#1 drewpy

drewpy

has been here 4ever

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 08 August 2021 - 09:13 am

Booked into Squires cafe for camping and bikes for the week and think we got lucky with the weather as manchester was damp all week.

Planned a few trips around the moors and also planned to do Wray bike night but that got kiboshed as it was too wet over there.

mate joined me from Bristol on his 900 tracer GT and his first camping trip. I think he liked it.

we went all over the place, speaking to other bikers and finding out where the hang outs are. One really good stop off was Stump cross caverns, never heard of it and it was by chance that it was on the route ( I use Myroute to get GPX files) ace rolling roads which make for lovely sweeping bends and hardly any traffic. 

Ended up at Aysgard falls and Ribbleshead viaduct as said mate has never been there before. He was so jealous of our areas as nothing like that in his area.

I managed to ride 1000 miles in 6 days and the bike never used any oil, i know, I rebuilt the top end last year and replaced the valve seals with the green stuff from thailand.

cabs are starting to suffer a bit now with a def flat at 2.5k revs which will be the emulsion tubes, i did try to buy some last year from motion pro but they never came through. think I'll use NRP as they are a manchester based carb supplier and well established.

Lets see if i can post pickies up

Attached Files

"As I Lay Rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I skid and begin to slide, please dear god protect my ride"

Mods; Oil pressure switch, neoprene rear inner mudguard, scottoiler, highway pegs,  fenda extenda, 1999 carbs and airbox, Kais suspension setup, later clutch springs, LED lamps, Metmachex swingarm, Hagon Shock, Oxford heated grips, 4 way fused accessory Bus, 17" 3CV front wheel, Michellin R6 tyres, GPS speedo, 5' ignition advance.

#2 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 08 August 2021 - 09:35 am

Noice piccies
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#3 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 08 August 2021 - 10:00 am

Great pics drewps,  you forgot to visit the set of Emmerdale though  :)

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#4 drewpy

drewpy

has been here 4ever

• 1,753 posts

Posted 08 August 2021 - 10:36 am

Great pics drewps,  you forgot to visit the set of Emmerdale though  :)

no i didn't  :P

Follyfoot farm though...

"As I Lay Rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I skid and begin to slide, please dear god protect my ride"

Mods; Oil pressure switch, neoprene rear inner mudguard, scottoiler, highway pegs,  fenda extenda, 1999 carbs and airbox, Kais suspension setup, later clutch springs, LED lamps, Metmachex swingarm, Hagon Shock, Oxford heated grips, 4 way fused accessory Bus, 17" 3CV front wheel, Michellin R6 tyres, GPS speedo, 5' ignition advance.

#5 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 08 August 2021 - 02:40 pm

Lovely photos Drewps. :good: Looks like you had a great time.  I see you stopped off at the Bangers and Cash auction place. :)

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#6 Gdogg

Gdogg

has been here 4ever

• 1,160 posts
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 08 August 2021 - 02:46 pm

Brill photos 👍👍
I want to get to Matthewsons at some point if only to get a selfie with Sarah 🤩😬

Edited by Gdogg, 08 August 2021 - 02:47 pm.

<p> Now Sold 😔......850 MK2A 4TX6 in Silver, Stainless steel hand rolled slip on end can, stainless 2into1 headers, K&N air filter, Hagon progressive front springs, Gdogg modified rear shock, Else Made "Ridgeback" Gel Seat, Gdogg under seat fender extender, Powrspark leads, Carbon fiber effect vinyl wrap fairing decals & logos, Michelin Pilot Road2's, V-Strom hand guards, Givi monorack & box (colour matched side rails).

#7 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,080 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 08 August 2021 - 04:24 pm

Nice 850 there
2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

#8 drewpy

drewpy

has been here 4ever

• 1,753 posts

Posted 08 August 2021 - 04:59 pm

Lovely photos Drewps. :good: Looks like you had a great time.  I see you stopped off at the Bangers and Cash auction place. :)

yes and down the road in Pickering is their warehouse full of classics. further down is Helmsby, a biker meeting place in the square

Brill photos
I want to get to Matthewsons at some point if only to get a selfie with Sarah

didn't see Sarah unfortunately 

Nice 850 there

thanks 

#9 Pedro

Pedro

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 266 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 08 August 2021 - 08:44 pm

Great photos, great landscape. I miss seeing green hills and rivers with water flowing. All brown and burnt here and dry river beds....... :unsure2:

#10 waynedear

waynedear

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 106 posts
  • TDM model: 1998

Posted 09 August 2021 - 06:51 am

Looks brill, your bike in green is amazing.

ps I think Sarah left B+C

#11 AliG

AliG

has been here 4ever

• 1,444 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 09 August 2021 - 07:06 am

Great pics and bike looking good. Particularly liked the white Alpine. I used to have one just like that when I was in my twenties.

2004 900 - Blue with lots of goodies

2012 900 - Still adding shiny bits. Was black, changed to white and now back to black again.

#12 Snowbird

Snowbird

Just won't go.

• 1,349 posts
  • Location:Often on another planet, but mostly south Cambs. (St.Neots)
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 09 August 2021 - 08:00 am

if only to get a selfie with Sarah

Is a selfie the opposite of a threesome? :huh:

Or is that a onesie?

Looks like a great trip, tanks for the pics.

Current toys: '99 XT600E, 2000 4TX, '82 Princess 30DS (where the username comes from), No longer a '03 Fazer thou.

Save the planet, it's the only one with beer!

#13 drewpy

drewpy

has been here 4ever

• 1,753 posts

Posted 09 August 2021 - 02:52 pm

Great pics and bike looking good. Particularly liked the white Alpine. I used to have one just like that when I was in my twenties.

I had a 1967 Alpine GT in green. wire wheels, tonneau cover and hard top with walnut dash.

sounded great and did a rally with the SAOC in Tatton which was great.

Sold it to buy towards a house, but i still have a soft spot for them

Still kick myself for not buying a Tiger V8 when I got offered one

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users