stu

full o shoite

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 25 September 2007 - 07:22 am

QUOTE(XTreme @ Tue 25th Sep 2007, 07:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The mods are between a rock and a hard place, they have to be seen to do something or these various minority factions start yelling injustice, racism, homophobia in every situation where things don't go their way.
Thank God I got out of Britain and moved to rural inland Spain where traditional values still exist.

Do they still have traditional queer bashing in Spain? rolleyes.gif

Stu

#22 Guest_blarsen_*

Guest_blarsen_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 September 2007 - 07:36 am

QUOTE(XTreme @ Tue 25th Sep 2007, 08:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thank God I got out of Britain and moved to rural inland Spain where traditional values still exist.

The country where men are men and sheep are nervous?

QUOTE(stormy @ Mon 24th Sep 2007, 11:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lifes too short to get into a battle of words on the internet, found that out before.

Let's see if this topic stays put then. smile.gif

Edited by blarsen, 25 September 2007 - 07:37 am.

#23 XTreme

XTreme

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 195 posts
  • TDM model: 1998

Posted 25 September 2007 - 07:40 am

QUOTE(stu @ Tue 25th Sep 2007, 09:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do they still have traditional queer bashing in Spain? rolleyes.gif
They never had it in the first place. And I wouldn't class "queer bashing" as a traditional value, anymore than I'd consider race related violence a traditional value.Both examples were extreme behaviour perpetrated by a small minority of mindless thugs.When I speak of traditional values I'm talking about family units being strong, a community spirit, children being safe playing in the street, women being safe to walk the street alone.Yes, you can find plenty of reports of crime on the Costas (mainly caused by immigrants)....but I don't live in those environments.
QUOTE(blarsen @ Tue 25th Sep 2007, 09:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The country where men are men and sheep are nervous?
No blarsen....I moved from Wales to Spain....not the other way round.

#24 Guest_blarsen_*

Guest_blarsen_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 September 2007 - 07:47 am

QUOTE(XTreme @ Tue 25th Sep 2007, 09:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No blarsen....I moved from Wales to Spain....not the other way round.

My sincerest apologies. I didn't notice that you were Welsh.

#25 XTreme

XTreme

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 195 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 07:55 am

QUOTE(blarsen @ Tue 25th Sep 2007, 09:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My sincerest apologies. I didn't notice that you were Welsh.

No need for apologies blarsen....we're sheepshaggers. And we know it! Anywhere, anytime, any sheep.....except of course by kiddie's playgrounds. smile.gif
And I'm a particularly badass Welshman.....I even went to Chapel in my Levis once! unsure.gif

#26 Guest_blarsen_*

Guest_blarsen_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 September 2007 - 08:11 am

QUOTE(XTreme @ Tue 25th Sep 2007, 09:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No need for apologies blarsen....we're sheepshaggers. And we know it! Anywhere, anytime, any sheep.....except of course by kiddie's playgrounds. smile.gif

Yeah, I know. That's why I wouldn't have brought it up if I had realized you were welsh. tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

#27 OF.uk

OF.uk

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts
  • TDM model: none yet

Posted 25 September 2007 - 08:11 am

The reason I stopped visiting sv.org was due to the ridiculous over-censorship. people were getting bollo**ed and banned right left and centre for their views.
I enjoy the more relaxed and open discussions/debates that go on here. We have these in our normal day to day lives with family and friends, so why not on here.

Thinking of visiting Hungary? Then visit my website http://explore-hungary.com/
1993 Yamaha xt600 supermoto

#28 Hawmaw

Hawmaw

900 going for ... 1000cc?

• 933 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 08:38 am

He He, This is a good thread. laugh.gif

Wickys post about Carpe being busy turns on it's head and becomes a debate about what's PC & what's not !!

I must admit , I like this forum because unlike some others I've been on it's not full of offensive name calling and personal
shit. I don't mind a bit of un-pc banter because there's the potential to offend everyone , but if it becomes personal aimed at
one or two people then it has to stop. And I agree that if somebody complains then it has to be deleted.

I find it amusing that the comment about homosexuals has been taken out but no-one is bothered about sheep-shagging
Welsh folk, I find this very offensive , everyone knows that Aberdonians are the only true sheep-shaggers! rotflmmfao.gif

Now : Nowt
Then : Yamaha TDM850 4TX , Suzuki GSF1200N Bandit , Yamaha TDM850 3VD , Yamaha 600 Fazer , Suzuki GSXR750G , Honda CB1100F , BMW R75/5 , Yamaha RD250E , Yamaha XS250 , Kawasaki Z250C , Lambretta GP150 , Vespa 150 Super

#29 OF.uk

OF.uk

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts
  • TDM model: none yet

Posted 25 September 2007 - 08:46 am

Being a Yorkshireman, I thought we were the only true sheepshaggers. tongue.gif BTW, I'm Spartacus! wink.gif

Edited by OF.uk, 25 September 2007 - 08:47 am.

Thinking of visiting Hungary? Then visit my website http://explore-hungary.com/
1993 Yamaha xt600 supermoto

#30 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• 9,336 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 25 September 2007 - 10:23 am

No ..... I'm Spartacus!

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#31 XTreme

XTreme

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 195 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 10:45 am

You Jocks and Northern Monkeys are just wannabe sheep shaggers......stick to your haggis and whippets.

Your kind make me sick.....but not in a gay way obviously!

Oh god....I done it again! So here's a disclaimer.....not that there's anything wrong with that of course!

Oh no....now I've blasphemed as well....so here goes.....I repent for taking the Lord's name in vain!

Am I in the clear now? unsure.gif

#32 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 25 September 2007 - 10:51 am

QUOTE(OF.uk @ Tue 25th Sep 2007, 08:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The reason I stopped visiting sv.org was due to the ridiculous over-censorship. people were getting bollo**ed and banned right left and centre for their views.
I enjoy the more relaxed and open discussions/debates that go on here. We have these in our normal day to day lives with family and friends, so why not on here.

I agree about free speech and open discussion / debate, and I hate PC with a vengeance, but there is a difference between fora like Carpe and "everyday life". In a face-to face discussion there's more sense of when trouble is arising and so thiings can be toned down or corrected, whereas here it's a bit like the old e-mail problem of possible misinterpretation, made worse by the fact that we don't know who all is reading what we write. There's also a difference between debate and dogma - statements being made about individuals or groups, in often strong terminology. Carpe is a cracking forum - the technical knowhow is superb, there's a great atmosphere of friendship and helpfulness, and being English-speaking (mainly) allows it to be international and different from the French, Germqan, Italian etc., and so kind of special. Membership is growing and it would be a shame for things to go sour. So without going starchy about it, we do need to be a bit careful about tone and content - we may be English-speaking but we're (operating in) a real social and cultural jigsaw, and long may it continue.

Sorry - just 2 bawbees'-worth from this "haggis basher" smile.gif .

Dinotrike.jpg "It's a TDM, Jim, but not as we know it"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAHmEWim3to

Diamond black TDM 900A TRIKE, 2006 ABS model converted by Trike Design (Caerphilly, South Wales) prior to first registration in March 2007.

#33 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 25 September 2007 - 10:55 am

QUOTE(Pict @ Tue 25th Sep 2007, 11:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
it would be a shame for things to go sour.

They won't, in general this forum does a great job of self moderating itself.
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#34 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• 8,275 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 25 September 2007 - 10:56 am

QUOTE(XTreme @ Tue 25th Sep 2007, 11:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You Jocks and Northern Monkeys are just wannabe sheep shaggers......

Apparently my family is originaly form Scotland but an ancestor moved to Devon to avoid being hung for stealing sheep. at least, I think they said stealing... rolleyes.gif

1992 Mk1, 76k miles, Hagon springs, MTC exhaust, 4½ gears Gone now :(
2009 900 abs, 42k miles, Yamaha heated grips, double bubble screen, R&G crash bungs, scottoiler, Autocom, 1500 lumen LED spotlights.

post-1-1152402501.jpgpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#35 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 25 September 2007 - 11:01 am

QUOTE(ChrisG @ Tue 25th Sep 2007, 11:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
at least, I think they said stealing... rolleyes.gif

laugh.gif
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#36 XTreme

XTreme

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 195 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 11:04 am

QUOTE(ChrisG @ Tue 25th Sep 2007, 12:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Apparently my family is originaly form Scotland but an ancestor moved to Devon to avoid being hung for stealing sheep. at least, I think they said stealing... rolleyes.gif

So you have a Celtic heritage.....and you're openly admitting to being a soft southern shandy drinking toff? Where's it all going to end? unsure.gif

#37 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• 8,275 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 25 September 2007 - 11:07 am

QUOTE(XTreme @ Tue 25th Sep 2007, 11:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So you have a Celtic heritage.....and you're openly admitting to being a soft southern shandy drinking toff? Where's it all going to end? unsure.gif

Yeah but the Gray family tartan is a crap green one.

Besides, I'm not a shandy drinker. My family now produce Grays cider down in Devon! good.gif

Hang on a minute, you're a lot further south than I am! blink.gif

1992 Mk1, 76k miles, Hagon springs, MTC exhaust, 4½ gears Gone now :(
2009 900 abs, 42k miles, Yamaha heated grips, double bubble screen, R&G crash bungs, scottoiler, Autocom, 1500 lumen LED spotlights.

post-1-1152402501.jpgpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#38 stu

stu

full o shoite

• 2,060 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 25 September 2007 - 11:34 am

QUOTE(Pict @ Tue 25th Sep 2007, 11:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
. Membership is growing and it would be a shame for things to go sour. So without going starchy about it, we do need to be a bit careful about tone and content - we may be English-speaking but we're (operating in) a real social and cultural jigsaw, and long may it continue.

I'll second that.

Now, about politics and religion.... cool.gif

Stu

#39 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 25 September 2007 - 11:39 am

well being a Wicklow man we too are indeed true sheep lovers and not just yer typical sheep shaggers, speaaking of which,

'cum'ere ta me Dolly dahling and show me that noice brazilian ya recently had done'

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#40 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 25 September 2007 - 11:44 am

QUOTE(dapleb @ Tue 25th Sep 2007, 11:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They won't, in general this forum does a great job of self moderating itself.

We know that, but it takes time, and I'm concerned (wearing my PR hat this time) what passing visitors in the meantime will think - they're liable to get the wrong impression about our culture and politics and p*** off for good. Some will say "So what?- it's our doorstep and we can cr*p on it if we like" but I'd like to think of us doing better than that.

Dinotrike.jpg "It's a TDM, Jim, but not as we know it"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAHmEWim3to

Diamond black TDM 900A TRIKE, 2006 ABS model converted by Trike Design (Caerphilly, South Wales) prior to first registration in March 2007.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users