• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Snowbird

Snowbird

Just won't go.

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts
  • Location:Often on another planet, but mostly south Cambs. (St.Neots)
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 27 September 2020 - 08:59 pm

Me battery is buggered, what type do I need for a 2000 4TX and what is the trick to getting it out? I've not even found it yet but believe the bike is built around it.

Current toys: '99 XT600E, 2000 4TX, '82 Princess 30DS (where the username comes from), No longer a '03 Fazer thou.

Save the planet, it's the only one with beer!

#2 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,391 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 28 September 2020 - 06:53 am

http://www.carpe-tdm...ery#entry212859

Single-handedly reviving the Wave.

2008 reg. Black TDM 900 ABS

#3 Snowbird

Snowbird

Just won't go.

• 1,349 posts

Posted 28 September 2020 - 09:06 am

Ta very muchly Favs, I had a feeling it was a surgical extraction required from somewhere personal, what a daft place to put a battery!

Current toys: '99 XT600E, 2000 4TX, '82 Princess 30DS (where the username comes from), No longer a '03 Fazer thou.

#4 Snowbird

Snowbird

Just won't go.

• 1,349 posts

Posted 28 September 2020 - 11:57 am

New one coming tomorrow, £30 delivered will do me fine. :good:

#5 Snowbird

Snowbird

Just won't go.

• 1,349 posts

Posted 05 October 2020 - 06:42 pm

Now without wishing to come across as overly aggressive or racist........

Whichever slittly eyed little rice muncher decided to put a battery there has fully justified both little boy and fat man!

That's that little outburst off my chest so now I can get back with loving everthing else about my bike... :)

#6 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 06 October 2020 - 09:24 am

Now without wishing to come across as overly aggressive or racist........

Whichever slittly eyed little rice muncher decided to put a battery there has fully justified both little boy and fat man!

That's that little outburst off my chest so now I can get back with loving everthing else about my bike... :)

Oh i dunno Dave, needed to remove my battery a gazzillion times this year which entails plastics off, tank off, could be a blessing in disguise on your bike, or the lesser of 2 fookin dumbwit ideas  :um:

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#7 Snowbird

Snowbird

Just won't go.

• 1,349 posts

Posted 06 October 2020 - 09:54 am

The annoying bit is that I gave a try just before changing the battery, the bloody thing fired up straight off even with the lights on and it's been off the optimate all weekend, last week it was dead as a very dead thing with death sprinkled all over it, I'm just hoping it is the battery and not something else.
It didn't help that the hotgrips were wired direct to battery on tight cables stopping the battery box coming out without snipping the cable when the lead goes nicely under the seat for easy access.

Edited by Snowbird, 06 October 2020 - 09:54 am.

#8 MipeTDM

MipeTDM

really likes Carpe

• 92 posts
  • TDM model: 1997

Posted 06 October 2020 - 10:20 am

Just connect only the two thick wires to the battery itself. Connect everything else on top near the start relay.

#9 Snowbird

Snowbird

Just won't go.

• 1,349 posts

Posted 06 October 2020 - 10:22 am

Just connect only the two thick wires to the battery itself. Connect everything else on top near the start relay.

That is how they will be getting re-connected for sure, I was just surprised someone went to the hassle of connecting direct in the first place.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users