#1 carl

carl

Carpe Regular

• Members
  • Pip
  • 104 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 29 May 2006 - 04:59 pm

been on local news on teletxt and over this weekend 3 people have been killed on mini motorbikes,was only a matter of time really theres loads of young lads and girls as young as 8 yrs old riding around on them everyday near me goin to shops using them as if they was bmx,s ,how can parents be so stupid to let these kids ride around on them how can they care about there kids ??

#2 Guest_Emmett_*

Guest_Emmett_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 May 2006 - 05:56 pm

QUOTE(carl @ Mon 29th May 2006, 05:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
been on local news on teletxt and over this weekend 3 people have been killed on mini motorbikes,was only a matter of time really theres loads of young lads and girls as young as 8 yrs old riding around on them everyday near me goin to shops using them as if they was bmx,s ,how can parents be so stupid to let these kids ride around on them how can they care about there kids ??

It seems we finally agree Carl, I saw a young lad about ten drive straight through a red light on a main road with no helmet, it's only a matter of time before he's gonna be hurt seriously, or worse.

#3 darcym

darcym

Carpe fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 188 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 29 May 2006 - 06:24 pm

Couple of teens in the 'hood go up and down my street on a mini bike - 35 to 40 mph no helmet no gear at all. They even had a teen girl on the back once in tiny shorts and tank top. (of course, I was 13 on the back of a friends mini bike once too ... )

Actually, the worst was when they had the guy on the skateboard towing off the back... been a couple deaths from those kinds of shenanigans around here too. Only saving grace is these streets are pretty far off the main drag, so other traffic not usually a problem.
1992 TDM 850, RED
Corbin seat, Kerker pipes, Givi top case.
DMPHOTOSD.com

#4 slimjim

slimjim

enuff posts to fill a 50cc

• 62 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 06:52 pm

In Dundee the police take them off you and parents collect after 14 days if spotter again they keep them and charge them with every thing they can No insurance , tax , not fit for highway use .No number plate etc . It does seem to work there arnt many going about any more .

#5 GrahamI

GrahamI

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 29 May 2006 - 07:03 pm

It's great isn't it, get a bike, get a licence, get the right gear and the police will take great pleasure in doing you for small number plate or loud exhaust - however, buy an illegal bike, give it to a kid, no tax/insurance/licence/training etc etc and the police will take it off them for 2 weeks - they should be taken off them and crushed, they are illegal and shouldn't be on the road, end of....grrrr

I have no problem with kids having these bikes - in the right environment where they can learn to ride them without dangering themsselves and others, it is the ones who ride on the street that annoy me

Sorry, will get off me soapbox now.... tongue.gif

Graham

Blue 2003 900 on 04 plate, Kappa Wingrack and side cases, Givi Maxia top box, Renthal 755 bars, Oxford heated grips, KTM handguards, centre stand, fender extender, Scottoiler Touring, 12volt socket

#6 ROB1

ROB1

Knight of Postsalot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 29 May 2006 - 07:19 pm

QUOTE(GrahamI @ Mon 29th May 2006, 09:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's great isn't it, get a bike, get a licence, get the right gear and the police will take great pleasure in doing you for small number plate or loud exhaust - however, buy an illegal bike, give it to a kid, no tax/insurance/licence/training etc etc and the police will take it off them for 2 weeks - they should be taken off them and crushed, they are illegal and shouldn't be on the road, end of....grrrr

I have no problem with kids having these bikes - in the right environment where they can learn to ride them without dangering themsselves and others, it is the ones who ride on the street that annoy me

Sorry, will get off me soapbox now.... tongue.gif

i dont think u r on your soap box. you are only saying what a lot of other people are thinking.ill leave it there cos it pisses me right off..

#7 Nosaj

Nosaj

Carpe junky

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • TDM model: 2005

Posted 30 May 2006 - 09:52 am

Once that hood goes up theres an invisible force field that goes around the bike, they know they cant get hurt round by us theres a quad bike track just opened but i think its about £30 quid a go, no yoof is going to pay that when they know theres hardly any plods on patrol

#8 stu

stu

full o shoite

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 30 May 2006 - 03:53 pm

QUOTE(slimjim @ Mon 29th May 2006, 07:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In Dundee the police take them off you and parents collect after 14 days if spotter again they keep them and charge them with every thing they can No insurance , tax , not fit for highway use .No number plate etc . It does seem to work there arnt many going about any more .

Yeah, but no, but yeah, but .... in Dundee you've got a lot of Cake, aintcha?, which may have some effect

Brass Eye aroused considerable controversy when it was first broadcast, primarily because prominent public figures were fooled into pledging onscreen support for fictional, and often plainly absurd, charities and causes.

The second episode was called "Drugs", and is considered by many to be the most successful of the series. In the opening scene, a voiceover tells viewers that there are so many drugs on the streets of Britain, "not even the dealers know them all".

David Amess, the Conservative Member of Parliament for Basildon, was fooled into filming an elaborate video warning against the dangers of a fictional Eastern European drug called Cake, and went as far as to ask a question about it in Parliament [1]. The drug purportedly affected an area of the brain called "Shatner's Bassoon" and was frequently referred to as "a made-up drug". Other celebrities such as Sir Bernard Ingham, Noel Edmonds and Rolf Harris were shown holding the bright-yellow cake-sized pill as they talked, with Bernard Manning telling viewers that "One kiddy on Cake, cried all the water out of his body. Just imagine how his mother felt. It's a fucking disgrace." and that "...you can puke yourself to death on this stuff - one girl threw up her own pelvis-bone. What a fucking disgrace."

Stu

#9 Readmarx

Readmarx

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 05:11 pm

Darcym? Do you have any footage of the teen girl in tiny shorts/top on the minimoto please yeahyeahyeah.gif
mother nature rides a biker

#10 SteveGlover

SteveGlover

850 going for 900

• 857 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 06:38 pm

QUOTE(Readmarx @ Tue 30th May 2006, 05:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Darcym? Do you have any footage of the teen girl in tiny shorts/top on the minimoto please yeahyeahyeah.gif

Think you need a cold shower.

#11 darcym

darcym

Carpe fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 188 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 12:57 am

sit down dog before you hurt yerself ... jail bait, Marx!
1992 TDM 850, RED
Corbin seat, Kerker pipes, Givi top case.
DMPHOTOSD.com

#12 Guinness

Guinness

has been here 4ever

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 1,657 posts
  • TDM model: 2005

Posted 01 June 2006 - 11:46 am

QUOTE(GrahamI @ Mon 29th May 2006, 07:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's great isn't it, get a bike, get a licence, get the right gear and the police will take great pleasure in doing you for small number plate or loud exhaust - however, buy an illegal bike, give it to a kid, no tax/insurance/licence/training etc etc and the police will take it off them for 2 weeks -//-

thats usually how it goes...

what happens if one of em crashes into your car, or worse, while you are on yer bike?
who's gonna pay for that?
I'm an insomniac agnostic dyslexic. I lay awake at night and wonder if there really is a dog.

yamaha : xv535/92-92 | red TDM850/92-05 | silver TDM900A/05-

get them here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users