite... um... helpful. :ambusy:
Although as Studders pointed out some may need updating.... hence this.
Posted Image

£

#5 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:30 am

Smiley Faces:

Where have da little emoticons gone

When you reply to a post, in the tools along the top of the text box is a piccy of a smiley face, click on that and they appear at the bottom. :badgerrock:

Return to index.
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#6 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:32 am

About as much use as a "Chocolate fire guard" if you cant upload pics directly from your PC's files :tdown:

Just uploaded from my pc

Click on the 'More Reply Options' button next to the 'Post' button at the bottom of the post text box. :)

WHY THE FOOK HAS THIS SITE ALL CHANGED !!!!!!

BRING BACK MY OLD CARPE-TDM SITE . :rant:

WHY ?

Ivan, we had to upgrade the software to make the site safe and secure.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#7 steveearwig

steveearwig

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 289 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:44 am

Oooh, just like the Toyota forum now, exept the natives are friendly and know what they're talking about :punishment:

The board also disabbles mi spel chekker, gnot thet i thnik anyonez gonna notis onn heer :P :P

Edited by steveearwig, 03 October 2012 - 08:46 am.

3VD006578 - it's alive!!

#8 TinTin

TinTin

has been here 4ever

• 1,296 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:15 am

Attached File  2012-09-29 16.51.31.jpg   171.45KB   7 downloads

Just checking everything works :um: :tup:

#9 tdm850rider

tdm850rider

Carpe Citizen

• 6,103 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:42 pm

Some deffo need changing, for example the How to include images in your post. doesn't tell you how to upload pics from the pc.

How to for Avatar and photos in posts.

AVATAR: Your personal picture off to the left there...
<___
Up in the top right you will see your name.
Click the down arrow and a box shows 'My Profile', 'My Settings' etc.
That is your 'control panel'.
Avatar is in 'My Settings' (That's also where you put in your location and stuff.)

First thing is marked 'photo' click that and a box shows where you can upload from your computer or use a URL from a Photobucket picture.
It is very self explanatory so I will not go into details...

BTW Avatars.....just click on your avatar piccy, takes you to my settings, and click on piccy again to change it. :)

To upload other pics either take them from Photobucket or upload from your computer.

Computer:
  • Click 'More reply options' at the bottom left of the screen.
  • There is a box to browse your computer for the photo.
  • Click the photo you want (hit 'open') and you will see the box fill in.
  • Click 'attach'.
  • Click 'add to post'

and there it is...
Attached File  bmw-r75-cafe-racer-1.jpg   43.79KB   0 downloads

Photobucket:

• Assuming you have a Photobucket account with pictures in it...
  • Go to the account, put your mouse over the photo and you will see 2 boxes (image code and image thumb) .
  • If it is a really big pic select 'image thumb' for a small clickable version.
  • If it's a decent size select 'image code' for a full size photo.
  • Whichever you select when you click that box the code will automatically copy.
  • Paste it in.

and there it is... (This is Image Code)

(And this is Image Thumb)

If you want larger pictures use Photobucket, if you want easily sharable pictures upload them.
Just never move the Photobucket pictures to a new folder or the link will break and they will not show up.

To LINK to a photo:

If you want to link to a photo without actually showing it in the post just do not use the IMG and /IMG tags (and their brackets).

http://i79.photobuck.../Delkevic_6.jpg or Same photo Linky-style

Return to index.

Posted Image

£

#10 jono49

jono49

has been here 4ever

• 1,183 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:15 pm

WhooHoo I can post pics at last! Here's my two soon to be one "Gay" yellow Beauty's :tup: Attached File  two bikes 007.JPG   88.43KB   13 downloads

Don't get confused between my personality
and my attitude. My personality is who I am,
my attitude depends on who YOU are!

Skinny people are easy to kidnap.....Stay safe and eat cake!!!!!

#11 Geordie Guy

Geordie Guy

Carpe Citizen

• 3,502 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:35 am

Ivan, we had to upgrade the software to make the site safe and secure.

Fairy Nuff !

its starting to grow on me........
I'm a TDM SNOB !!!!     "Adventure before Dementia"  

Kawasaki GT550, XJ900 Diversion, 2002 TDM 900 , 2008 TDM 900a, 2010 TDM 900a.

#12 tdm850rider

tdm850rider

Carpe Citizen

• 6,103 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:28 pm

Oooh, just like the Toyota forum now, exept the natives are friendly and know what they're talking about :punishment:

The board also disabbles mi spel chekker, gnot thet i thnik anyonez gonna notis onn heer :P :P

My spell check works but I am not sure how you would turn spell check on... just put your cursor on a word and try a right click and see if that helps.
Posted Image

£

#13 tdm850rider

tdm850rider

Carpe Citizen

• 6,103 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:41 pm

Links:

Miss the little box that let you put in a URL and then give it a cutesy name like Linky ? I certainly did but Studley Dooright came to the rescue.

Say you want a link that reads My Website... Just type in
My Website
Highlight it, and then click the link button and put in the URL of your website. Hit OK and there you go.

My Website

instead of http://www.thomasdesigns.com/tomsplace

Return to index.
Another example, takes you back to the first post. What we used to call 'page anchors', back in the stone-age when we wrote webpages in HTML.
Posted Image

£

#14 tdm850rider

tdm850rider

Carpe Citizen

• 6,103 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:50 pm

Editing the Title:

If you make a spelling mistake in the title or want to reflect that an item has been sold:
  • Click 'Edit'.
  • Click 'Use Full Editor' (this allows title editing).
  • Save (Submit modified post).
Return to index.
Posted Image

£

#15 tdm850rider

tdm850rider

Carpe Citizen

• 6,103 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:58 pm

Comment your little hearts out, the 'index' skips to each help post if help is wanted. :hide:

If you don't ask for help on a section I won't know to start something new... :good:
Posted Image

£

#16 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:17 pm

My Email notifications don't work ! :help:

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#17 tdm850rider

tdm850rider

Carpe Citizen

• 6,103 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 03:12 pm

My Email notifications don't work ! :help:

As I understand it that is a server problem and it's being worked on as we speak. Augh! just noticed it's you... smart-arse.
Posted Image

£

#18 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 03:33 pm

Just having a bit o fun, helps relieve the stress ! :)

Feel free to delete my posts Thomas.

BTW Avatars.....just click on your avatar piccy, takes you to my settings, and click on piccy again to change it. :)

#19 tdm850rider

tdm850rider

Carpe Citizen

• 6,103 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:23 pm

Changing Avatars:

Return to index.
Posted Image

£

#20 dandywarhol

dandywarhol

Carpe Citizen

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 5,324 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:41 pm

An annoying feature is that if you click onto messages before "view new content" then click on "view new content" - there's no new content! :punishment:

1967 Yamaha TD1C 250, 2014 Kawasaki W800, 2011 Aprilia Tuono 1000 V4, 2020 Yamaha XSR900

"At the cutting edge of technophobia" Scotland_180-animated-flag-gifs.gif mccoy.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: help, post photos, foums, links, smileys

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users