No replies to this topic

#1 Lightning

Lightning

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 127 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 16 September 2022 - 12:41 pm

Hi all, just a post about my experience of getting a ULEZ exemption.

So the basic standard for both ULEZ and CAZ for motorcycles is euro 3 (although as is stands councils so far have elected to exempt all motorcycles after some pressure from MAG I believe)

All newly registered bikes from July 2007 had to be to euro 3 spec, but DVLA never recorded the euro status or emissions of bikes until very recently, so transport for London and potentially the CAZ database decides if you are compliant or not based on the assumption that bikes registered after July 07 are euro 3, and bikes registered before are not.

My 2007 was registered in April so although it is a euro 3 engine I had to obtain a certificate of conformity from Yamaha for the sum of £75 to prove it. Hmph!

I sent a copy of this along with my logbook to transport for London who registered it as expempt within 24 hours...hats off to them!

Although unessesary at the moment, I also sent it to CAZ support who also very quickly and without question came back and said they have updated their records to show my bike is euro 3 and that DVLA will issue a new logbook.

Although strictly speaking I shouldn't have to have done all this if DVLA bothered to keep proper records in the first place, the whole process from applying for the certificate from Yamaha to getting the record updated has taken just 5 days, so worth the effort if ULEZ effects you!

Anyway, if you are still reading this boring story you must be bored.

Edited by Tdmnomore, 16 September 2022 - 12:42 pm.

For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users