#1881 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 27 April 2019 - 10:19 am

Hi Cheeseburger :lol: er dont think i want to be going for a ride in storm Hannah, welcome to the site.

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#1882 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,391 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 27 April 2019 - 11:29 am

Greetings

Single-handedly reviving the Wave.

2008 reg. Black TDM 900 ABS

#1883 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 28 April 2019 - 02:06 pm

Hello and welcome Cheeseburger. :)

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#1884 Cheeseburger

Cheeseburger

discovering Carpe

• 14 posts
  • TDM model: 1997

Posted 28 April 2019 - 02:50 pm

Thank you gents  :drinks:

#1885 PICARD

PICARD

has been here 4ever

• 1,741 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 06 May 2019 - 12:11 pm

Probably a break from the usual protocol, but I'd like to welcome SJCA aboard the carpe train before he has a chance to introduce himself
..(not known for being shy!!)
He'll no doubt be along shortly to do the business,as he's just left my garage on his newly acquired 9er. Good luck with her Steve.
Lock onto my co-ordinates and beam me up !!

04 900 - 92 mk 1 - r 1150 rs - Z550 A1 - 2x bonnies - plastic slug -XL185 - ...not in that order !! (and one or two i don't want / dare to own up to !!)

#1886 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 04:52 pm

Probably a break from the usual protocol, but I'd like to welcome SJCA aboard the carpe train before he has a chance to introduce himself
..(not known for being shy!!)
He'll no doubt be along shortly to do the business,as he's just left my garage on his newly acquired 9er. Good luck with her Steve.

Whooooa back up cowboy, you did'nt Pete, tell me you did'nt :huh:

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#1887 PICARD

PICARD

has been here 4ever

• 1,741 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 06 May 2019 - 05:30 pm

Noooooo..Cliff, how could you even think such a thing. You know you've got first dibs, it's in my will!! He bought one from Walsall, lives in Derbs, and just dropped by. Bloody hell, I'll have to sit down!!
Lock onto my co-ordinates and beam me up !!

04 900 - 92 mk 1 - r 1150 rs - Z550 A1 - 2x bonnies - plastic slug -XL185 - ...not in that order !! (and one or two i don't want / dare to own up to !!)

#1888 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 05:34 pm

Phew, i need a drink :drinks: only stronger, well i know you've twiddled with the idea, glad to see your mistress is staying.

#1889 gautrek

gautrek

seems to like Carpe

• 71 posts

Posted 16 July 2019 - 07:52 pm

Hi Peeps.
I have just sold my BMW and am now on the hunt for a TDM. I must admit I did quite fancy these when they first came out. It looks like you get a hell of a lot of bike for not much money. I am off work next week so have a few bikes sort of lined up to view. I do fancy the 850 as I prefer the looks of that model. But I may end up with a 900.

I have 3 other bikes ( well 2 1/2 ) I have 2 1930's Panthers and I am currently building a JAP engined Humber special based around a 1925 frame and engine. This is a long term project. S I will be asking lots of newbie question. I am based in Leicester

Interested in very very old bikes with the ocasional newish one thrown in.

#1890 Bjørge

Bjørge

has been here 4ever

• 1,791 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 17 July 2019 - 08:37 am

Hi, and welcome !  :pimp:

Good luck with finding a TDM ! You might want to read some previous discussions on the 850 MkI vs 850 MkII vs 900, like this one, this or do your own search: "advanced search", term "buying" in "titles only", to simplify a bit (THIS TIP WAS BORROWED FROM MEMBER DAPLEB, THOUGHT I SHOULD MENTION THAT TO AVOID APPEARING AS I WANTED TO BE A SMART GUY WHEN I'M REALLY JUST A CARPE-TDM READER... BTW, MEMBER DAPLEB IS THE GUY WITH ALL THE ODD SPELLING. TAKES A WHILE TO GET USED TO, OR MAYBE HE HAS MODERATED A BIT OVER THE YEARS) ? 

More of us have, or have had, more models, feel free to ask if you want qualified, emotional or even dogmatic input on choice !

Edited by Bjørge, 17 July 2019 - 09:04 am.

Bjørge

#1891 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 17 July 2019 - 08:57 am

Hello dare and welcome.
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#1892 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 10:24 am

Hi and welcome to the club.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#1893 gautrek

gautrek

seems to like Carpe

• 71 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 12:31 pm

I'm going to look at a red one soon 😁

That's about the limit of my knowledge ATM

Edited by gautrek, 17 July 2019 - 12:31 pm.

#1894 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,391 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 17 July 2019 - 12:45 pm

Greetings

Single-handedly reviving the Wave.

2008 reg. Black TDM 900 ABS

#1895 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 04:21 pm

I'm going to look at a red one soon

Well that's all you need to know really, Red is the bestest...

#1896 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 17 July 2019 - 04:58 pm

:wifgeni:
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#1897 gautrek

gautrek

seems to like Carpe

• 71 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 07:29 pm

Well that's all you need to know really, Red is the bestest...

I do like the yellow ones but I was told they are slower :)

#1898 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 10:30 pm

I do like the yellow ones but I was told they are slower :)

True dat :good:

#1899 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 18 July 2019 - 08:44 am

I'm going to look at a red one soon

There's a more errrr, orderly constructed TDM info site owned and run by our friendly Frenchman JBX.  https://www.tdm-yamaha.heliohost.org/

#1900 Marshall

Marshall

arrived on last train

• 6 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 07 March 2020 - 05:45 pm

:) Hi everyone, just a quick intro. Im 63 and 3 quarters and Ive just purchased a rather sooooper 2004 tdm, wich although Ive only been around the block a few times, just to check things work ok. the bike makes me smile. Yes im a born again biker in fact born again and again and again! As my last 3 bikes have been my last. So ive finally realised just crack on with it and enjoy. Im also a fair weather biker as I prefer to clean the salt n shit of the roads with my tin box.

Looking forward to learnng about my new bike. I will be asking a few electrickery questions as its all withcraft to me. But that will be later.

Your more than welcome to call for a brew n a chat anytime your passing.

Regards to all Marsh

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users