Guinness

has been here 4ever

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,657 posts
  • TDM model: 2005

Posted 16 July 2007 - 05:25 pm

once more a successfull RTT... good.gif

good B&B !! nothing "fancy schmansy" but nearly everything you need as a bike is there. the workshop is priceless and so is the game room.
RUSTIC was the term used and it suits it well. unclutter that attic and its the top.
loved the wooden beems and the lay out. great fun, just some banter with the lads before you knod off. and then starting the morning with the same banter.
tall roof, so the farts can go high up

just that steep staircase... well half the house was warped tongue.gif which was one of its charmes, and the DIY plumbing in the attic bathroom. just made it feel like home, you know. dont have to worry about running around in yer biker boots or worrying about knocking over some Ming vase or whatever. very TDMish! Im sure a BMW or Goldwing club could be bit snooty about this.

THE GAME ROOM :
brilliant yahoo.gif ! meeting with other guests, having a drink, we've had the silliest of "serious" discussions there... good fun.
just that selection of beers... fizzy, fizzier or fizziest dry.gif but didnt stop me from getting pished.
a crate of belgian's finest would just be too heavy in the top box... dont you think?
the "library" .. oh my god... amazing...
im going back there with some biker friends. told them about the bnb, the local routes and scenery and they we're ready to go :-)
Stefan asked :"next week" rolleyes.gif .. alltho, still cant believe he didnt return home to work on sunday...

Andre and Marie are MORE then reasonable and very helpfull.
Just ask!
Andre lives for biking and the B&B is his hobby :-)
all very homely ! allthough, Toneski, i think he's gonna charge you for the next repairs tongue.gif

excellent ! one pub, small village. nothing much to do
which means the game room is PERFECT. no need to ride out to get a drink. we all stay together, no hassle with the locals or the police.
with a bigger town (Nastatten) nearby for fuel and whatever you need.
the roads are great. had some GREAT fun and then some more... loaded up my satnav with favorites.
the evening walk to the bistro in the nearby village of Bogel and the walk back was just what the doctor ordered and it was always a fun walk/hobble back down snailgraveyard.
great food at the bistro, great folk as well. (they didnt serve escargots... tho i doubt anyone would try that)

some peeps left earlier then foreseen or changed venue halfway thru but thats the RTT, free to come and go, do whatever and whenever you feel like.
FREEDOM good.gif to have fun your way
which also showed on the ride outs. slower riders going off on their own, doing their thing, no string attached. everybody making the most of it in their own style or we made sure we waited when changing direction... went well. apart from loosing acking toneski to a lollypop lady :-)
after a day or two we also came up with a hand signal so the fast boys could unleash their full potential for a couple of kilometers yahoo.gif .. me doing the signalling and them the unleashing btw

all in all

THANKS EVERYBODY FOR A GREAT RTT07

im a happy chappy :-)
I'm an insomniac agnostic dyslexic. I lay awake at night and wonder if there really is a dog.

yamaha : xv535/92-92 | red TDM850/92-05 | silver TDM900A/05-

get them here

#2 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 16 July 2007 - 06:13 pm

QUOTE(Guinness @ Mon 16th Jul 2007, 06:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
THANKS EVERYBODY FOR A GREAT RTT07

Did Ralf or any other German friends make it?

Any thoughts / discussion re. 08?

Dinotrike.jpg "It's a TDM, Jim, but not as we know it"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAHmEWim3to

Diamond black TDM 900A TRIKE, 2006 ABS model converted by Trike Design (Caerphilly, South Wales) prior to first registration in March 2007.

#3 Guinness

Guinness

has been here 4ever

• 1,657 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 06:54 pm

yup; Erdferkel showed up at 9AM on sunday.
we only rode off at noon? 1AM ? sorry.gif and had a bit of an eventfull ride out...
but Erd was very cool about it... if you have to carry a small library documenting every little modification on your bike i guess you can cope with alot of sillyness :-)

RTT08 ... yes ... Cornwall ... mroe about that later... im still enjoying RTT07 :-)
I'm an insomniac agnostic dyslexic. I lay awake at night and wonder if there really is a dog.

get them here

#4 Hartside Man

Hartside Man

Old Moaning Git !!

• RTT manager(RTT)
  • 3,247 posts
  • Location:On Hartside more often than not ! But Live in Carlisle UK
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 16 July 2007 - 09:41 pm

QUOTE(Guinness @ Mon 16th Jul 2007, 06:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yup; Erdferkel showed up at 9AM on sunday.
we only rode off at noon? 1AM ? sorry.gif and had a bit of an eventfull ride out...
but Erd was very cool about it... if you have to carry a small library documenting every little modification on your bike i guess you can cope with alot of sillyness :-)
RTT08 ... yes ... Cornwall ... mroe about that later... im still enjoying RTT07 :-)

CORNWALL ? Blooming CORNWALL ! what's there except sheep and moors rotflmmfao.gif (ohh and i forgot Irishmen pretending to be Cornwallians) yeahyeahyeah.gif rotflmmfao.gif

(only kidding cool.gif can we time it for the garden of eden nudist day banana.gif )

QUOTE(Guinness @ Mon 16th Jul 2007, 05:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
im going back there with some biker friends. told them about the bnb, the local routes and scenery and they we're ready to go :-)
Stefan asked :"next week" rolleyes.gif .. alltho, still cant believe he didnt return home to work on sunday...

Can you time it for sometime early September so i can see what i missed blink.gif or i quite fancy a run around then to see the hartz mountain region good.gif

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I have a Ghost S and i'm not afraid to use it !

A Beast in Orange Called KaTie eM 

"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul".

"So you just ride somewhere, eat cake and then ride back".

"Normal people believe that if it ain't broken, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broken, it doesn't have enough features yet."

" I We're Ridin so Fast , I we're sucking Rabbits from the Hedges "   {Guy Martin}

#5 Spongey

Spongey

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 09:49 pm

QUOTE(Hartside Man @ Mon 16th Jul 2007, 10:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
CORNWALL ? Blooming CORNWALL ! what's there except sheep and moors rotflmmfao.gif (ohh and i forgot Irishmen pretending to be Cornwallians) yeahyeahyeah.gif rotflmmfao.gif
(only kidding cool.gif can we time it for the garden of eden nudist day banana.gif )
Can you time it for sometime early September so i can see what i missed blink.gif or i quite fancy a run around then to see the hartz mountain region good.gif

Close but no cigar; our man is pretending to be a Devonian!

#6 Hartside Man

Hartside Man

Old Moaning Git !!

• RTT manager(RTT)
  • 3,247 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 09:51 pm

QUOTE(Spongey @ Mon 16th Jul 2007, 09:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Doh istupid.gif

"Normal people believe that if it ain't broken, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broken, it doesn't have enough features yet."

" I We're Ridin so Fast , I we're sucking Rabbits from the Hedges "   {Guy Martin}

#7 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 16 July 2007 - 10:07 pm

QUOTE(Spongey @ Mon 16th Jul 2007, 10:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Devon's probably a better base (not so far to travel, either, for immigrant grockles), while still allowing excursions into Cornwall?

Dinotrike.jpg "It's a TDM, Jim, but not as we know it"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAHmEWim3to

Diamond black TDM 900A TRIKE, 2006 ABS model converted by Trike Design (Caerphilly, South Wales) prior to first registration in March 2007.

#8 jht

jht

has been here 4ever

• 1,769 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 17 July 2007 - 08:07 am

Cornwall......

in the summer.....

?????????????????????

given the number of tourist, pensioners in cars, small roads lanes etc

will RTT08 rideouts be some kinda slow moving hazard course?

or an attempt to be pc and reduce the overall group speed , thus reducing our combined carbon foot print??

huh.gif rolleyes.gif rotflmmfao.gif

Edited by jht, 17 July 2007 - 08:08 am.

Done: Homo sap navigation/ twisty thing on bars to make it go vroom/ grabby thing to make it stop (in front of twisty thing)/ 'leccy things front and rear to make it glow at night/ Sucky + drippy oiler thing to keep chains moist (!!) / Laser Pro Stock Race pipes / bleeding ear drums (see previous mod)
To do: Educate homo sap nav system to operate twisty + grabby things/ get ear plugs

All Trashed Now... Pants... its a Cat B Mwahahaha it lives again!!

Remember every driver is a deaf myoptic twat who is out to kill you, ALWAYS assume they are going to do THE most f*cking DUMBASS, STUPID manouver possible, at the worst possible moment; get past, and get past quick

#9 Guinness

Guinness

has been here 4ever

• 1,657 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 03:07 pm

QUOTE(Hartside Man @ Mon 16th Jul 2007, 10:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
-//-

cant do early september... will be in Andorra... with the missus... and dogs... and by car
but ill keep ya posted if and when we do go there. will be a long weekend most likely... in friday.. out monday

get them here

#10 sidestand

sidestand

Carpe Citizen

• 3,456 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 17 July 2007 - 08:07 pm

You just don't do Andorra by car G !
The Pyrennees is for bikes..........you'll only get caught in the hour long queues at customs, which you just breeze by on a bike.

post-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gifpost-1-1152402501.jpgThe older I get, the better I was

96 MkII in yellow & silver with bluespots, braided lines, Remus 2 into 1, Hagon rear shock & fork springs, bashplate, heated grips,Motech pannier racks, Road Attacks, Jockoiler, Baglux tank cover & bag. Gone to a far better place - hasn't it Remo?
Another 96 Mk2 in yellow & silver - absolutely standard & pristine ( apart from a butchered rear mudguard - but I'm looking for a new one
'76 Suzuki GT500 Stroker in need of a rebuild
'80 Yamaha XT250 mudplugger
another '81 XT250
'91 BMW R80GS - this one really will do a RTW trip
'05 BMW K1200S - inline four with a shaft
'10 BMW R1200GSA Anniversary Edition
'02 Fazer 1000 - 4 carbs are better than 2 ! - water pump rebuilt by Mr Ramrod Engineering
'00 Triumph Adventurer - Cruiser with a difference - British & a triple
Gary's Bathtub - '99 BMW K1200RS in luvverly pillarbox red . Now been Waspycycled to Nuneaton
And the Latest Addition - a nice BMW G650 XCountry greenlaner - on long term loan to Boy Wonder

1996 Kawasaki KH125 Stroker

2000 TDM Mk2A - nicely Studleyfied - Modified by Masterbrewer, but we've fixed that now !

BMW K1300R

2004 TDM 900 in Silver/Blue - heated grips, MRA vary screen, Wilbers rear shock & engine bars to fit 

BMW S1000XR in white 

#11 Guinness

Guinness

has been here 4ever

• 1,657 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 10:34 am

sure... rub it in why dont you tongue.gif

wink.gif

get them here

#12 Hartside Man

Hartside Man

Old Moaning Git !!

• RTT manager(RTT)
  • 3,247 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 05:06 pm

QUOTE(Guinness @ Tue 17th Jul 2007, 02:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
cant do early september... will be in Andorra... with the missus... and dogs... and by car
but ill keep ya posted if and when we do go there. will be a long weekend most likely... in friday.. out monday

Edith drives car and fokepies, guiness rides bike with no panniers or box yahoo.gif problem solved rotflmmfao.gif

#13 Guinness

Guinness

has been here 4ever

• 1,657 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 05:48 pm

QUOTE(Hartside Man @ Wed 18th Jul 2007, 05:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Edith drives car and fokepies, ...
thats prolly how far down that sentence ill get before getting interrupted unsure.gif

get them here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users