7 replies to this topic

#1 GeneralBozo

GeneralBozo

really likes Carpe

• 92 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 21 June 2015 - 06:32 am

Hello all,
Made it to Moffat on our Scotland tour. Did the Hartside pass with rain and visibility in the nanometre range. The sun opened up as we approached Scotland! Although today's run to Inverness through the cairngorms looks to be wet.
The tdm has the wet weather splutter, never had it before, the most I could do was tape the ht leads where they touch the frame, cable tie them out the way and douse it all in wd40 (not the best but all I've got)
Nevertheless, fun times!

#2 trevini

trevini

has been here 4ever

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,777 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 21 June 2015 - 07:36 am

If you have time, be sure to do the road on the south side of Loch Ness. Stunning views and some nice twisties too.  The other route worth doing is the A835/A832 from Inverness to Loch Maree. Be sure to stop at the viewing area at the top of the hill as you approach Loch Maree.  It's slightly elevated from the road and gives you one of the best views of the Loch.  

2004 Galaxy Blue. Owned since 486 miles.Renthal 755 bars, Bagster tank cover, Oxford heated grips, DL650 hand guards, Double Bubble screen, Scorpion Rad guard, Gel pad insert, HLD undertray, Angry Badger tailtidy,  Michelin Road 5s, Givi E21s, E46 topbox, Ohlins shock and YSS cartridge emulators   Currently not fitted - PC3, Remus Revolutions.

LCErj.jpg

Putting up with the "niner" jokes since 2005
Check out http://www.hotcoldground.co.uk we're really rather good!
Like food? I feed people -  SmokinGrillGuy <p>

#3 TinTin

TinTin

has been here 4ever

• 1,296 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 21 June 2015 - 04:12 pm

The Hogwarts Express from Fort William to Mallaig is worth a ride. Not cheap but a great experience. Powerful  sod.

A diversion from the views which are all stunning in the Highlands.

Also get the cable car up the Nevis range & watch the nutters bombing down on their mountain bikes

Jeez I want to go back there :)

#4 Muppdog

Muppdog

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 05:41 pm

Go with Trevivi's tip. Southers road around the Ness. Awesome! Best in bad weathers. Keeps the biting beasties at bay a bit. So you should be ok at the moment.

Rob

#5 jono49

jono49

has been here 4ever

• 1,183 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 21 June 2015 - 09:36 pm

Something wrong with the Sat-Navs of peeps on here if their drawn to tourist destinations and the traffic that goes with them! loch Marree is a fantastic place and the roads are sublime, but to go there from Inverness has missed out so much more on the west coast it's almost criminal :punishment: what happened to "Applecross" "Torridon" "Loch Carron" and all that's above "Ullapool" why not try a bit of formation riding over the "Caolas Cumhann" bridge.....One Niner already has :good:

https://www.youtube....eature=youtu.be

Don't get confused between my personality
and my attitude. My personality is who I am,
my attitude depends on who YOU are!

Skinny people are easy to kidnap.....Stay safe and eat cake!!!!!

#6 Geordie Guy

Geordie Guy

Carpe Citizen

• 3,502 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 21 June 2015 - 09:38 pm

Just got back myself from 7 days in Scotland. we did.....

tyndrum

Syke,

Wick,

John O'Groats,

Kirkwall, ORKNEY,

Aviemore,

Tyndrum.

Weather was good at the start of the week, but pissed down for the remaining time, BLOODY COLD ! 10 degrees and howling winds made it feel like minus 5 !

As ever TDM did not miss a beat and I felt like I was enjoying motorcycling again !

Here are some pictures.

Fort WilliamDSC_2652_zpstnlwyol1.jpg

Skye ferry, hand operated turn table ????

SAM_0836_zpsq3gf89hm.jpg

SkyeDSC_2663_zpstzgs9voz.jpg

Skye at 11.30 pm

DSC_2689_zpsmzqvtkqv.jpg

Cant remember where but it was windy !!

DSC_2706-1_zps8apsxnvu.jpg

Aviemore ski centre

SAM_0860_zpseepvxzyy.jpg

Raining Tyndrum

SAM_0822_zpsj0twjds6.jpg

It was that bad we hired a shed !

SAM_0816_zpskmdrmjas.jpg

I'm a TDM SNOB !!!!     "Adventure before Dementia"  

Kawasaki GT550, XJ900 Diversion, 2002 TDM 900 , 2008 TDM 900a, 2010 TDM 900a.

#7 GeneralBozo

GeneralBozo

really likes Carpe

• 92 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 10:32 pm

Awesome. Thanks for tips. Awesome ride to Inverness today although much in torrential rain! Tdm running Ok though after my cable tie and tape fix.
Up to the north coast tomorrow then west and then down to ullapool.
Not sure how I upload photos on a phone to this forum but I'll try to do ride report proper at some point when I'm back!

#8 trevini

trevini

has been here 4ever

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 1,777 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 22 June 2015 - 05:10 am

Something wrong with the Sat-Navs of peeps on here if their drawn to tourist destinations and the traffic that goes with them! loch Marree is a fantastic place and the roads are sublime, but to go there from Inverness has missed out so much more on the west coast it's almost criminal :punishment: what happened to "Applecross" "Torridon" "Loch Carron" and all that's above "Ullapool" why not try a bit of formation riding over the "Caolas Cumhann" bridge.....One Niner already has :good:

https://www.youtube....eature=youtu.be

We did all those as well and didn't touch a sat nav all week.  To be fair, it doesn't matter which way you go, you see great scenery.

2004 Galaxy Blue. Owned since 486 miles.Renthal 755 bars, Bagster tank cover, Oxford heated grips, DL650 hand guards, Double Bubble screen, Scorpion Rad guard, Gel pad insert, HLD undertray, Angry Badger tailtidy,  Michelin Road 5s, Givi E21s, E46 topbox, Ohlins shock and YSS cartridge emulators   Currently not fitted - PC3, Remus Revolutions.

LCErj.jpg

Putting up with the "niner" jokes since 2005
Check out http://www.hotcoldground.co.uk we're really rather good!
Like food? I feed people -  SmokinGrillGuy <p>

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users