• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ChrisGT

ChrisGT

seems to like Carpe

• 41 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 14 June 2015 - 08:58 pm

has anyone any experience of the Goodwood revival? Thought I'd take the Mrs, ok £50 each entry I can live with, but another £50 to park the car, and £31 each for grandstand passes all adds up to well over £200, that's getting to be an expensive day out! My questions are, is it possible to park anywhere else, and do I need the Grandstand tickets, or is there enough to see without them? Can't go on the bike for several reasons, so, any info would be appreciated.

#2 hallrob1

hallrob1

has been here 4ever

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 15 June 2015 - 12:53 pm

You only have to pay for parking in the infield at Hawthorns and only if you have a pre 66 car - I've been the last two years and the normal Parking is free. (About all that is)

It is still bloody expensive - I'm sure entry tickets for Saturday and Sunday were £60 last year and the previous year only Friday was left when we booked and that was £35 so they are pushing it up each year.

If you are into Classic Cars (there are some bikes racing but it's mainly cars) it is very well done and a good day out with not only the racing but an Air Display and static displays. There's even a Tescos that is in period and re-packages most of the products in 60's wrappings.

I'd recommend a Grandstand if you can as it's a long day and it guarantees a seat with a good view of the action that you can keep returning to.

You'll also have to dress up in period clothing - you will certainly be in the minority if you dont. A pair of old overalls and a flat cap did it for me last year!

Oh, and set off early as the traffic's a nightmare if you don't!

1999 Gilera Runner 125SP, 2002 Piaggio X9 250, 2004 Bandit 600, 2005 TDM 900, 2007 Honda CB1300S, 2008 Tiger 1050, 1996 Triumph Sprint 900, 2006 Tiger 955i, 2018 Triumph Tiger Sport,  2023 Triumph Tiger 900, XJR1300, 2011 (2009) TDM 900, 

Farkles - Laser Duo Techs, MTC Stainless Exhausts, Laser Duo Techs, Power Commander and custom map, Tenere 1200 Handguards, Yamaha Heated Grips, MRA Vario screen, SW Motech Alurack,  Givi and Hepco and Becker top boxes, Givi Engine bars, Garmin Zumo XT

#3 ChrisGT

ChrisGT

seems to like Carpe

• 41 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 15 June 2015 - 08:40 pm

That's great info, many thanks. Not so bad if the car parks free, I saw on the booking form it was £50 and thought that really is taking the mickey. As you say that's in the infield. Thanks again.Chris.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users