Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 08 November 2019 - 01:48 pm

:lol:

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#3783 Andy25

Andy25

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 335 posts
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 08 November 2019 - 08:55 pm

Oooooh luvvvly - got a link? :lol:

That did make me chuckle
Thank fook some people still have a sense of humour

#3784 ramo

ramo

has been here 4ever

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 1,176 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 10 November 2019 - 08:49 pm

New tyres fitted :good:

#3785 gautrek

gautrek

seems to like Carpe

• 71 posts
  • TDM model: 1997

Posted 11 November 2019 - 03:36 pm

I have just ordered some hand guards for mine. I found a nice set on fleabay for a Triumph Adventure that look like they can be made to fit. They were half price so a bit of s bargain. I also started it up after a few weeks sat in the garage. God it takes a long time to get the fuel pumped into the carbs.

Edited by gautrek, 11 November 2019 - 03:37 pm.

Interested in very very old bikes with the ocasional newish one thrown in.

#3786 gautrek

gautrek

seems to like Carpe

• 71 posts
  • TDM model: 1997

Posted 11 November 2019 - 08:54 pm

I have just done a quick job on my TDM. I have purchased some hand guards which will be arriving soon. The ones I have ordered are from one of the newish Triumph Adventure bikes. They look like they will fit with a bit of fetteling. While i was looking at the bars today to get an idea of how to fit them I decided to tidy up one area which has bugged me since I got the bike.

There are bar end wieghts fitted and they don't seem to fit very well. As you can see the one on the twist grip seems to be sticking out too far ( the other side is the same) . The heated grips are also slightly smaller than the tube and the white plastic part sticks out. Are these wieghts standard and did TDM's come with them?

So today I cut the white part down so its level with the end of the heated grip part, modified the weight and move all the controls on this side in slightly. So now the weight looks a better fit with the grip. I will alter the other side soon but will wait until the hand guards turn up as I ma need to modify the weight to fit them.

The only issue I had was I didn't know the twist grip assembly was held in position by a small dowel through the bars so couldn't understand why they kept moving. So I did have to drill another hole closer in. I will order some stainless hex head bolts so I can remove the crappy cross head bolts which hold all these controls on.

XoMVHfg.jpg

nUWVljt.jpg

NYRiBcj.jpg

Interested in very very old bikes with the ocasional newish one thrown in.

#3787 James

James

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 11 November 2019 - 10:44 pm

I’ve just put mine back together after cleaning up the fast idle assembly, greasing that stainless pin ;) . I had the forks out to replace a split gaiter too. Finally, I hooked it up to the battery tender and hopefully I’ll fire it up tomorrow evening  :)

Edited by Jim, 11 November 2019 - 10:44 pm.

84 Honda XL600R  :)

04 TDM900  :good:

21 KTM 790 Adventure  ;)

#3788 hvass

hvass

really likes Carpe

• 91 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 16 November 2019 - 05:09 pm

Attached File  IMG_20191110_174134.jpg   219.72KB   0 downloads

Just got around to putting these on..

Not over enamoured with PR5 on work bike and wary about GT front tyre I plumped for these Angel GT

A real sweat to get these incredibly stiff carcased tyres on with tyre levers... after 3x sets of PR3 I hope I dont regret these.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
tdm900a
mv v35 Imola
cb500x

#3789 James

James

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts

Posted 17 November 2019 - 04:05 pm

Finally got mine put back together and found some time to get it out of the workshop to fire it up. It started up first press of the button!

Surprisingly, so did the Buell. They’ve both been idle since the beginning of September when we moved house. The TDM spent some time on the battery tender last week but the Buell really hasn’t been touched at all. I expected the battery to be flat, or not have enough volts to turn the thing over but no, first press of the button and it was ticking over almost as smoothly (but not nearly as quietly) as my TDM ;)

Now the TDM is back on the road I can get started on the Buell jobs :D

Edited by Jim, 17 November 2019 - 04:06 pm.

84 Honda XL600R  :)

04 TDM900  :good:

21 KTM 790 Adventure  ;)

#3790 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,391 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 11 December 2019 - 05:19 pm

Washed the road salt off & applied ScottOil F365 until I can get round to collecting the Steam Cleaner that's buried in a shed a couple of miles away.

Single-handedly reviving the Wave.

2008 reg. Black TDM 900 ABS

#3791 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,080 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 16 December 2019 - 09:21 am

New battery fitted, switch on press button, nothing. Started checking things, then I remembered my two secret key switches, which were off. Sorted those, struck up first swing.

Edited by leehenty, 16 December 2019 - 04:46 pm.

2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

#3792 Rallyist

Rallyist

Gettin to be an 'Old Bugger'

• 3,250 posts
  • Location:Usually in a Hospital somewhere in the Birmingham area
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 16 December 2019 - 09:37 am

New battery fitted, switch on press button, nothing. Started checking things, then I

remembered my two secret key switches under seat, which were off. Sorted those, struck up first swing.

Not any more :rotflmmfao: :rotflmmfao: :rotflmmfao:

For a challenging summer try the

Round Britain Rally.....  

1993 TDM 850 Mk1 ..... 2008 TDM 900 ....  1975, 1979, 1982, 1992 Goldwings, Scott, AJS,  Triumph 5TA

#3793 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 16 December 2019 - 10:03 am

New battery fitted, switch on press button, nothing. Started checking things, then I remembered my two secret key switches under seat, which were off. Sorted those, struck up first swing.

Don't tell them your name Pike!

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#3794 PICARD

PICARD

has been here 4ever

• 1,741 posts

Posted 16 December 2019 - 03:02 pm

Sorry Lee, was that secret switches, under the seat??
Lock onto my co-ordinates and beam me up !!

04 900 - 92 mk 1 - r 1150 rs - Z550 A1 - 2x bonnies - plastic slug -XL185 - ...not in that order !! (and one or two i don't want / dare to own up to !!)

#3795 Gdogg

Gdogg

has been here 4ever

• 1,160 posts
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 16 December 2019 - 03:53 pm

Good job you haven't got a photo of your bike as your Carpe avatar Mr H !!  :rotflmmfao:  

Edited by Gdogg, 16 December 2019 - 03:55 pm.

<p> Now Sold 😔......850 MK2A 4TX6 in Silver, Stainless steel hand rolled slip on end can, stainless 2into1 headers, K&N air filter, Hagon progressive front springs, Gdogg modified rear shock, Else Made "Ridgeback" Gel Seat, Gdogg under seat fender extender, Powrspark leads, Carbon fiber effect vinyl wrap fairing decals & logos, Michelin Pilot Road2's, V-Strom hand guards, Givi monorack & box (colour matched side rails).

#3796 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,080 posts

Posted 16 December 2019 - 04:52 pm

And the not so good, the clutch plates are stuck, tried rocking bike in gear lever pulled in, not happening for me. Going in there tomorrow.
Oh and my Bikevis leds seems to have gone pop one side. Just the niggles of storage.
2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

#3797 oldman

oldman

seems to like Carpe

• 78 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 16 December 2019 - 04:59 pm

Try running the engine until it warms up,hold front brake pull in clutch and put it in gear.Never failed for me so-far.Hope it works for you.

#3798 dandywarhol

dandywarhol

Carpe Citizen

• 5,324 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 16 December 2019 - 05:47 pm

Try running the engine until it warms up,hold front brake pull in clutch and put it in gear.Never failed for me so-far.Hope it works for you.

A safer method which won't break the gear dogs is to run alongside with the engine idling, snick into gear and jump aboard (best not to fall on yer arse doing this), pull in the clutch and blip the throttle til the plates free - shouldn't take much.

We made good money from Chrysler yonks back when dozens of new Chrysler Avengers had stuck clutches at the factory. The same tactics were used (although we didn't run alongside  :unsure2: ) but started them on the key and rocked in gear til it freed. Chrysler paid 2.5 hours per car to take the gearbox out!  :pimp:

1967 Yamaha TD1C 250, 2014 Kawasaki W800, 2011 Aprilia Tuono 1000 V4, 2020 Yamaha XSR900

"At the cutting edge of technophobia" Scotland_180-animated-flag-gifs.gif mccoy.gif

#3799 Catteeclan

Catteeclan

full o shoite

• 2,433 posts

Posted 16 December 2019 - 07:13 pm

Right, method No 3.
Strap the level in, let the bike run for long enough to get the oil well hot. Try clutch, still no good, re tie clutch and let it cool again. Often works but might save you some time.

2002 TDM900 Yellow

#3800 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,080 posts

Posted 16 December 2019 - 07:47 pm

I velcroed lever to bar overnight and will warm up in morning see if it lets go.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)