#21 Catteeclan

Catteeclan

full o shoite

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,433 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 22 June 2020 - 06:44 pm

I've been changing more tyres, on cars, recently because of cracks. No so much rubber being used now days. What you guys are showing wouldn't worry me, I'll take a pic of the pilot road on the front of my dominator later, you lot will mess yourselves. :lol:

2002 TDM900 Yellow

#22 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,391 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 22 June 2020 - 07:00 pm

Bert Munro :)

Just contacted Avon.

Ready for a ding dong.............couldn't resist ;)

Single-handedly reviving the Wave.

2008 reg. Black TDM 900 ABS

#23 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 22 June 2020 - 07:07 pm

Ahh yes weeman they did. Was a similar fault too?
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#24 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 22 June 2020 - 07:12 pm

Ready for a ding ding, round one, more like. :lol:  Contacted them with all the fault/damage details....but forgot to tell them the actual tyre details....ooops.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#25 ramo

ramo

has been here 4ever

• 1,176 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 22 June 2020 - 08:05 pm

I had a pair of Conti road attacks do something similar 

these were the last pair of Conti's I bought, got them from Tyre tec, from the date on them I could see they were new tyres, not old stock,

from memory think I had done about 400 miles on them,

Supplied by Tyretec, they said "buy some new tyres and we will send these back for you,if they are faulty they will replace them,

but must warn you, they have never had a faulty pair"

this was about a week before I was due to go to Germany on the bike, so bought elsewhere

#26 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 22 June 2020 - 08:28 pm

Not very confidence inspiring Steve.  Just been looking at prices of new tyres.  Cheapest I've seen so far are ..you guessed it...Avon Storm 3D's at £169 a pair.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#27 chrisr

chrisr

has been here 4ever

• 1,745 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 22 June 2020 - 08:31 pm

I like them......

The Blue One : 2004 model owned 2010-2018 much loved, much missed and now living with a man in Scotland
The Black One : 2010 Model Registered 2013 owned 2018 - present.Beowulf Cans. Renthal 755s Grip Puppies,15w fork oil,DL650 handguards,givi engine bars,led spotlights,gipro gear indicator,shortened dogbones,LeeHenty CSM kit and stainless bits,Topsellerie seat,MRA Xcreen,grip puppies.PC III (dynoed). K&N airfilter,Fenda extenda.

#28 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 23 June 2020 - 12:03 pm

My local front tyre shop have quoted me for a BT 023, £90 fitted and balanced to a loose wheel, so I've ordered one.  Should be fitted tomorrow afternoon/Thurs am.

#29 chrisr

chrisr

has been here 4ever

• 1,745 posts

Posted 23 June 2020 - 12:42 pm

Do you have a different shop for the rears then?

The Blue One : 2004 model owned 2010-2018 much loved, much missed and now living with a man in Scotland
The Black One : 2010 Model Registered 2013 owned 2018 - present.Beowulf Cans. Renthal 755s Grip Puppies,15w fork oil,DL650 handguards,givi engine bars,led spotlights,gipro gear indicator,shortened dogbones,LeeHenty CSM kit and stainless bits,Topsellerie seat,MRA Xcreen,grip puppies.PC III (dynoed). K&N airfilter,Fenda extenda.

#30 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 23 June 2020 - 12:52 pm

Lolzio.

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#31 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 23 June 2020 - 02:23 pm

Do you have a different shop for the rears then?

Same shop, just use the rear door. :D

#32 AliG

AliG

has been here 4ever

• 1,444 posts

Posted 23 June 2020 - 02:31 pm

Same shop, just use the rear door. :D

And you don't even ride a niner!!

2004 900 - Blue with lots of goodies

2012 900 - Still adding shiny bits. Was black, changed to white and now back to black again.

#33 ramo

ramo

has been here 4ever

• 1,176 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 23 June 2020 - 08:02 pm

:good:  :rotflmmfao:

And you don't even ride a niner!!

#34 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 24 June 2020 - 11:22 am

Got a request from Avon asking for photos, soooo, just sent them a few.

#35 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 24 June 2020 - 11:25 am

Fingers crossed SR. Will be interesting to hear an explanation even if it involves "not us guv"

#36 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 24 June 2020 - 11:38 am

Quick reply, they said "We’d recommend returning the tyre to your supplier under warranty."  Soooo, now going to contact M&P see how long the warranty is for, might be out by a month if it's only 2yrs.

#37 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 24 June 2020 - 11:57 am

Isn't that Avon saying it's under warranty? Sounds like that to me.

If not, I wouldn't consider only 2 years of use to be a reasonable amount of time for a tyre to do that, especially considering the dangers involved.

#38 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 24 June 2020 - 12:15 pm

I agree on both points.  Just contacted M&P so will see how that spans out.  Looked at their warranty declaration and there's no mention of how long the warranty lasts on a tyre, just a paragraph of if's and buts and a mention of 60 days in general.

EDIT:  Just got an email from M&P

Hi Ian
 Sorry to read that!
 Please return the tyre to us, along with any correspondence you have with yourself and Avon (contact name if possible) and we can get this sorted.

Soooo, just need to post the tyre now and see what develops.

#39 chrisr

chrisr

has been here 4ever

• 1,745 posts

Posted 24 June 2020 - 12:18 pm

Was your correspondence with Avon or Cooper Ian?

#40 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 24 June 2020 - 12:30 pm

Yes. :lol:  Contact was to Avon Tyres on their website and reply and further emails were from coopertyre.com but signed by Avon Motorcycle Technical.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users