#1 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,275 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 18 July 2006 - 06:32 am

Anyone use them or seen and good reviews or crash tests? Tempted to get a pair of "cargo pants" as something a bit cooler in thiis weather. Had a look at some Giali ones the other day but they dind't look all that tough.

1992 Mk1, 76k miles, Hagon springs, MTC exhaust, 4½ gears Gone now :(
2009 900 abs, 42k miles, Yamaha heated grips, double bubble screen, R&G crash bungs, scottoiler, Autocom, 1500 lumen LED spotlights.

post-1-1152402501.jpgpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#2 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• 9,336 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 18 July 2006 - 10:02 am

QUOTE(ChrisG @ Tue 18th Jul 2006, 07:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anyone use them or seen and good reviews or crash tests? Tempted to get a pair of "cargo pants" as something a bit cooler in thiis weather. Had a look at some Giali ones the other day but they dind't look all that tough.

i'm wearing a pair now. smile.gif
not had an off in them, but they are very comfy and they are no warmer than a standard pair of heavy jeans.
they do seem to offer a little more wind protection when wet than normal denim.

I've got the standard black jeans type, but next time i'm at M&P i'll be buying a pair of the cargo style ones.

the advice I got from the draggin jeans guy was to try and get them a bit a bit tighter than you would for a normal pair so they dont slip round if you come off.
you'll find the bottom of the legs much baggier than with a normal pair of jeans as they are designed to take your boots under them.

remember tho, that they only provide protection from gravel rash, there is virtually no impact protection.
because of this i only use them for local riding and never if i'm going for a 'scratch'.
they are simply a compremise between full leathers and standard denim good.gif

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#3 tdm850rider

tdm850rider

Carpe Citizen

• 6,103 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 18 July 2006 - 10:25 am

There is/was a tv commercial here for draggin' jeans.
The Inventor was being dragged on his A$$ by a moto down a paved road. (asphalt.tarmac)

Either he was a masochist or they worked.
Posted Image

Always tell the truth, it will gratify some of the people and astonish the rest. (Mark Twain)
£

Stebel Nautilus air-horn, Corbin seat, MRA Touring screen, single Delkevic silencer.
"I see by your outfit that you are a spaceman"(MkI (3VD) TDM Review)
Hints for using Carpe-TDM. (photo's, links, etc).

#4 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

• 9,336 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 10:47 am

QUOTE(tdm850rider @ Tue 18th Jul 2006, 11:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The Inventor was being dragged on his A$$ by a moto down a paved road. (asphalt.tarmac)

if you go to the draggin website there is a video of the inventor(EDIT: its not the inventor in this vid, but you can see the photos on the US site) being dragged along on his ass by a dragster.
http://www.dragginje...sting/index.htm

i'm gonna get a draggin shirt at some point too. good.gif

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#5 AL-58

AL-58

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 18 July 2006 - 11:53 am

Keep buying them guys, good Aussie prodect there.

I've got some Black cargos, want to get the urban camo jeans next as my other lined jeans are just about knackered, they are Redmax brand, another local lot. Good for riding in summer when leathers are just too uncomfortable. Havent hit the road in them either.

Al

tdm850-spike.jpgtdm900-kosciuszko-05.jpg

#6 Mitch

Mitch

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 19 July 2006 - 05:32 am

I have a pair of Hood Jeans, made in Norfolk. They have a web site, but I can't remember it.

Honda SS50

Honda CG125

Honda 250 Super Drean

Honda 751F1

Honda CX500

Kawasaki Z750E

TDM 900

PRP exhaust, Scottoiler touring, Yamaha Heated grips, Givi top box & panniers, Garmin, MRA Vario screen, fenda extenda, BMW hand guards. Nippy Normans bar risers. 'Nitram Special' parking light. Starcom. Hagon progressive fork springs. Hagon Monoshock with Remote Adjuster. SW-Motech mirror extenders.GIVI Engine Protectors.

BMW K1200LT (2000)

Nothing to add, has it all. :)

Kawasaki Z750E (1981)

In bits. :huh:

#7 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 06:04 am

QUOTE(avonne @ Wed 19th Jul 2006, 06:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have a pair of Hood Jeans, made in Norfolk. They have a web site, but I can't remember it.

Thanks for the tip - looks good: will browse their site (Hood Jeans) later when I get home

Edited by Pict, 19 July 2006 - 06:04 am.

Dinotrike.jpg "It's a TDM, Jim, but not as we know it"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAHmEWim3to

Diamond black TDM 900A TRIKE, 2006 ABS model converted by Trike Design (Caerphilly, South Wales) prior to first registration in March 2007.

#8 laughin in a windstorm

laughin in a windstorm

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts
  • TDM model: none yet

Posted 19 July 2006 - 06:23 am

I use TESCO's jeans, they're guaranteed HARLEY DAVIDSON and BMW proof, neither of these makes of bikes riders have acknowledged me while I've been wearing these jeans on my bike.
it's not my time to go, it's not my time to die
the last thing I want is for my family to cry

#9 Big Bird

Big Bird

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 19 July 2006 - 07:05 am

QUOTE(ChrisG @ Tue 18th Jul 2006, 04:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anyone use them or seen and good reviews or crash tests? Tempted to get a pair of "cargo pants" as something a bit cooler in thiis weather.

I wub.gif luurve wub.gif my Draggin Jeans.
The denim is cool on a hot day, while the kevlar lining provides a bit of extra warmth on a cool day. I have, however, developed a bit of an allergic reaction to the kevlar lining, but this only develops if I wear the jeans all day for 3 or 4 days in a row while on tour in summer. I have to wear bike shorts underneath them now so I don't get itchy and scratchy.

#10 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

• 9,336 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 09:34 am

QUOTE(Big Bird @ Wed 19th Jul 2006, 07:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The denim is cool on a hot day, while the kevlar lining provides a bit of extra warmth on a cool day. I have, however, developed a bit of an allergic reaction to the kevlar lining, but this only develops if I wear the jeans all day for 3 or 4 days in a row while on tour in summer. I have to wear bike shorts underneath them now so I don't get itchy and scratchy.

they've started doing a skinny fit (tight wub.gif rolleyes.gif ) for ladies, its jeans&matching jacket.
the bird who designed them for draggin has won a top fashion award for them.
cant be bad! good.gif

My TDM :

#11 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• 8,275 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 04:43 pm

QUOTE(Toneski @ Tue 18th Jul 2006, 10:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've got the standard black jeans type, but next time i'm at M&P i'll be buying a pair of the cargo style ones.

Bykebitz in Yateley are doing free knee armour with them at the moment, and the same price as M&P. I'm very tempted by the zip off cargo pants. Just stopped in Infinity on the way home and had a look at a pair, they definatly look a lot heavier duty than the Giali ones.

2009 900 abs, 42k miles, Yamaha heated grips, double bubble screen, R&G crash bungs, scottoiler, Autocom, 1500 lumen LED spotlights.

#12 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 05:22 am

Could do some serious damage to the twiddly bits, from the evidence I've seen on the Simpsons? smile.gif

Edited by Pict, 20 July 2006 - 05:23 am.

Dinotrike.jpg "It's a TDM, Jim, but not as we know it"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAHmEWim3to

Diamond black TDM 900A TRIKE, 2006 ABS model converted by Trike Design (Caerphilly, South Wales) prior to first registration in March 2007.

#13 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 20 July 2006 - 11:23 am

aye ya can't beat a bit of scratch n' sniff yeahyeahyeah.gif

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#14 Mikey B

Mikey B

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 07:54 pm

Just ordered myself a pair of Hood Jeans. £75.50 delivered.

#15 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• 8,275 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 05:41 pm

I just picked up a pair of draggin zipoffs, with knee armour, for £99. I like the fact that I can unzip them and wear them as shorts when I get to wherever I'm going.

#16 Guinness

Guinness

has been here 4ever

• 1,657 posts
  • TDM model: 2005

Posted 22 July 2006 - 10:59 am

QUOTE(ChrisG @ Fri 21st Jul 2006, 06:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just picked up a pair of draggin zipoffs, with knee armour, for £99. I like the fact that I can unzip them and wear them as shorts when I get to wherever I'm going.

now thats really handy!! wish i had that on the rtt ... wouldnt be dropping me pants everywhere

Ps: i were pushbike, lycra shorts underneath
I'm an insomniac agnostic dyslexic. I lay awake at night and wonder if there really is a dog.

yamaha : xv535/92-92 | red TDM850/92-05 | silver TDM900A/05-

get them here

#17 Cavey

Cavey

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 22 July 2006 - 11:32 am

I don't know if they're still available but I've got a pair of Shoshoni jeans. They are double layered, very heavy denim with armour in the knees and hips. I seem to remember that they were around £40 (but that was about 10 years ago!) I did have an off in them on my CBR6, several years ago so there's a bit of wear but they protected me well! I haven't worn them for ages actually - in fact I forgot all about them, until I read this thread................must dig them out......... good.gif
It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got.

#18 Buzz

Buzz

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 25 July 2006 - 01:34 pm

QUOTE(tdm850rider @ Tue 18th Jul 2006, 11:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There was a Canadian Guy used to demonstrate bomb disposal suits by detonating 1/2 kg of high explosive 5 metres away while he was wearing it istupid.gif , that suits full of kevlar too, and some strange brown stuff

Edited by Buzz, 25 July 2006 - 01:36 pm.

NOSTALGIA IS NOT WHAT IT USED TO BE

#19 tdm850rider

tdm850rider

Carpe Citizen

• 6,103 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 25 July 2006 - 08:40 pm

If you can get them (try an 'outdoors' shop) silk long underwear is excellent.
Warm in the cold, cool in the heat, and will not absorb perspiration odor.
Fast washout in the evening and they dry very fast.
Posted Image

Always tell the truth, it will gratify some of the people and astonish the rest. (Mark Twain)
£

Stebel Nautilus air-horn, Corbin seat, MRA Touring screen, single Delkevic silencer.
"I see by your outfit that you are a spaceman"(MkI (3VD) TDM Review)
Hints for using Carpe-TDM. (photo's, links, etc).

#20 Buzz

Buzz

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 26 July 2006 - 08:44 am

I do have a thing about silk underwear yeahyeahyeah.gif
NOSTALGIA IS NOT WHAT IT USED TO BE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users