Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,117 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 27 October 2022 - 05:08 pm

Lick lick. ♪┌|∵|┘♪
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#42 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 5,088 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 28 October 2022 - 01:05 pm

Don't forget that XJ fuel tank needs a proper fix. Brazing would do it
2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

#43 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,214 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 28 October 2022 - 04:54 pm

Don't forget that XJ fuel tank needs a proper fix. Brazing would do it

An opportunity for me to learn a bit about brazing. :good:

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#44 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,088 posts

Posted 28 October 2022 - 06:12 pm

Mapp gas will be your friend unless you have access to oxy acetylene.
2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

#45 IrkinBollikans

IrkinBollikans

discovering Carpe

• 12 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 28 October 2022 - 10:41 pm

Currently working on learning how to walk again, after my second ride on my tdm ended with major fractures and a new titanium rod in my left leg. Looking forward to getting it repainted and throwing knobby tires on it, once I can get back to work.

#46 Coxylaad

Coxylaad

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 31 October 2022 - 08:04 am

Currently working on learning how to walk again, after my second ride on my tdm ended with major fractures and a new titanium rod in my left leg. Looking forward to getting it repainted and throwing knobby tires on it, once I can get back to work.

WTF!

#47 Snowbird

Snowbird

Just won't go.

• 1,357 posts
  • Location:Often on another planet, but mostly south Cambs. (St.Neots)
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 31 October 2022 - 10:27 am

Ouch! Good luck with your recovery. :good:

Current toys: '99 XT600E, 2000 4TX, '82 Princess 30DS (where the username comes from), No longer a '03 Fazer thou.

Save the planet, it's the only one with beer!

#48 IrkinBollikans

IrkinBollikans

discovering Carpe

• 12 posts

Posted 02 November 2022 - 12:35 am

WTF!

Wet grass and street tires don't mix well. It's been a long five months with more to go, but I'm patiently waiting to start working on my new bike again. Plenty of work to do too. At least for a bike with only 16k miles on the clock...

Ouch! Good luck with your recovery. :good:

Thank you so much. It's going well I suppose. The boredom is the worst, besides the financial hit.

#49 Catteeclan

Catteeclan

full o shoite

• 2,440 posts

Posted 02 November 2022 - 08:20 am

Wet grass and street tires don't mix well. It's been a long five months with more to go, but I'm patiently waiting to start working on my new bike again. Plenty of work to do too. At least for a bike with only 16k miles on the clock...

Thank you so much. It's going well I suppose. The boredom is the worst, besides the financial hit.

Hope all goes well for both you and the bike. I also have had experience of wet grass but not as bad as yours.

2002 TDM900 Yellow

#50 IrkinBollikans

IrkinBollikans

discovering Carpe

• 12 posts

Posted 02 November 2022 - 04:51 pm

Hope all goes well for both you and the bike. I also have had experience of wet grass but not as bad as yours.

It's crazy that the least severe wreck I've had on a bike, caused the most damage. I've walked away from some gnarly wipeouts, but this is the first time I had to belly crawl away from one. Completely shattered tib/fib about 4" above ankle and also had a clean break just below the knee.

#51 Sphere

Sphere

really likes Carpe

• 81 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 02 November 2022 - 06:33 pm

It's crazy that the least severe wreck I've had on a bike, caused the most damage. I've walked away from some gnarly wipeouts, but this is the first time I had to belly crawl away from one. Completely shattered tib/fib about 4" above ankle and also had a clean break just below the knee.

Hope you have a speedy recovery. As we get older, we don't bounce so well.

The best thing about being old is we did all our stupid stuff before the Internet was invented, so there’s no proof.

#52 Coxylaad

Coxylaad

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 03 November 2022 - 12:36 pm

The best thing about being old is we did all our stupid stuff before the Internet was invented, so there’s no proof.

:rotflmmfao: 

#53 Catteeclan

Catteeclan

full o shoite

• 2,440 posts

Posted 05 November 2022 - 09:01 pm

Ouch, that’s gonna take some time and work. 

2002 TDM900 Yellow

#54 Coxylaad

Coxylaad

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 13 April 2023 - 09:33 am

current status:

IMG-20230219-WA0006.jpg

#55 Snowbird

Snowbird

Just won't go.

• 1,357 posts

Posted 13 April 2023 - 09:38 am

Looking good Coxylaad!

Current toys: '99 XT600E, 2000 4TX, '82 Princess 30DS (where the username comes from), No longer a '03 Fazer thou.

#56 Coxylaad

Coxylaad

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 13 April 2023 - 10:28 am

ive also started getting into 3d modelling in cad, and the plan is to 3d print a fairing for the bike. 

this is where I am up to:

image.png.4e33afdeab26534167712105cd182b

image.png.54d5ab15bc107c2a54efc2ace6e291

image.png.d0367964e562241d73ea9e9c7995d9

Im trying to create something along the lines of a cross between a Yamaha MT01 and a ducati Diavel

#57 Coxylaad

Coxylaad

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 13 April 2023 - 10:37 am

3D printing the prototype parts for the trial fit:

20230324_073842.jpg

20230402_165351.jpg.16ce398a8c8eeb059bce

starting add more detail for the airscoops 

https://youtu.be/UZSXkvuxbS8 

20230406_174302.jpg

some smart arse noted that I put the Honda wing on back to front....

#58 Catteeclan

Catteeclan

full o shoite

• 2,440 posts

Posted 13 April 2023 - 05:03 pm

Clever stuff, keep us updated please. :good:

2002 TDM900 Yellow

#59 Snowbird

Snowbird

Just won't go.

• 1,357 posts

Posted 13 April 2023 - 05:07 pm

Although I do think nuts bolts and welding would be better than masking tape for holding it all together.... :lol:

#60 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,117 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 13 April 2023 - 07:17 pm

Very clever coxy. Loikey.
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users