#1 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,396 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 13 June 2015 - 02:56 pm

I ordered some parts from AJ Sutton (not the first time). I made it quite plain where to deliver and that the items were to be delivered by Royal Mail only, (as DPD depot is a PITA 40 miles round trip, there's never anyone in my doss to sign etc. & the local PO (open until 9pm), is a very convenient half-mile saunter), AJS agreed to RM delivery. I offered to pay any RM delivery premium, AJS said they would absorb the cost - so I paid up as a happy bunny.

I gave them a call on Thursday and was told the parts should be delivered on Friday - champion thinks I.

I log on to read my emails later that evening (after AJS is closed) and behold ..............................my order is being delivered on Friday by ...........DPD and to another address 300 miles away.

In AJS defence, I have had parts from them delivered to Farnborough in the past, with BoD, it could be the default address on their system.

So the downside is ............delivered by the wrong company to the wrong address & the upside is.... person present to sign for safe delivery, inspect goods prior to signing and I dont have the PITA 40 miles DPD depot run. Oh and I was going to Farnborough anyway (although I was going to test out new bike bits enroute and obviously couldn't and so needed to cage it instead)..

Also If I had ordered online I would have qualified for a new cleaning cloth t-shirt for free wot yoa doan get by phoning.

Happy to have the parts? Peedorf with errors? Wot you fink?

Edited by Favs, 13 June 2015 - 02:57 pm.

Single-handedly reviving the Wave.

2008 reg. Black TDM 900 ABS

#2 Wildbill

Wildbill

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 13 June 2015 - 04:05 pm

It's not like Suttons are cheap either !

They are 15% plus above rrp and take the piss with p+p charges.

Why did you not order locally  ?

Don't come preaching to me;you'll get chased down the road wiff a pitchfork.

#3 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,217 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 04:17 pm

Methinks they need to get their act together, esp. now that Fowlers are selling online.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#4 Splodge

Splodge

enuff posts to fill a 50cc

• 63 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 13 June 2015 - 05:39 pm

Got stuff arriving via UPS on monday...a work day. Either the cat signs for it or I'm off on tour again...

My mums monkey makes many mistakes.

#5 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,396 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 14 June 2015 - 06:27 am

@Wildbill Locally is almost as far and as much a pita as DPD depot. Agreed as not cheap and will play second fiddle from now on.

@SR Yeah, some improvements to be made if they want to stay in business.

@Splodge The cat can sign for it with the laser pen. What have you bought? Do tell.

Single-handedly reviving the Wave.

2008 reg. Black TDM 900 ABS

#6 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,760 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 14 June 2015 - 09:28 am

Ordered rear calipot piston from them 2 weeks before easter, phoned also to make sure was a stock item, "yessir in stock" will send am, one week on and no sign of them, called up to be told order went japanese, they can kiss my big fat hairy arse, 5 weeks for a piston in stock is a fookin joke, i would have to be extremely desperate to order from them again, had better service from Fowlers.

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#7 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,121 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 14 June 2015 - 09:32 am

, they can kiss my big fat hairy arse.

I hope they are joinin the queue dabbers...oi've beed on the waitin list fur ages.

"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#8 Wildbill

Wildbill

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 10:35 am

They  (Suttons) have gotten away with poor service simply because there was very little  completion with online

fiches for Yamahas in the UK.

Fowlers can be an obstreperous shower when phoned also mind.

Hope their online service is better.

https://www.fowlersparts.co.uk/browser/manufacturer/yamaha/bike/tdm850/year/1993/model/tdm850-3vd5-1993-999-b

Edited by Wildbill, 14 June 2015 - 10:36 am.

Don't come preaching to me;you'll get chased down the road wiff a pitchfork.

#9 Splodge

Splodge

enuff posts to fill a 50cc

• 63 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 14 June 2015 - 10:50 am

@ Favs   Rear brake disc. Italy to Germany = 1 day. Germany to Belgium = 4 days. Back of the van to me = unknown, but knowing my luck I may never receive it.... Ah well, chin up, I suppose, give someone else a chance to have a pop...

My mums monkey makes many mistakes.

#10 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,760 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 14 June 2015 - 03:16 pm

I hope they are joinin the queue dabbers...oi've beed on the waitin list fur ages.

If i had but known dappers, it's a bit sick at the mo, ya might want to wait..

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users