Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts
  • TDM model: none yet

Posted 10 August 2007 - 10:59 am

http://www.ibike.com..._cbf150/cbf.htm

Just found this.

Ok. It is in Chinese.

Basically, it is a chinese built Honda in Shanghai.

My cousin lives in Canton has a WU-YANG HONDA which means Canton-honda again is a joint company. After 16years of service, the bike has never let him down in any time.

It is now in his shed for as long as he can keep it.

All civilian motorcycles are banned from central Canton in 2007.

If David Silver is importing these machines, I may buy one ! looks like a mini cb 1300
2002 HONDA CB250 NIGHTHAWK (SOLD)
2003 HONDA TRANSALP XL 650 V
2003 YAMAHA TDM 900 (SOLD)
2003 APRILIA CAPONORD ETV 1000 (SOLD)
2005 HONDA VARADERO XL 1000 V

#2 Jez

Jez

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 10 August 2007 - 11:09 am

QUOTE(LUNLUNZAI @ Fri 10th Aug 2007, 11:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
All civilian motorcycles are banned from central Canton in 2007.

Why? Is the city now filled with cars and smog?

Red and black '96. Blue spot Thunderace calipers with braided two-line front hoses - 'kin brill. 17 incher out front. Renthal street/trail bars - vibe free. 1150GS brush guards. HIDs - niiiiice. Stebel Magnum - crikey. Nonfango hard luggage. Nexxus. SW-Motech center stand. Had a Powerbronze tall screen - too noisy - went back to standard.

Stealth Diamond Black 900 with lurvely black frame. GS brush guards. HotGrips on a relay - cos I keep forgetting. SW-Motech center stand and engine bars. LED rear light. Vario set to min. 17 incher. PR2s.

All now a fond (very fond) memory. Maybe again some day.

#3 Geordie Guy

Geordie Guy

Carpe Citizen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,502 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 10 August 2007 - 11:20 am

Someones bright Idea that. Get rid of all the bikes.

bet he is regretting that one or has he been given the bullet rotflmmfao.gif !!!!

Bike looks smart, How much do they go for ?

Ivan

Edited by Geordie Guy, 10 August 2007 - 11:22 am.

I'm a TDM SNOB !!!!     "Adventure before Dementia"  

Kawasaki GT550, XJ900 Diversion, 2002 TDM 900 , 2008 TDM 900a, 2010 TDM 900a.

#4 Lunlunzai

Lunlunzai

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 11:31 am

QUOTE(Jez @ Fri 10th Aug 2007, 11:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why? Is the city now filled with cars and smog?

Motorcycles means a lot to local Canrtonese people. They are more than a toy.

The first motorcycle was imported by overseas chinese from Inodenesia to Canton in early 70's.

From 80's, having a motorcycle is a symbol of modern and fast economic development.

My uncle like most Cantonese people started his own clothing businese with a wu-yang honda and to please the girl he likes who now his wife.

Although they all have cars now but the bike gives them a lot of memories, so they have never thought of selling it (a 16yr old 125 cc motorcycle with a central canton licence worth 800 quid in 1998, becoz of the canton licence).

Also, it is a very good form of heck about there not to mention Canton is 3 times bigger than London.

The idea of banning bikes actually started in 1997, from that time no more motorcycle is being issued by Canton traffic police. Hence, the crazy price mentioned about.

In 1997, there is at least 750000 bikes registered with CANTON PLATE.

There are also a lot crimes like robberys related to motorcycles. These sorts of crime are typically a guy on a bike and rob ladies' handbags in city centre or sub-urban areas even daytime.

The robber can get a away very quickly and leave the police a very hard job!

After 2 fatal robberies, yes both victime were killed due to serious head injuries.

The governement has to make such decision to ban bike.

Amongst those bastards the police caught, all of them are immigrants from north of China.

HUU.. NOW CANTONESE PEOPLE HAVE NO CHANCE TO RIDE A BIKE ranting.gif

ONLY ONE CHANCE IS WORKING FOR LOCAL POLICE

#5 robelst

robelst

has been here 4ever

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 10 August 2007 - 12:23 pm

That CBF150 is a pretty little bike cool.gif
I guess for European markets a 125 version would be more appropriate (licence / insurance-wise, depending on the country).

Bike ban in Canton: That's outrageous, it must be a desaster for so many people that are dependent on cheap motorised transport. blink.gif
Since Western economies are now deeply entangled in cheap Chinese production and manufacturing I bet there is little hope for international pressure on Chinese (govern)mental bodies to lift these draconic measures.

It's a sad ol' world isn't it? dry.gif

I suspect with a bit a white and blue paint and dummy lights there may soon be 750,000 police bikes in Canton rolleyes.gif

Edited by robelst, 10 August 2007 - 12:24 pm.

That was not a banana, Dougal

#6 Lunlunzai

Lunlunzai

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 01:20 pm

QUOTE(Geordie Guy @ Fri 10th Aug 2007, 12:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Someones bright Idea that. Get rid of all the bikes.

bet he is regretting that one or has he been given the bullet rotflmmfao.gif !!!!

Bike looks smart, How much do they go for ?

Ivan

Those government officials do not care as they have nice BMWs.
They only regret for doing this too late.

regarding to the bike, there are 125 or 150 models, in mainland china, both are below 7000 RMB (460 GBP) + TOP BOX and a U-LOCK but depends on how good u can bargain!

I do not really like those cheap chinese bike with unknown badge on fleabay as they are reli poorly built!

For 500quid you can get this little honda bike which can easily sold for 1700quid new in the UK.

U should reli becareful of those 799 on the road machine !

#7 Lunlunzai

Lunlunzai

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 01:38 pm

QUOTE(robelst @ Fri 10th Aug 2007, 01:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That CBF150 is a pretty little bike cool.gif
I guess for European markets a 125 version would be more appropriate (licence / insurance-wise, depending on the country).

Bike ban in Canton: That's outrageous, it must be a desaster for so many people that are dependent on cheap motorised transport. blink.gif
Since Western economies are now deeply entangled in cheap Chinese production and manufacturing I bet there is little hope for international pressure on Chinese (govern)mental bodies to lift these draconic measures.

It's a sad ol' world isn't it? dry.gif

I suspect with a bit a white and blue paint and dummy lights there may soon be 750,000 police bikes in Canton rolleyes.gif

The police in Beijing nowadays are using big bikes like CB400SF V-TEC, NT650V, NT700V AND ST1300
as OLYMPICS is getting close. Local ppl complains about these bikes are being too expensive and too big for a crowd city like Beijing.

I hope they will let bikes back on road one day but at the moment adjacent cities are following this measure.

Life is indeed sad! I saw on TV many owner realy struggled to hand the keys to staff in recycle centre. Most of them took the plate and some bits of the bike back as a memory and in tears!

The local police had a hard time as well as their undercover bikes (registered with NON-POLICE SPEC plate) also need recycling.They always do service themselves too

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users