#1 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 24 June 2020 - 08:13 pm

Does anybody have Venhill front brake lines, race fitting so 2 lines with a double banjo at the MC, if so could you let me know which banjo fittings you have, all 4 of mine are 20 degree which i dont think is correct but they will fit, the double banjo that came with the kit is an M10x1.0 thread pitch, surely it's a 1.5 pitched banjo bolt innit...... would like an idea before i get in touch and have a go at the seller.

Would of thought there should at least be a straight and a bent fitting at the MC, looks like i may have got a bag of bit's thrown together, the Venhill lines are marked up..

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#2 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,080 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 24 June 2020 - 08:56 pm

1.25 pitch, only Suzuki on some models used 1.0 pitch. Don't screw it in, it will jam tight, then shear off. Happened to younger brother leaving a difficult job extracting broken bit.

Edited by leehenty, 24 June 2020 - 08:59 pm.

2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

#3 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 24 June 2020 - 09:13 pm

1.25 pitch, only Suzuki on some models used 1.0 pitch. Don't screw it in, it will jam tight, then shear off. Happened to younger brother leaving a difficult job extracting broken bit.

Thought so Lee, not jammed in, ive used a stainless 1.25 instead but me other fittings are all Black....fookin retailers, jesus.

I may swap the other banjos for stainless instead..

Edited by dablik, 24 June 2020 - 09:13 pm.

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#4 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 26 June 2020 - 10:24 pm

Lee pretty sure the banjo fittings are M10 can you confirm please, should of measured before i fit them, dont like em, the bend is to severe on the calipers and so has to many kinks for my liking once the brake guide is fitted on the grommet so i'll sort it with the seller, my own fault actually as i ordered furra 850, should of got 9r ones should'nt i, even so the banjo bolt needs replacing and he needs to supply a straight for the MC end, that's not right either with 2 x 20 degree bends, however on a good note they bled up lubberly and i have a 1 finger pull, nice :)

#5 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,391 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 27 June 2020 - 07:12 am

:lol:

Single-handedly reviving the Wave.

2008 reg. Black TDM 900 ABS

#6 drewpy

drewpy

has been here 4ever

• 1,753 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 27 June 2020 - 09:20 am

if you have blue spots, def order the 9R stuff.

I did for my setup as I could see that the PO reused the original lines and I could see the twist in the pipes 

"As I Lay Rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I skid and begin to slide, please dear god protect my ride"

Mods; Oil pressure switch, neoprene rear inner mudguard, scottoiler, highway pegs,  fenda extenda, 1999 carbs and airbox, Kais suspension setup, later clutch springs, LED lamps, Metmachex swingarm, Hagon Shock, Oxford heated grips, 4 way fused accessory Bus, 17" 3CV front wheel, Michellin R6 tyres, GPS speedo, 5' ignition advance.

#7 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 27 June 2020 - 11:15 am

if you have blue spots, def order the 9R stuff.

I did for my setup as I could see that the PO reused the original lines and I could see the twist in the pipes 

To late drew, i ordered 850 without thinking really so will have to change the banjo fittings, which fittings are on your caliper, are they straight or have a side bend, i can change mine as they are Venhill, but they have still sent the wrong double banjo and fittings at the MC..

#8 drewpy

drewpy

has been here 4ever

• 1,753 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 27 June 2020 - 01:29 pm

slight bend 

Attached Files

"As I Lay Rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I skid and begin to slide, please dear god protect my ride"

Mods; Oil pressure switch, neoprene rear inner mudguard, scottoiler, highway pegs,  fenda extenda, 1999 carbs and airbox, Kais suspension setup, later clutch springs, LED lamps, Metmachex swingarm, Hagon Shock, Oxford heated grips, 4 way fused accessory Bus, 17" 3CV front wheel, Michellin R6 tyres, GPS speedo, 5' ignition advance.

#9 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,080 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 27 June 2020 - 01:54 pm

Yes banjos are M10
2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

#10 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 27 June 2020 - 03:42 pm

Cheers Drew, yours are 20 degree bends same as mine.

Ta Lee, i'll get those sorted..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users