94 replies to this topic

#81 TDMTAM

TDMTAM

Carpe Citizen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,205 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 17 February 2011 - 08:25 am

I desided to go with the second hand i-phone 3gs & will try it out for the next month or so then when my contract is up will either go sim only & reduce my phone bill or if I dont get on with the I-phone 3gs I will punt it on ( I know I will get more than I paid for it) & go for the HTC I did go & have a wee shot of it at the store & it does lookm as good as the I-phone to me.
May be we need to start an Apps thread in Hyde Park ?
2008 TDM 900 in BLACK, MRA Vario, DL handguards & more to come
1994 TDM 850 mkI Silver, with Blueflame end can, Gone to a new owner & I kinda miss her!

th_09062006104.jpg th_02012009095.jpg

Only a Biker knows why a Dog sticks it head out the car window

#82 3vd

3vd

PM Sent

• 2,665 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 17 February 2011 - 01:30 pm

QUOTE(CatsBum @ Thu 17th Feb 2011, 01:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I like the HTC, but its wasted on me. Bought a replacement battery and that seems to have sorted that out.
There is so much you can do with them. I use it for texting music and the odd call.

I liked the Iphone 3gs, will go back to one I think

PM Sent.

#83 Radio_am

Radio_am

seems to like Carpe

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 71 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 17 February 2011 - 03:51 pm

QUOTE(MattG @ Thu 3rd Feb 2011, 08:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
HTC desire. Does everything I want and I manage the battery life by not having mobile data connection switched on all the time.

Yep, that's how mine rolls.
The best part about falling off your bike is realising you can stand up under your own weight afterwards.

#84 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• 9,336 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 17 February 2011 - 04:22 pm

i use juice defender to control how often data connections etc are activated, it means i can use it on and off all day and not have a problem

i have an extended battery for when i'm out for the whole weekend and that lasts ok too

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#85 jht

jht

has been here 4ever

• 1,769 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 17 February 2011 - 06:45 pm

QUOTE(TonyDevil @ Thu 17th Feb 2011, 04:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i use juice defender to control how often data connections etc are activated, it means i can use it on and off all day and not have a problem

i have an extended battery for when i'm out for the whole weekend and that lasts ok too

Which extended battery u using chum?

Right, on 3rd handset and this time nice man at Vodafone informed me that if this one iffy I get a new handset of my choice...

so any opinions on HTC Desire HD compared to Desire?
Done: Homo sap navigation/ twisty thing on bars to make it go vroom/ grabby thing to make it stop (in front of twisty thing)/ 'leccy things front and rear to make it glow at night/ Sucky + drippy oiler thing to keep chains moist (!!) / Laser Pro Stock Race pipes / bleeding ear drums (see previous mod)
To do: Educate homo sap nav system to operate twisty + grabby things/ get ear plugs

All Trashed Now... Pants... its a Cat B Mwahahaha it lives again!!

Remember every driver is a deaf myoptic twat who is out to kill you, ALWAYS assume they are going to do THE most f*cking DUMBASS, STUPID manouver possible, at the worst possible moment; get past, and get past quick

#86 JollyGiant

JollyGiant

Crap Citizen

• 3,406 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 08:13 pm

As far as I know the HD is physically bigger has a better camera (obviously shoots in HD) runs Android 2.2.. Is all I know as I don't get mine till tomorrow!!

But will let you know.....

My Super Modded TDM has gone to a new home :(

I'm now a carbon whore!

#87 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• 8,275 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 17 February 2011 - 08:27 pm

QUOTE(Jolly Giant @ Thu 17th Feb 2011, 08:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
runs Android 2.2..

So does the standard Desire. HD gets a bigger screen (though still resolution), faster processor and more memory, but is bigger and eats the battery faster.

1992 Mk1, 76k miles, Hagon springs, MTC exhaust, 4½ gears Gone now :(
2009 900 abs, 42k miles, Yamaha heated grips, double bubble screen, R&G crash bungs, scottoiler, Autocom, 1500 lumen LED spotlights.

post-1-1152402501.jpgpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#88 jht

jht

has been here 4ever

• 1,769 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 17 February 2011 - 10:17 pm

QUOTE(ChrisG @ Thu 17th Feb 2011, 08:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
and eats the battery faster. dry.gif blink.gif huh.gif Yea Gods.. is that possible?!?

Done: Homo sap navigation/ twisty thing on bars to make it go vroom/ grabby thing to make it stop (in front of twisty thing)/ 'leccy things front and rear to make it glow at night/ Sucky + drippy oiler thing to keep chains moist (!!) / Laser Pro Stock Race pipes / bleeding ear drums (see previous mod)
To do: Educate homo sap nav system to operate twisty + grabby things/ get ear plugs

All Trashed Now... Pants... its a Cat B Mwahahaha it lives again!!

Remember every driver is a deaf myoptic twat who is out to kill you, ALWAYS assume they are going to do THE most f*cking DUMBASS, STUPID manouver possible, at the worst possible moment; get past, and get past quick

#89 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• 8,275 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 17 February 2011 - 10:23 pm

What on earth do you do with yours? Mine's showing 56% batery and it came off charge at 6am yesterday. Admittedtly it sits on airplane mode at work and I don't have any friends to talk to but I browse the web with it a fair bit.

1992 Mk1, 76k miles, Hagon springs, MTC exhaust, 4½ gears Gone now :(
2009 900 abs, 42k miles, Yamaha heated grips, double bubble screen, R&G crash bungs, scottoiler, Autocom, 1500 lumen LED spotlights.

post-1-1152402501.jpgpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#90 JollyGiant

JollyGiant

Crap Citizen

• 3,406 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 08:57 am

Ok so I've had my Desire HD since 2:30pm yesterday and charged it up fully used it constantly for nearly 3hrs doing contacts, setting stuff up and again for 2 1/2 hrs this morning downloading apps, facebook, adding peoples e-mails etc and the battery is only now on 60%.... So wether the HD has a bigger or better battery I don't know.....

I am really pleased with it too, it's the 1st smartphone i've had where my finger don't hit 9 keys at once and I can type fairly quick with it!!

Why can't I set my own text tone?? I did bluetooth a couple of sounds from my old phone but can't find where they went yet!!!!

Speaker isn't very loud (yes I have turned it up!!!!)

I'm now a carbon whore!

#91 celticbiker

celticbiker

has been here 4ever

• 1,726 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 19 February 2011 - 01:36 pm

JG
You can find everything you need to know over at Android forums, it's just like here but with phones.

(\__/) This is bunny. Copy and paste

(x'.'x) bunny onto your page to help

(")-(") him gain world domination!

#92 Andersen

Andersen

enuff posts to fill a 50cc

• 58 posts
  • TDM model: 1995

Posted 23 February 2011 - 08:14 am

QUOTE(Jolly Giant @ Sat 19th Feb 2011, 09:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why can't I set my own text tone?? I did bluetooth a couple of sounds from my old phone but can't find where they went yet!!!!

Plug it in to your computer and find the folders called Ringtones and Notifications these files are available for use as...Ringtone and Notifications.
Now guess where to put your music files dry.gif
You should also get an app for browsing your files(you know like Windows explorer on your pc) like ES file explorer Android market

/Andersen

Picture of the plugedin HTC DesireHD plugedIn

#93 JollyGiant

JollyGiant

Crap Citizen

• 3,406 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 11:33 am

QUOTE(Andersen @ Wed 23rd Feb 2011, 08:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Plug <Snip> HTC DesireHD plugedIn

Thanks sorted now and i have all my silly text tones backs good.gif

Done it over bluetooth....

Edit to add I'm crap at Angry Birds but I am sooooo addicted to it now!!!

Edited by Jolly Giant, 23 February 2011 - 11:33 am.

I'm now a carbon whore!

#94 JollyGiant

JollyGiant

Crap Citizen

• 3,406 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 06:36 pm

Ok yes they are back but they are sooo quiet...

Is there a app to make the speaker louder!!!

I'm now a carbon whore!

#95 Andersen

Andersen

enuff posts to fill a 50cc

• 58 posts
  • TDM model: 1995

Posted 24 February 2011 - 11:27 am

You could use mp3gain (PC) to make mp3-files louder.
This is also good for ajusting files - heres from the webpage:
Tired of reaching for your volume knob every time your mp3 player changes to a new song?
MP3Gain analyzes and adjusts mp3 files so that they have the same volume.

Mp3gain

/Andersen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users