17 replies to this topic

#1 pete7

pete7

RTT10 manager

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,078 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 03 August 2016 - 07:44 pm

Incredibly permissions were given to follow up riding a TDM to Croatia, with a TDM Tour to Picos/Pyrenees in the same year.

Ferry to Santander allowed use of summer (vented) suit to keep cool by giving immediate access to the hot, hot weather. 

We went East first to re-visit the Spanish/French Pyrenees, before a long fast trip across North Spanish plains to reach Picos Mountains for a few days of exploring those impressive gorges and high mountains.

Here are a few pictures but the full report is on my Facebook page

A great tour and great to see TDM did its job with usual uncomplaining efficiency

Pete

Attached Files

Keep music live!

YouTube: pete7kcu

#2 Kelpie

Kelpie

900 going for ... 1000cc?

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 944 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 04 August 2016 - 07:03 am

Amazing trip, you lucky man. Fab photos, thanks for sharing.
You don't need balls to ride a big bike.

#3 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 04 August 2016 - 08:24 am

Great photos Pete, thanks for sharing. :good: Will be doing some of those routes in a few weeks. :D

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#4 schmo9

schmo9

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 197 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 04 August 2016 - 12:04 pm

Great pics....wish I had that weather

#5 masterbrewer

masterbrewer

has been here 4ever

• 1,553 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 05 August 2016 - 09:56 am

Great photos Pete, thanks for sharing.  :good: Will be doing some of those routes in a few weeks.  :D

#6 pete7

pete7

RTT10 manager

• 2,078 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 09:14 pm

Great photos Pete, thanks for sharing.  :good: Will be doing some of those routes in a few weeks.  :D

You will enjoy...nee doot!

P7

Keep music live!

#7 filo

filo

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 229 posts
  • TDM model: 2001

Posted 06 August 2016 - 06:43 am

Like your badges

#8 tr7dan

tr7dan

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 116 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 09:08 pm

Great pics Pete........ er, apart from the plate of dog food of course !  :lol:

Tell you what mate, the bike looks neat with the colour matched wheels and luggage, I mean, let's face it,why would you want anything else....

cheers

Dan

PS. How do i get to your Facebook page ?

Edited by tr7dan, 06 August 2016 - 09:09 pm.

#9 Deauman

Deauman

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 109 posts

Posted 08 August 2016 - 04:32 pm

That's a trip I would like to do. Any recommendations for where to stay?

#10 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 10:10 am

I think we're staying at the Hotel del Oso, apparently it's great value and a good location.  Sidestand will be able to tell you more, he's been there a few times.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#11 pete7

pete7

RTT10 manager

• 2,078 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 09:24 pm

Great pics Pete........ er, apart from the plate of dog food of course !  :lol:

Tell you what mate, the bike looks neat with the colour matched wheels and luggage, I mean, let's face it,why would you want anything else....

cheers

Dan

PS. How do i get to your Facebook page ?

Just search facebook for  "peter kelly south shields warrington" and you should be able to find it ..

The "dog-food" stuff was absolutely delicious, and ingredients gathered/prepared by the land-lady's fair hand - She also had made her own aperitif (strong stuff), wine, as well as starters and sweets. 

Quite remote but fantastic B&B

Pete

Keep music live!

#12 tr7dan

tr7dan

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 116 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 11:41 am

Santander ferry from Plymouth in a couple of weeks for us Pete then Picos Mountains, couple of nights in Santiago De Compost - what's the temperature going to be like ? The recent hot spell here has got me thinking that my bike gear might be a tad warm. I have a vented jacket with zip out lining but is it cool up in the mountains or is it likely to be sweltering all over ? Any idea ?

cheers

Dan

#13 muddy

muddy

full o shoite

• 2,969 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 26 June 2017 - 01:26 pm

It was baking while I was there, but the weather was just on the change. Lots of thunderstorms forecast for the region as I was leaving, which will hamper any sort of enjoyable riding. The storms seem to be following me up through France.

It's hard to find a jacket that will protect and keep one cool at the same time. My Triumph jacket has lots of vents, but when it's baking and you're not moving, you bake. Best to avoid big towns if it's hot and head for them if it's rainy, for things to do.

Blue 04 TDM,PR2 rear Roadsmart front, Yamaha topox, Givi E360 panniers, PL pannier holders, BMW handguards, Yamaha touring screen, Scottoiler, 12v ciggie socket, carbon core HT leads

Gorn :sorry:

#14 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 03:54 pm

You don't tend to get up in the mountains high enough for it to be noticeably cooler in the Picos.  We went at the end of Sept and it was the mornings that were cooler.  Soon warmed up after 9-10am though.  Alps were fookin' freezing on the high cols. :lol:

Well vented gloves, jacket and troos and you should be ok. :)

Lucky bugger, I'm not at all envious.

#15 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 26 June 2017 - 06:01 pm

Yep enjoy the Picos,

you'll love it..be good to hear about your trip and places you stay,always looking for new digs...be safe.

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#16 drewpy

drewpy

has been here 4ever

• 1,753 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 06 August 2017 - 07:27 am

Im having a great trip so far.
Rained last night nice and cool today.
Will post a report when I get back

Edited by drewpy, 06 August 2017 - 07:30 am.

"As I Lay Rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I skid and begin to slide, please dear god protect my ride"

Mods; Oil pressure switch, neoprene rear inner mudguard, scottoiler, highway pegs,  fenda extenda, 1999 carbs and airbox, Kais suspension setup, later clutch springs, LED lamps, Metmachex swingarm, Hagon Shock, Oxford heated grips, 4 way fused accessory Bus, 17" 3CV front wheel, Michellin R6 tyres, GPS speedo, 5' ignition advance.

#17 pete7

pete7

RTT10 manager

• 2,078 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 09:08 pm

Looking forward to pictures and write-up ... 

P7

Keep music live!

#18 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 07 August 2017 - 09:55 am

Wish i was there :)

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users