#1 PICARD

PICARD

has been here 4ever

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,744 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 05 June 2015 - 03:58 pm

Just had surgery on the left hand for trigger release. (stuck / unbendy finger syndrome).
Anyone else had this and can give a realistic idea of long it'll be before I can ride the bike again??
It's the ring finger, so clutch operation with other two should be ok when pain and wound allows.
No pessimists need reply !!........Cheers
Lock onto my co-ordinates and beam me up !!

04 900 - 92 mk 1 - r 1150 rs - Z550 A1 - 2x bonnies - plastic slug -XL185 - ...not in that order !! (and one or two i don't want / dare to own up to !!)

#2 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,754 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 05 June 2015 - 04:27 pm

Pick nose 3 x times daily to enhance healing Captain, as you say Pete, soon as pain and wound allow, would wait till the wound is dry though..

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#3 jono49

jono49

has been here 4ever

• 1,183 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 05 June 2015 - 10:57 pm

The wound is better dry if you stick it up yer bugle Pete :good:  :P

Don't get confused between my personality
and my attitude. My personality is who I am,
my attitude depends on who YOU are!

Skinny people are easy to kidnap.....Stay safe and eat cake!!!!!

#4 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,118 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 06 June 2015 - 04:44 am

Sowwy no experience of this but hope you is soon back in action captn.
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#5 TinTin

TinTin

has been here 4ever

• 1,296 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 06 June 2015 - 05:11 am

Had a similar operation on the same finger last year. Rode the bike when I could use the clutch without opening the wound(about 3 weeks)

You got to keep bending it as far as poss many times a day no matter how pain full it is. I still don't have full movement but it was a different operation to you. I had work on the tendon sheath. (I think that's what he said).

Good luck :good:

#6 jono49

jono49

has been here 4ever

• 1,183 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 06 June 2015 - 08:01 am

You could always try a run to Devils bridge tomorrow just to give it a try out :good: and fetch cliff, and it'll be a proper "Baldies" day out :P

Don't get confused between my personality
and my attitude. My personality is who I am,
my attitude depends on who YOU are!

Skinny people are easy to kidnap.....Stay safe and eat cake!!!!!

#7 PICARD

PICARD

has been here 4ever

• 1,744 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 08:44 pm

Thanks for the tips fellas.....very usefull!!
Feeling like the weekend may see a tryout ride.
Cliff...nose picking has always been a challenge for me , you know, with such a tiny little button nose and big dock off fingers, but I'll try !!
Looks like yer run out was a good'un..maybe next time.........

04 900 - 92 mk 1 - r 1150 rs - Z550 A1 - 2x bonnies - plastic slug -XL185 - ...not in that order !! (and one or two i don't want / dare to own up to !!)

#8 dablik

dablik

• 10,754 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 07:50 am

I'll pick it for ya Pete, i'm good like that  :good:

Edit....I'm off week after next, really need to pop over and return the big sucky thing matey..

Edited by dablik, 11 June 2015 - 07:51 am.

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#9 PICARD

PICARD

has been here 4ever

• 1,744 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 02:36 pm

( adopt sultry female voice here).........you have mail.....dablik

Edited by PICARD, 17 June 2015 - 02:37 pm.

#10 dablik

dablik

• 10,754 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 07:08 pm

( adopt sultry female voice here).........you have mail.....dablik

Fook, no chance, i've seen you in person a few times and me imagination just wont go there, sorry handsome  :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users