• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 ferky

ferky

sticking around

• 32 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 16 January 2020 - 02:41 pm

i have managed to get my bike running again after several issues but i have noticed that the oil is not circulating bk into the oil tank so oil light is on permanently , i have checked the pump and all works with the engine as it should , i have chaecked oil pipes for blockages and they are good , so is there anything else i may have overlooked ? 

#2 TKH

TKH

full o shoite

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,199 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 16 January 2020 - 02:59 pm

Glad to hear you're running.

Which tank are you looking at, there are 2. Assume you have enough oil in?

#3 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 16 January 2020 - 03:13 pm

Ok Ferks how much oil have ya put in the enjun?   is the problem you are now having on the original enjun or the replacement ya bought last week? I tink ya may have either too little oil in there or an electrical fault?

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#4 Bjørge

Bjørge

has been here 4ever

• 1,791 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 16 January 2020 - 03:48 pm

Oil filter upside down?
Bjørge

#5 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.

Posted 16 January 2020 - 04:12 pm

Oil filter upside down?

that is not unknown apparently,  even when the right way up ya need to be careful not to crush or deform the filter.  there have been a few cases of seizure due to this.

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

#6 Rallyist

Rallyist

Gettin to be an 'Old Bugger'

• 3,251 posts
  • Location:Usually in a Hospital somewhere in the Birmingham area
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 16 January 2020 - 04:27 pm

Correct me if I am wrong but none of the 850 nor 900 models have an oil pressure switch as standard, its an oil level sensor on the 900 maybe the Mk2 850 has the same system, the 3vd has nowt so futuristic :rotflmmfao: :good:

For a challenging summer try the

Round Britain Rally.....  

1993 TDM 850 Mk1 ..... 2008 TDM 900 ....  1975, 1979, 1982, 1992 Goldwings, Scott, AJS,  Triumph 5TA

#7 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,114 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 16 January 2020 - 04:51 pm

MK1 has oil pressure sensor..... Tek ooot the oil gallery bolt and ewe will get a sense of if there be any oil pressure or not. :0)
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#8 Pedro

Pedro

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 266 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 16 January 2020 - 08:11 pm

There's a 10mm bolt on the left  hand barrel that you're supposed to undo and check for oil pressure after changing oil and filters. Maybe undo that and see how strong it flows, if any.

#9 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

• 12,211 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 08:19 pm

MK1 has oil pressure sensor..... Tek ooot the oil gallery bolt and ewe will get a sense of if there be any oil pressure or not. :0)

There's a 10mm bolt on the left  hand barrel that you're supposed to undo and check for oil pressure after changing oil and filters. Maybe undo that and see how strong it flows, if any.

yew 2 are  on the same hymn sheet.

#10 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,213 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 09:00 pm

A long shot but it might be a blocked oil strainer, the strainer is located just above the sump so you have to remove the sump to get to it.

Happened to me with my mk2a 850, although it was self inflicted. :blush2:  I managed to drop some cardboard into the engine.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#11 ferky

ferky

sticking around

• 32 posts

Posted 18 January 2020 - 12:27 pm

ok cheers guys will have a look at it and see whats what 

#12 ferky

ferky

sticking around

• 32 posts

Posted 29 January 2020 - 05:11 pm

ok heres an update got the bike sorted runs lovely now like a new bike , found out why oil wasnt recirculating bk to the tank ,think the strainer was clogged up and I don't mean a bit it was completely blocked ,looked like a sheet of plastic was over the mesh :( but its done and runs great now  

#13 Snowbird

Snowbird

Just won't go.

• 1,354 posts
  • Location:Often on another planet, but mostly south Cambs. (St.Neots)
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 29 January 2020 - 05:27 pm

Good to hear you got it sorted. :good:

Current toys: '99 XT600E, 2000 4TX, '82 Princess 30DS (where the username comes from), No longer a '03 Fazer thou.

Save the planet, it's the only one with beer!

#14 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,213 posts

Posted 29 January 2020 - 06:44 pm

Glad you found it.  Happy biking. :good:

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#15 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,114 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 29 January 2020 - 06:44 pm

A long shot but it might be a blocked oil strainer, the strainer is located just above the sump so you have to remove the sump to get to it.

Excellent long shotting
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#16 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,085 posts

Posted 29 January 2020 - 07:47 pm

Well diagnosed Sir.

2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

#17 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

• 12,211 posts

Posted 29 January 2020 - 08:46 pm

ok heres an update got the bike sorted runs lovely now like a new bike , found out why oil wasnt recirculating bk to the tank ,think the strainer was clogged up and I don't mean a bit it was completely blocked ,looked like a sheet of plastic was over the mesh :( but its done and runs great now  

good work.  so did ya fit the new enjun or fix the old original one?

#18 drewpy

drewpy

has been here 4ever

• 1,758 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 29 January 2020 - 09:59 pm

I always check strainer especially if PO have used silicone

"As I Lay Rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I skid and begin to slide, please dear god protect my ride"

Mods; Oil pressure switch, neoprene rear inner mudguard, scottoiler, highway pegs,  fenda extenda, 1999 carbs and airbox, Kais suspension setup, later clutch springs, LED lamps, Metmachex swingarm, Hagon Shock, Oxford heated grips, 4 way fused accessory Bus, 17" 3CV front wheel, Michellin R6 tyres, GPS speedo, 5' ignition advance.

#19 JMC

JMC

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 257 posts
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 30 January 2020 - 09:45 am

Got any pics of that, I've never been in there for a look :)

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!"
Hunter S. Thompson.

#20 ferky

ferky

sticking around

• 32 posts

Posted 30 January 2020 - 10:02 am

Got any pics of that, I've never been in there for a look :)

this is what i found inside the oil strainer  Attached File  tdm oil starine r.jpg   34.23KB   5 downloads

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: oil

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users