#1 drewpy

drewpy

has been here 4ever

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 14 March 2021 - 06:55 pm

this is interesting, which bike is built the cleanest?

Lee Henty will be pleased

https://youtu.be/9GAUo8eUXeU

"As I Lay Rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I skid and begin to slide, please dear god protect my ride"

Mods; Oil pressure switch, neoprene rear inner mudguard, scottoiler, highway pegs,  fenda extenda, 1999 carbs and airbox, Kais suspension setup, later clutch springs, LED lamps, Metmachex swingarm, Hagon Shock, Oxford heated grips, 4 way fused accessory Bus, 17" 3CV front wheel, Michellin R6 tyres, GPS speedo, 5' ignition advance.

#2 Catteeclan

Catteeclan

full o shoite

• 2,433 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 15 March 2021 - 06:24 am

So the Chinese engine is full of covid and the Royal enfield is the cleanest. :unsure2:

2002 TDM900 Yellow

#3 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 15 March 2021 - 09:37 am

Not exactly a rigorous scientific experiment, the owners of the donor bikes will all have ridden their bikes differently for a start.  And, the common tata is biased against Japanese bikes. :punishment:

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#4 harvey krumpet

harvey krumpet

has been here 4ever

• 2,049 posts
  • TDM model: 1997

Posted 15 March 2021 - 08:44 pm

My trials bike has an aircooled Chinese TT 125 replica / knock off engine. Cheng Chen or some such.

No oil filter....

After absolutely thrashing it for 5 years, the way only wee engines get thrashed, the oil still comes out clean.

TDM 850 Loud and unusual. CRM 250r Woo hoo! DT 230 Lanza Fiddled with.... Bloody hell, is that legal? GG Randonee AKA "I didn't think that was possible".

#5 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,080 posts

Posted 18 March 2021 - 02:57 pm

Not sure about the single cylinder royal Enfield's, the engineering is agricultural
2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

#6 Matlock

Matlock

Carpe Citizen

• 3,913 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 19 March 2021 - 08:58 am

Not exactly a rigorous scientific experiment, the owners of the donor bikes will all have ridden their bikes differently for a start. 

The analysis showed the muck in the engine from the factory, so what got in from the component packaging, from the work stations, etc, etc. So not really influenced by rider behaviour, but it was just a single sample of each manufacturer, so not very scientific. I was really surprised at RE at first, but then they said they'd spent gazillions on a new state-of-the-art factory  :good:  Maybe the Interceptor is the new TDM, from India, who'd have thought it? 

2002 TDM900 in glorious yellowNOW SOLD  :( 

2012 Honda Crosstourer VFR1200X. Hyperspeed tourer.

1990 XTZ750 in black, standard apart from Micron silencer. Mechanical restoration complete, cosmetic restoration next on the agenda.. NOW SOLD  :( 

Follow me on twitter

#7 ric

ric

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 190 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 20 March 2021 - 04:27 pm

The interceptor is not the new TDM, at least not for me after a test ride.

#8 Dickiebig

Dickiebig

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 176 posts
  • TDM model: none yet

Posted 03 June 2021 - 05:31 pm

The interceptor is not the new TDM, at least not for me after a test ride.

So not a fan?
What did you think what put you off.
Curious as was considering one

Edited by Dickiebig, 03 June 2021 - 05:32 pm.

#9 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,080 posts

Posted 02 July 2021 - 08:11 pm

I tried the interceptor, it's slightly down on power and cases are polished alloy not chrome.
Nice bike to ride but I went for the triumph 865 in the end
2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

#10 Dickiebig

Dickiebig

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 176 posts
  • TDM model: none yet

Posted 04 July 2021 - 05:25 pm

I tried the interceptor, it's slightly down on power and cases are polished alloy not chrome.
Nice bike to ride but I went for the triumph 865 in the end

Cheers, I did wonder about the power, but I'm more of a pootler than a scratcher these days.
I just like the looks of the Enfield and it's apparent simplicity, mechanically.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users