• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ManonEdge

ManonEdge

sticking around

• 39 posts
  • TDM model: 1997

Posted 10 November 2018 - 11:28 am

After discovering a whole pile of nastiness on my right carb inherited from a previous owner (see pic) I grabbed a set of eBay, serviced & fitted them.
Just fired her up, started 1st time, mega chuffed with that.

Was checking the carb sync and while they are spot on in sync the vac appears low as to what the Haynes manual states.

Im getting 8 inches mg around 200mm, book says 270 - 290mm.

Should I be concerned? Any thoughts guys.

CheersAttached File  A7ACDF6D-F6C8-4C49-AD1B-ACE4F9B5A2A4.jpeg   196.54KB   0 downloads

#2 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,213 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 10 November 2018 - 02:30 pm

You could try adjusting the pilot screws to up the vac.  Not sure if 200mm is a problem or not tbh.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#3 Apache

Apache

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 10 November 2018 - 04:37 pm

Unbelievable how much effort some folk put in to botching...easier to do it right

#4 ManonEdge

ManonEdge

sticking around

• 39 posts

Posted 10 November 2018 - 05:07 pm

You could try adjusting the pilot screws to up the vac.  Not sure if 200mm is a problem or not tbh.

Thanks, didn’t realise adjusting the pilot screws would affect the vacuum, thought they only adjusted the air/fuel mixture

Unbelievable how much effort some folk put in to botching...easier to do it right

I’m guessing they’d had a stripped head on the screw as they’re made of Micky mouse metal, then tried beating it round & broke both the cover & carb body. Then tried to repaired both with an assortment of sticky stuff

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users