#1 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,114 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 23 October 2022 - 11:53 am

Does tgat sentence written on a high vis mean that they are observing someone else to learn how to ride?

Indicating left while passing junctions and riding like a wombat!!
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#2 catsbum

catsbum

Sponsored by AutoGlym

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 7,057 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 23 October 2022 - 02:36 pm

I once spent a Saturday morning with a training school with an offer to become a riding instructor.

There was no structure end off. The six trainee's all came off at some point with the trainer losing it shouting and swearing and no encouragement.

I declined the offer.

Cats 

#3 drewpy

drewpy

has been here 4ever

• 1,758 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 25 October 2022 - 07:47 pm

just done my IAM advanced, these are volunteers who observe us to give advice etc on advanced riding.
After the course they take off the hi viz and blast away.

The guys on manchester500 are great and I learn't a lot from them

"As I Lay Rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I skid and begin to slide, please dear god protect my ride"

Mods; Oil pressure switch, neoprene rear inner mudguard, scottoiler, highway pegs,  fenda extenda, 1999 carbs and airbox, Kais suspension setup, later clutch springs, LED lamps, Metmachex swingarm, Hagon Shock, Oxford heated grips, 4 way fused accessory Bus, 17" 3CV front wheel, Michellin R6 tyres, GPS speedo, 5' ignition advance.

#4 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,114 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 25 October 2022 - 08:08 pm

Might wanna turn his ticken tocken off next time. Was painful to watch.
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#5 harvey krumpet

harvey krumpet

full o shoite

• 2,050 posts
  • TDM model: 1997

Posted 25 October 2022 - 08:40 pm

:rotflmmfao: All instructors are not created equal.

We did a course a few years ago, most of which followed a coastal route / racetrack.... The instructor turned up on a metric cruiser.

The idea was that he would follow and give directions / advice via the one way intercom as he observed our riding. Never heard a word from him, we had to stop half a dozen times for him to catch up.

He was really frustrated and purple faced at the end, vowing never to take us out again. The image is forever etched in my memory when he angrily shouted "What is it that you lot do not understand about speed?" I'm pretty sure the mud on his bike was collected while visiting the scenery but i was too polite to ask.

He should have got a clue what lay ahead when my girlfriend out braked him by 10 mtrs on her DT when he tried to show off how good ABS is during the braking exercise.  Apparently rolling stoppies are not "safe".

TDM 850 Loud and unusual. CRM 250r Woo hoo! DT 230 Lanza Fiddled with.... Bloody hell, is that legal? GG Randonee AKA "I didn't think that was possible".

#6 Snowbird

Snowbird

Just won't go.

• 1,354 posts
  • Location:Often on another planet, but mostly south Cambs. (St.Neots)
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 26 October 2022 - 06:45 am

Back when SWMBO did her intensive course/test for bikes she had her licence flagged as she had the ADI ticket for driving lessons so they ended up getting her to help with the highway code bits, nowt like getting paying customers working.

Current toys: '99 XT600E, 2000 4TX, '82 Princess 30DS (where the username comes from), No longer a '03 Fazer thou.

Save the planet, it's the only one with beer!

#7 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• 8,276 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 26 October 2022 - 08:17 am

I did my IAM test with a local club (TVAM based in Wokingham) some years back.  Nobody wore high vis "observer" jackets and they were generally a decent bunch on everything from cruisers to sports bikes.  I learned a few things and definitely improved my riding, plus went on some decent social rides with them and found some nice roads I didn't know.

1992 Mk1, 76k miles, Hagon springs, MTC exhaust, 4½ gears Gone now :(
2009 900 abs, 42k miles, Yamaha heated grips, double bubble screen, R&G crash bungs, scottoiler, Autocom, 1500 lumen LED spotlights.

post-1-1152402501.jpgpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#8 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,394 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 26 October 2022 - 09:44 am

Was going to comment on this topic but :cake eating: got the better of me.........

Single-handedly reviving the Wave.

2008 reg. Black TDM 900 ABS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users