#1 stu

stu

full o shoite

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 10 July 2006 - 01:51 pm

Finally got over the fact that I couldn't get to the RTT, then I checked Gazmans pics, and I was inconsolable all over again. sad.gif

I bought insurance from Bennetts online (great price! Ha!) on the 21 June so I'd be covered for the next weekend, when I was visiting UK and would be able to get road tax etc sorted (need insurance cert to get tax, can't use faxed copy).
Cert hadn't arrived in time, I thought it was stuck in the post, so left cash with me ma to sort out during week before RTT.

I rang Bennetts on Thursday before leaving home for airport, just to confirm it was Post Office ferkerp, to be told it hadn't been dispatched. ranting.gif
Was promised it would be sent guaranteed next-day delivery. This would mean a late departure and solo ride up to the Lakes, but at least I would be there.
Nothing arrived.
I rang several times to be told it was on it's way.
Finally at around 4 pm was told it had been sent regular mail (and second class at that.)
The BEST I was likely to salvage out of that, if I waited until Saturday to see if the mail brought the cert, would be a solo ride north for 6 hours, arriving after you'd all been toodling around the waterholes, and overnight in a tent, followed by a solo ride sarf the following day, to catch a flight home on Monday. More masochism than I wanted at that point.

So I cancelled the insurance, and spent weekend with ageing relatives, drinking copiously.

Which was similar in many ways to being in the Lakes with you lot rotflmmfao.gif

Stu

#2 Dave in Thailand

Dave in Thailand

Carpe fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 182 posts
  • TDM model: 1997

Posted 10 July 2006 - 02:08 pm

Yep, all that happened to me, too, AND it was the wife's birffday. So my excuse is better tongue.gif

#3 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 10 July 2006 - 07:26 pm

QUOTE(stu @ Mon 10th Jul 2006, 02:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Finally got over the fact that I couldn't get to the RTT, then I checked Gazmans pics, and I was inconsolable all over again. sad.gif

I bought insurance from Bennetts online (great price! Ha!) on the 21 June so I'd be covered for the next weekend, when I was visiting UK and would be able to get road tax etc sorted (need insurance cert to get tax, can't use faxed copy).
Cert hadn't arrived in time, I thought it was stuck in the post, so left cash with me ma to sort out during week before RTT.

I rang Bennetts on Thursday before leaving home for airport, just to confirm it was Post Office ferkerp, to be told it hadn't been dispatched. ranting.gif
Was promised it would be sent guaranteed next-day delivery. This would mean a late departure and solo ride up to the Lakes, but at least I would be there.
Nothing arrived.
I rang several times to be told it was on it's way.
Finally at around 4 pm was told it had been sent regular mail (and second class at that.)
The BEST I was likely to salvage out of that, if I waited until Saturday to see if the mail brought the cert, would be a solo ride north for 6 hours, arriving after you'd all been toodling around the waterholes, and overnight in a tent, followed by a solo ride sarf the following day, to catch a flight home on Monday. More masochism than I wanted at that point.

So I cancelled the insurance, and spent weekend with ageing relatives, drinking copiously.
Which was similar in many ways to being in the Lakes with you lot rotflmmfao.gif

wait till AE see's ya.....

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users