#1 BarneyS

BarneyS

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 260 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 24 January 2020 - 01:38 pm

Hi All,

I know I'm not a proper member at the moment but you have always been a helpful bunch and who knows what the future will bring......

I have just done the MCN insurance price comparison jobbie and MCE have come up miles cheaper than anyone else, like half the price of the big boys. No Ride any bike opportunities but breakdown included.

However, trust pilot reviews are pretty challenging and those that are bad are really bad. By page 6 I couldn't find anyone who had claimed and had a good experience, though plenty of non claimers were happy.

Anyone here with any experience?

Cheers all, Barney.

PS, why did Carol Nash take all my details, make me fill in all the forms and then not let me have the price without calling her?

Edited by Epirb, 24 January 2020 - 03:14 pm.

It went E,S,E,S,A

#2 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 24 January 2020 - 02:10 pm

Hello. :)

Might be a challenge finding positive reviews of peeps making an insurance claim, nature of the beast an' all that.  I'm guessing most ins. companies are geared up more for taking yer wonga than they are for dealing with claims.  Never had insurance from MCE so can't really comment on them.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#3 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 24 January 2020 - 02:41 pm

You will always be a proper member EP. :0)
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#4 AliG

AliG

has been here 4ever

• 1,444 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 24 January 2020 - 02:59 pm

I moved my Black TDM to MCN last September. Got a really good quote, way better than the Bennetts renewal. Just got the renewal for my Himalayan from Bennetts and yes, they have bumped it up, so moving that too. Renewal for the other bike is due in April and if they are true to form, then that will go elsewhere too. I just don't get the model that these guys use. That's 3 bikes they will have lost. Presumably, more people are joining than they are losing. I now have absolutely zero customer loyalty, just like them. The comparison sites even remember your details, so you just have to update if you have been naughty or have claimed.

2004 900 - Blue with lots of goodies

2012 900 - Still adding shiny bits. Was black, changed to white and now back to black again.

#5 BarneyS

BarneyS

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 24 January 2020 - 03:14 pm

I moved my Black TDM to MCN last September.

Hi Mate,

MCN or MCE?

You will always be a proper member EP. :0)

Some say.....

Hello. :)

Might be a challenge finding positive reviews of peeps making an insurance claim, nature of the beast an' all that.  I'm guessing most ins. companies are geared up more for taking yer wonga than they are for dealing with claims.  Never had insurance from MCE so can't really comment on them.

Hi mate, yes, I guess the thing is is that they aren't actually an insurance company unless they have some appetite for giving the cash back as well as taking it!

Thing is that some of the trust pilot reviews are pretty shabby, in fact some suggesting that they are scammers... https://uk.trustpilo...ceinsurance.com

It went E,S,E,S,A

#6 PICARD

PICARD

has been here 4ever

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 1,741 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 24 January 2020 - 04:38 pm

Only good tale of insurance is my mate had his bike stolen (in liverpool, would you believe it??)..and Hastings paid up quickly and fully, much to said friends delight. I'm now with them, but won't hold my breath if it comes to claim time. It's just a legal requirement now for me...take your pick! Good luck btw!
Lock onto my co-ordinates and beam me up !!

04 900 - 92 mk 1 - r 1150 rs - Z550 A1 - 2x bonnies - plastic slug -XL185 - ...not in that order !! (and one or two i don't want / dare to own up to !!)

#7 TKH

TKH

full o shoite

• 2,199 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 24 January 2020 - 10:05 pm

I was with Hastings but since my TDM is now a repaired write off they don't want to insure it. But, they paid up promptly. 

#8 Robodene

Robodene

Robodene

• 1,508 posts

Posted 25 January 2020 - 11:10 am

I was with Hastings but since my TDM is now a repaired write off they don't want to insure it. But, they paid up promptly.

What a disfunctonal industry. What if none wanted to insure your bike? You have got to have cover....! (I must leave it there or I will get cross and more grumpy again :)
1940s Ariel 350 (ex-military) Khaki > Black & White '56' Kymco Venox 250 Metallic Grey '56' TDM 900/A (ABS) Silver[b] '56' Yamaha MT-03 White <p>[b] '14' Yamaha MT-07 Matt Grey[b] '17' Honda Rebel 500 

#9 TKH

TKH

full o shoite

• 2,199 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 25 January 2020 - 02:31 pm

What a disfunctonal industry. What if none wanted to insure your bike? You have got to have cover....! (I must leave it there or I will get cross and more grumpy again :)

I have been able to get quotes elsewhere, but I know what you mean. I had been reasonably happy with Hastings except on the two occasions where they lost all records of the extras I had on my bike!! and of course the annual phone call the get the renewal price back down.

#10 BarneyS

BarneyS

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 25 January 2020 - 09:17 pm

Cheers for all the input, but just to confirm, is anyone insured with or have any experience of MCE? Www.mceinsurance.com

Cheers all, happy Saturday!
It went E,S,E,S,A

#11 Robodene

Robodene

Robodene

• 1,508 posts

Posted 25 January 2020 - 10:05 pm

Not many answers for you here! I was with them years ago but got fed up with being repeatedly sent into "how wonderful we are" recordings (at my cost). Pathetic, I know; and that's no help to you either.
1940s Ariel 350 (ex-military) Khaki > Black & White '56' Kymco Venox 250 Metallic Grey '56' TDM 900/A (ABS) Silver[b] '56' Yamaha MT-03 White <p>[b] '14' Yamaha MT-07 Matt Grey[b] '17' Honda Rebel 500 

#12 chrisr

chrisr

has been here 4ever

• 1,745 posts

Posted 26 January 2020 - 12:49 am

I am insured with them at the moment, and they are the only reasonable quote for renewal next month, everyone else has quoted stupid prices, don’t know why, 10 years ncb. McKenzie Hodgson wanted over 500 quid, and a lot of others much more than the £178 MCE have quoted, although even they have a £1075 compulsory excess! Don’t know what’s going on. I know that it’ll be a fight to get any thing decent out of any of them should something happen so as Picard says it’s just a matter of getting it so I can ride legally. On the Compare the Market site I only got three companies willing to quote, used to get loads.

The Blue One : 2004 model owned 2010-2018 much loved, much missed and now living with a man in Scotland
The Black One : 2010 Model Registered 2013 owned 2018 - present.Beowulf Cans. Renthal 755s Grip Puppies,15w fork oil,DL650 handguards,givi engine bars,led spotlights,gipro gear indicator,shortened dogbones,LeeHenty CSM kit and stainless bits,Topsellerie seat,MRA Xcreen,grip puppies.PC III (dynoed). K&N airfilter,Fenda extenda.

#13 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 26 January 2020 - 10:16 am

Well obviously Chris your telling half a story, you must have been a hooligan and collected a whole bunch of points :)

That does not sound promising, what the fook is going on, i find that a little unsettling as i've been uninsured awhile now and will need to go through the process to put me bike back on the road later this year, not looking forward to that.

I was also with MCE previously for the same reasons you quote, surely that compulsory excess is a tipo !!

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#14 PICARD

PICARD

has been here 4ever

• 1,741 posts

Posted 26 January 2020 - 11:42 am

Agreed. My fully comp quote was a whopping £77 this year. Surbiton must be the new Liverpool!

04 900 - 92 mk 1 - r 1150 rs - Z550 A1 - 2x bonnies - plastic slug -XL185 - ...not in that order !! (and one or two i don't want / dare to own up to !!)

#15 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 26 January 2020 - 12:59 pm

Agreed. My fully comp quote was a whopping £77 this year. Surbiton must be the new Liverpool!

:lol: posh git....

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#16 PICARD

PICARD

has been here 4ever

• 1,741 posts

Posted 26 January 2020 - 01:22 pm

:lol: posh git....

Fished in !!

#17 BarneyS

BarneyS

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 26 January 2020 - 07:04 pm

Ah well, shook some information out in the end!

Thanks guys, moral of the story is don't take a break from biking and end up with 0 no claims. Oh, and don't drive your jeep into the back of a small citroen at the roundabout, that cocks things up too...

:) 

It went E,S,E,S,A

#18 chrisr

chrisr

has been here 4ever

• 1,745 posts

Posted 26 January 2020 - 08:31 pm

Getting the newer tdm was the start of it Cliff, plus the “admin” charge to change it over (even though the reg no stayed the same!) Then last year it was £158, this year £178. No points. Next lowest £230 then upwards from there. They don’t even lower it if you phone up any more. Carole Nash doubled my premium and tripled the excess, when I phoned them they said “Yes, that’s right” “No it isn’t, goodbye”, that’s why I went to MCE.

The Blue One : 2004 model owned 2010-2018 much loved, much missed and now living with a man in Scotland
The Black One : 2010 Model Registered 2013 owned 2018 - present.Beowulf Cans. Renthal 755s Grip Puppies,15w fork oil,DL650 handguards,givi engine bars,led spotlights,gipro gear indicator,shortened dogbones,LeeHenty CSM kit and stainless bits,Topsellerie seat,MRA Xcreen,grip puppies.PC III (dynoed). K&N airfilter,Fenda extenda.

#19 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 26 January 2020 - 10:22 pm

Getting the newer tdm was the start of it Cliff, plus the “admin” charge to change it over (even though the reg no stayed the same!) Then last year it was £158, this year £178. No points. Next lowest £230 then upwards from there. They don’t even lower it if you phone up any more. Carole Nash doubled my premium and tripled the excess, when I phoned them they said “Yes, that’s right” “No it isn’t, goodbye”, that’s why I went to MCE.

Oh well maybe i'll just admire the bike from me window or buy a trailer to take it for a ride, might be cheaper eh, and CN are robbing bastards, would only get my custom as a last resort.. have to check how long till i'm back at 0 no claims..

#20 ramo

ramo

has been here 4ever

• 1,176 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 27 January 2020 - 09:26 am

I am with Biksure for the TDM £127, 2007 bike fully comp with mod's declared

and I am no angel lol

mind you I am 110 years old

0 user(s) are reading this topic