Carpe Calendar 2007

• Please log in to reply
294 replies to this topic

#281 Guest_Emmett_*

Guest_Emmett_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 February 2007 - 08:35 pm

QUOTE(Big Bird @ Wed 7th Feb 2007, 08:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ummm, dappers? You do know that we're already a week into Feb don't you?
When did you come out of hibernation?

Badgers shouldn't come out of hibernation till march, he must be up early because of that nice weather we were having. It's getting COLD again though, he might need to get back to the sett.

#282 MarkyMark

MarkyMark

900 going for ... 1000cc?

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 07 February 2007 - 08:42 pm

is this the longest thread we'v ever had?

XT1200Z - Big and bouncy

GTR1400 - Chaufer the wife.
XT660Z - Fun and commute.
TDM900 - Yellow.

#283 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,121 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 07 February 2007 - 10:10 pm

A week out is good for I. Hibernation....now that seem loike a very appealing idea at the mo.

Nah I think the "Rider statistics" thread was the longest....so long that it became heavy and sank...spent a few hours lookin for it once on the ole forum....but it was nowhere to be found.
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#284 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 10 February 2007 - 02:41 am

QUOTE(dapleb @ Wed 7th Feb 2007, 09:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A week out is good for I. Hibernation....now that seem loike a very appealing idea at the mo.

Nah I think the "Rider statistics" thread was the longest....so long that it became heavy and sank...spent a few hours lookin for it once on the ole forum....but it was nowhere to be found.

that the "Average weight of a TDM pilot" one i started on d'olde site ?? i searched fer that and couldn't find the feck !

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#285 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,121 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 09:09 am

No twas the "average Carpedian age" thread...complete with some lovely statistics.

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#286 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 10 February 2007 - 09:29 am

QUOTE(dapleb @ Sat 10th Feb 2007, 08:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No twas the "average Carpedian age" thread...complete with some lovely statistics.

Can somebody re-run the statistics? Would be interesting. cool.gif

Dinotrike.jpg "It's a TDM, Jim, but not as we know it"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAHmEWim3to

Diamond black TDM 900A TRIKE, 2006 ABS model converted by Trike Design (Caerphilly, South Wales) prior to first registration in March 2007.

#287 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,121 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 09:35 am

QUOTE(Pict @ Sat 10th Feb 2007, 09:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can somebody re-run the statistics? Would be interesting. cool.gif

I had some funky Stats software set up back then, so it was all very easy to update....and explain to you scientists! rolleyes.gif I would hazard a guess the age demographic ain't changed too much. mid to late farties would be my guess.

#288 Jez

Jez

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 10 February 2007 - 12:52 pm

QUOTE(dapleb @ Sat 10th Feb 2007, 11:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
mid to late farties would be my guess.

Then I am in the younger half. That hasn't happened for a while. I feel like a spring chicken again. woohoo! banana.gif
Red and black '96. Blue spot Thunderace calipers with braided two-line front hoses - 'kin brill. 17 incher out front. Renthal street/trail bars - vibe free. 1150GS brush guards. HIDs - niiiiice. Stebel Magnum - crikey. Nonfango hard luggage. Nexxus. SW-Motech center stand. Had a Powerbronze tall screen - too noisy - went back to standard.

Stealth Diamond Black 900 with lurvely black frame. GS brush guards. HotGrips on a relay - cos I keep forgetting. SW-Motech center stand and engine bars. LED rear light. Vario set to min. 17 incher. PR2s.

All now a fond (very fond) memory. Maybe again some day.

#289 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 10 February 2007 - 01:09 pm

QUOTE(dapleb @ Sat 10th Feb 2007, 09:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I had some funky Stats software set up back then, so it was all very easy to update....and explain to you scientists! rolleyes.gif I would hazard a guess the age demographic ain't changed too much. mid to late farties would be my guess.

..in which case I'm talking upper quartile (decile....)! dry.gif unsure.gif

Dinotrike.jpg "It's a TDM, Jim, but not as we know it"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAHmEWim3to

Diamond black TDM 900A TRIKE, 2006 ABS model converted by Trike Design (Caerphilly, South Wales) prior to first registration in March 2007.

#290 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,121 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 07:31 am

Missed the month of wee man me'self. Now lookin at Dylan's boike in its former glory, any news on it Dylan?

#291 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.

Posted 18 May 2007 - 07:36 am

QUOTE(dapleb @ Fri 18th May 2007, 08:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Missed the month of wee man me'self. Now lookin at Dylan's boike in its former glory, any news on it Dylan?

you just mentioned the war !

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

#292 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,121 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 07:37 am

Oil get me coat! ph34r.gif

#293 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,121 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 01:04 pm

And now we turn to July.

RTT contestants.

Someone showin off standin on their handlebars.

OwenMC in Spain

MB trailin through the scrub.

#294 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

• 12,211 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 01:43 pm

top lhs frame; well Buzz looks like a typical 900 rider, i look ready to fall over after dropping an anvil on me left foot, Gazman looks like he's very roundy shouldered, G&E............ahhhhhh wedded bliss, Rob 1 is really coo'ing up to that camera lens, PK has the biggest sunglasses ever seen to decorate a head, Spin's arm around his Son's shoulder looks fookin huge !!!, Emmett is indeed smaller then AE laugh.gif oh and Spongey don't look so old in this pic ! as fer the rest o' ye........a right motley crew indeed.

#295 Guest_Emmett_*

Guest_Emmett_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 July 2007 - 06:24 pm

QUOTE(wicklamulla @ Mon 2nd Jul 2007, 02:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Emmett is indeed smaller then AE laugh.gif

I'm going home, and I'm taking my ball with me. ranting.gif