#121 Toraneko

Toraneko

Carpe Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 14 March 2010 - 10:22 pm

Just a quick note to all who are interested in attending the TDUT 2010. Go to the TDUT 2010 thread to get yourself added to the list.

thanks.

IBI, I sent you a PM.
cheers, Shane from Tassie

Airbox Mod ( JBX ), Krauser K-wing mount & Top Box, TDM Shield a.k.a TigerScreen Mk 2, HyperPro progressive rate fork springs, BeoWulf - Warrior exhausts,
Stebel Compact Nautilus Air-Horn with Eastern Beaver relay kit, Eastern Beaver PC-8 switched fusebox, Powerlet BMW style power socket
plus controller & heated gloves for the missus. Oxford v7 Heated Grips, V-Strom 650 HandGuards, Fenda extenda.

#122 ibi

ibi

sticking around

• 23 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 14 March 2010 - 10:49 pm

TDMtorenko...
Didn't received nothing yet

where can i find TDUT 2010 thread

Edited by ibi, 14 March 2010 - 10:51 pm.

#123 Toraneko

Toraneko

Carpe Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 02:20 am

QUOTE(ibi @ Mon 15th Mar 2010, 09:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
TDMtorenko...
Didn't received nothing yet
where can i find TDUT 2010 thread

You found it already Here

Airbox Mod ( JBX ), Krauser K-wing mount & Top Box, TDM Shield a.k.a TigerScreen Mk 2, HyperPro progressive rate fork springs, BeoWulf - Warrior exhausts,
Stebel Compact Nautilus Air-Horn with Eastern Beaver relay kit, Eastern Beaver PC-8 switched fusebox, Powerlet BMW style power socket
plus controller & heated gloves for the missus. Oxford v7 Heated Grips, V-Strom 650 HandGuards, Fenda extenda.

#124 AL-58

AL-58

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 16 March 2010 - 10:20 pm

Put me down as a maybe for the Friday/Saturday only. No way I can get there before that and I might not have a TDM by then (picking up an F800GS this Friday)

Al

tdm850-spike.jpgtdm900-kosciuszko-05.jpg

#125 Guest_graeme_*

Guest_graeme_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 March 2010 - 09:14 am

QUOTE(AL-58 @ Wed 17th Mar 2010, 09:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Put me down as a maybe for the Friday/Saturday only. No way I can get there before that and I might not have a TDM by then (picking up an F800GS this Friday)

Al

Hi Al, that would be just excellent! You have been so listed, F800 welcome.
cheers Graeme

#126 Fernihough

Fernihough

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • TDM model: 2005

Posted 17 March 2010 - 10:07 am

QUOTE(cypher @ Thu 17th Dec 2009, 01:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Silver 2002 TDM in Mildura (far NW VIC) - I've just got back from 6 days in the mountains, ride report here. I'd be interested in a TDM group ride sometime, although I struggle to get away from work at times. Omeo would be good, I preferred Tallangatta but I don't think the pub has many beds....

Thanks for this ride report. clapping.gif
Really nice . It was a few months ago. I hope you have kept your points on your licence! Your comment reminded me on my wife's experience with her company. We are French but live in the UK. She applied for a car allowance and got to fill a form. She stated that she had all her point. The H&S department sent her to a driving course. She only found out later that while the French system takes points away when you are caught by the police, the UK system adds points rolleyes.gif She was called as a bad driver although she never had a ticket!!!

Darwin theory in action - Natural evolution from 4 legs to 2, from 4 wheels to 2

Yam DTR125 / Yam TTR250 / Blue TDM900 2005

Fender extension; Right miror extension; Tutoro oiler; Frank Thomas leather Bullit Retro Jacket with Knox back protector for normal time and textile jacket with forcefield 4 for long trips, monolock plate with E45 GIVI top case, Michelin PR2

#127 Toraneko

Toraneko

Carpe Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 11:27 pm

I count 26 Oz TDMers so far. I'm sure there are more than that.

#128 gateman

gateman

discovering Carpe

• 11 posts
  • TDM model: none yet

Posted 27 March 2010 - 11:15 am

Sorry to sound stupid but when is this to happen?

#129 Guest_graeme_*

Guest_graeme_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 March 2010 - 11:21 am

QUOTE(gateman @ Sat 27th Mar 2010, 10:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry to sound stupid but when is this to happen?

Hi Gateman, not a problem, but rather than say it all again just go back and click on the "TDUT 2010 Put your name here" topic and the first posting tells it all. Hope you can come.
cheers Graeme

Edited by graeme, 27 March 2010 - 11:21 am.

#130 DevoTDM

DevoTDM

really likes Carpe

• 85 posts
  • TDM model: 2005

Posted 11 May 2010 - 02:42 am

Would love to go along. Drove the Alpine way last year (ran into Graeme) and swore I'd take the 900 back for a visit.

I'm going to use up a bit of leave going to Europe in June but if I'm careful I should have enough for five days in Omeo/Alps. Should come across a lot of bikers heading to PI on the way down. Ran into a few in SA coming back from the Ulysees AGM a few weeks ago. Always good to chat to other riders.

Will have to get cracking and get that cruise control.

Where can I get the "TDUT 2010" t-shirts, stickers, fridge magnets, mugs, etc? biggrin.gif

#131 Guest_graeme_*

Guest_graeme_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 May 2010 - 10:43 am

QUOTE(DevoTDM @ Tue 11th May 2010, 12:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Would love to go along. Drove the Alpine way last year (ran into Graeme) and swore I'd take the 900 back for a visit.

I'm going to use up a bit of leave going to Europe in June but if I'm careful I should have enough for five days in Omeo/Alps. Should come across a lot of bikers heading to PI on the way down. Ran into a few in SA coming back from the Ulysees AGM a few weeks ago. Always good to chat to other riders.

Will have to get cracking and get that cruise control.

Where can I get the "TDUT 2010" t-shirts, stickers, fridge magnets, mugs, etc? biggrin.gif

Thats really good news, you are on the list. So happens there is an opening for a promotion and maketing person-------- rolleyes.gif
cheers Graeme

#132 Toraneko

Toraneko

Carpe Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 11:32 am

QUOTE(DevoTDM @ Tue 11th May 2010, 12:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

laugh.gif There's always one in the bunch. wink.gif

Carpe TDM members please feel free to submit some designs for the above to: Aaron, Promotions officer, c/- this website. tongue.gif hide.gif

#133 gateman

gateman

discovering Carpe

• 11 posts
  • TDM model: none yet

Posted 17 June 2010 - 08:34 am

So TDM2340
I never see your bike around town.
I get down that way a bit with business and always keep an eye out for TDM's
Only ever seen two on the road in 40,000k's

#134 EddieGlitter

EddieGlitter

arrived on last train

• 5 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 08 November 2010 - 01:27 am

QUOTE(gateman @ Thu 17th Jun 2010, 06:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So TDM2340
I never see your bike around town.
I get down that way a bit with business and always keep an eye out for TDM's
Only ever seen two on the road in 40,000k's

Hi, took delivery of a 2002 Yellow 900 yesterday. So add another one to Brisbane. Small oil leak from the gearbox top plate to sort out before any long trips.

#135 kmax

kmax

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 161 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 24 February 2011 - 01:27 am

i met one Aussie TDM rider in Singapore.

I was at orchard road (shopping center area), parking my bike on pavement (oops... dunno.gif ) and he came over for conversation.

Glenn from Queensland.. nice to meet fellow TDM rider, he is interested in semi-offroad front tyres that i am using,
He was told that insurance would void if he were to use non-approved tyres..

is that such in Aussie ?

Edited by kmax, 24 February 2011 - 01:29 am.

#136 Toraneko

Toraneko

Carpe Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 09:33 am

[quote name='kmax' date='Thu 24th Feb 2011, 12:27 PM' post='196326'

Glenn from Queensland.. nice to meet fellow TDM rider, he is interested in semi-offroad front tyres that i am using,
He was told that insurance would void if he were to use non-approved tyres..

is that such in Aussie ?
[/quote]

That's correct. If you have an accident & your insurance company finds out you're running a rear tyre on the front wheel your claim is null & void. Your MAIB eligability will probably suffer as well.
I had trouble even getting a tyre fitted here in Hobart. Yamaha dealer would do it but only if I signed a disclaimer.

Another reason why I ended up trading the TDM on a Tiger 800, lots more rubber to choose from. good.gif

drinks.gif

#137 masterbrewer

masterbrewer

has been here 4ever

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 29 October 2011 - 09:26 pm

good.gif

When my TDM was "written off" by skippy, I had a 140/80/17 Heidenau K60 on the rear & an IRC GP110 410.S18 rear reversed on the front & the insurance assessor commented how good the tread was on the tyre before OK ing my claim.

Go figure blush.gif

drinks.gif

#138 Toraneko

Toraneko

Carpe Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 02:32 am

QUOTE(masterbrewer @ Sun 30th Oct 2011, 08:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
good.gif

When my TDM was "written off" by skippy, I had a 140/80/17 Heidenau K60 on the rear & an IRC GP110 410.S18 rear reversed on the front & the insurance assessor commented how good the tread was on the tyre before OK ing my claim.

Go figure blush.gif

drinks.gif

Who's your insurance company? clapping.gif I May have to phone them. tongue.gif

#139 masterbrewer

masterbrewer

has been here 4ever

• 1,553 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 31 October 2011 - 12:06 pm

good.gif
QUOTE(Toraneko @ Mon 31st Oct 2011, 01:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Who's your insurance company? clapping.gif I May have to phone them. tongue.gif

Shannons

Got all my riding gear replaced too. The trouble is that it looks too clean to get dirty, so I've put it in the wardrobe & am still using the old sewn up gear. yeahbaby.gif

Good luck

drinks.gif

Edited by masterbrewer, 31 October 2011 - 12:09 pm.

#140 AzzA

AzzA

Knows more than an horses arse!

• 1,548 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 01 November 2011 - 02:25 am

I've got everything insured with Shannons too... no claims to mention but their rates are the best if you talk to the right person and don't pay the advertised rate. wink.gif

gallery_10460_302_12664.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users