#1 Matlock

Matlock

Carpe Citizen

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,913 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 08 June 2013 - 09:32 pm

She passed again today, no advisories, just shy of 60k miles. The new MoT certificates now show the last 5 year's mileage at each MoT. Les, the garage owner, said a lot of his customers are pretty embarrassed when they see how little mileage they've done  :lol: . Last week he did a GSXR that did 9 miles last year and 140 the year before.

Oh, and Lee, he was mightily impressed with the Henty Dual Oiler  :good:

2002 TDM900 in glorious yellowNOW SOLD  :( 

2012 Honda Crosstourer VFR1200X. Hyperspeed tourer.

1990 XTZ750 in black, standard apart from Micron silencer. Mechanical restoration complete, cosmetic restoration next on the agenda.. NOW SOLD  :( 

Follow me on twitter

#2 TDMick

TDMick

TDMick

• 3,830 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 09 June 2013 - 08:34 am

She passed again today, no advisories, just shy of 60k miles. The new MoT certificates now show the last 5 year's mileage at each MoT. Les, the garage owner, said a lot of his customers are pretty embarrassed when they see how little mileage they've done  :lol: . Last week he did a GSXR that did 9 miles last year and 140 the year before.

I noticed that last week when I looked at my last few years milage  :hide:

New MOT resolution " Use bike more!" ;)

Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional
Who dies with the most toys wins!

2010 'stealth' grey 900. '14 plate. engine bars, Centre stand, datatool alarm, datatag, E22s, Cree DRLs, Barkbuster handguards, Carpe sticker. Led running lights

#3 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 09 June 2013 - 08:50 am

our TDM and Fazer passed yesserday too,    Mole was laughing oot loud as Rod the garage owner had ta weigh her and the boike fer the brake test,  luckily she no more a fatty and more of a fitty so no red faces to be seen.

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#4 TDMick

TDMick

TDMick

• 3,830 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 09:04 am

our TDM and Fazer passed yesserday too,    Mole was laughing oot loud as Rod the garage owner had ta weigh her and the boike fer the brake test,  luckily she no more a fatty and more of a fitty so no red faces to be seen.

Didn't weight me I just stood there while 'kicked the tyres' tried the lights and listened to the exhaust, then he said "Come back in 1/2 an hour".

Gave me an advisory - noisey exhaust , :good:

Edited by TDMick, 09 June 2013 - 09:04 am.

2010 'stealth' grey 900. '14 plate. engine bars, Centre stand, datatool alarm, datatag, E22s, Cree DRLs, Barkbuster handguards, Carpe sticker. Led running lights

#5 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.

Posted 09 June 2013 - 09:17 am

ditto she (Mole) always gets the noisey zorst advisory note.    he weighs every bike n' rider as he has no rolling road to do the brake test,  he then attaches a strop around the forks to which he then attaches a steel cable which in turn is attached to a force gauge thingy or what actually looks loike a large dial weighing scales,  he applies force by turning the crank handle and winding in the cable which tries to pull the bike forward,   he tries this with the rider on board with the  front brakes applied then the rear brake applied independently of each udder.

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

#6 TDMick

TDMick

TDMick

• 3,830 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 09:38 am

That's what my bloke does, with his (5 stone soaking wet) son on the bike.

#7 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 09 June 2013 - 11:19 am

This year Brain noticed that my headlights are right dip ....... So only took someone 22 years to notice!

Only 1400 miles last year all hooning round back roads wouldnt swap that for oubt ...other than more moiles hooning rooond back roads.
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#8 Pantboy

Pantboy

850 going for 900

• 890 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 09 June 2013 - 01:35 pm

Mine passed MOT on thursday, advisory on slight fluctuation of front brakes and lowish pads front and rear, about 2000 miles left according to garage bloke, done 5500 miles on it this year.

#9 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,080 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 09 June 2013 - 04:09 pm

my mot man has a thing about rusty chains and loud pipes in particular and reckons he can tell whether it will be a pass or fail based on how the chain is looked after.

I have standard pipes and a well oiled chain so he is happy. I only have one request at mot time, if anything so much as raises an eyebrow, I want to know.

Glad your mot man liked the oiler.

2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

#10 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

• 12,211 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 10:21 pm

No.7 is at 46 fousand miles now and still running the original discs all round.

#11 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 04:11 pm

Popped in for mot today. 460 moiles since the last one. Poor show. Done a few more on Dave ... Maybe, or maybe just more time spent than miles. Will mot Dave in a few days and find out.

Must ride more ...

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#12 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,391 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 25 May 2017 - 05:12 pm

MOT last Friday  - all good - conversation with the tester...

"Those lights are very bright"

"You're supposed to look at what they light up, not into them - you should know better at your age"

Tee Hee

"The indicators are very bright too" grinning....

"HID 55w Dip and 20w High plus Cree LED indicator lamps"

"Bloody good them"

"Ta"

Single-handedly reviving the Wave.

2008 reg. Black TDM 900 ABS

#13 Bjørge

Bjørge

has been here 4ever

• 1,791 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 26 May 2017 - 07:44 am

Popped in for mot today. 460 moiles since the last one. Poor show. Done a few more on Dave ... Maybe, or maybe just more time spent than miles. Will mot Dave in a few days and find out.

Must ride more ...

Who (or rather, what) is Dave ?

Bjørge

#14 hallrob1

hallrob1

has been here 4ever

• 1,098 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 26 May 2017 - 11:04 am

Didn't weight me I just stood there while 'kicked the tyres' tried the lights and listened to the exhaust, then he said "Come back in 1/2 an hour".

Gave me an advisory - noisey exhaust , :good:

I got the same advisory on mine last week - those exhausts have been through 9 MOT's now without a comment so is it something they are tightening up on? 

1999 Gilera Runner 125SP, 2002 Piaggio X9 250, 2004 Bandit 600, 2005 TDM 900, 2007 Honda CB1300S, 2008 Tiger 1050, 1996 Triumph Sprint 900, 2006 Tiger 955i, 2018 Triumph Tiger Sport,  2023 Triumph Tiger 900, XJR1300, 2011 (2009) TDM 900, 

Farkles - Laser Duo Techs, MTC Stainless Exhausts, Laser Duo Techs, Power Commander and custom map, Tenere 1200 Handguards, Yamaha Heated Grips, MRA Vario screen, SW Motech Alurack,  Givi and Hepco and Becker top boxes, Givi Engine bars, Garmin Zumo XT

#15 dmmsta

dmmsta

supporter of the "Anti-Dazzle" Club

• 3,627 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 26 May 2017 - 11:25 am

Who (or rather, what) is Dave ?

A DR400 I think...

Edit: Dave (DRZ400)

Edited by dmmsta, 26 May 2017 - 11:52 am.

MY06 TDM 900 Blue over Silver 354906_45.png
-----
Fuel Pipes
Givi Top Box
Renthal 758's
Grip Puppies
MRA Bubble
Dip & Hi HIDs

To-Do:
LED DRLs
Loobman
Powercoat Wheels
Hand Guards

-----
MY04 TDM 900 Blue over Silver Parts Bin
MY02 TDM 900 Yellow over Black RIP
post-1-1150550733.gif...post-1-1150559830.gif...copilot_zpsgezqc0xz.jpg...hids.jpg...

#16 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 01:49 pm

Edit: Dave (DRZ400)

:wifgeni:

Ear is Dave havin an indoor tanning session! http://www.carpe-tdm...-1460478572.jpg

Tried for mot today but no spaces plus my checks revealed rear ticken tocken lenses have lost their yellow (not that mot likely to notice!)...need some of that paint on parp ferret.

#17 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 26 May 2017 - 05:47 pm

Dave must be tired daps, he's lyon down..

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#18 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 03:46 pm

Dave motd today. 496 miles since last mot! Better than TDM but still pathetic! Must try harder.

#19 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 07 June 2017 - 03:52 pm

:badgerrock:  You could double yer annual mileage by coming to the G2G. :D

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#20 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 05:47 pm

I could do but no time off in July! :|

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users