TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,336 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 25 September 2007 - 11:47 am

QUOTE(wicklamulla @ Tue 25th Sep 2007, 12:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
'cum'ere ta me Dolly dahling and show me that noice brazilian ya recently had done'

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#42 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 25 September 2007 - 11:53 am

QUOTE(Pict @ Tue 25th Sep 2007, 12:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We know that, but it takes time, and I'm concerned (wearing my PR hat this time) what passing visitors in the meantime will think - they're liable to get the wrong impression about our culture and politics and p*** off for good. Some will say "So what?- it's our doorstep and we can cr*p on it if we like" but I'd like to think of us doing better than that.

don't you always wear yer PR hat or does it get swapped round ala Wurzel Gummidge and his different heads/roles ????
this site has always been the way it is now (in my opinion), actually it's alot less off topic than say about 3 years back and while i'm not averse to change i'm also of the opinion if it aint broke don't fix it, but if the greater population of this site deem it necessary to change then so be it and it shud be put to a vote or "we" can like it or lump it i suppose ??

Edited by wicklamulla, 25 September 2007 - 11:54 am.

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#43 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• 8,276 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 25 September 2007 - 11:54 am

Now do you want to tell us why you happen to have a statue of a nervous looking sheep?

1992 Mk1, 76k miles, Hagon springs, MTC exhaust, 4½ gears Gone now :(
2009 900 abs, 42k miles, Yamaha heated grips, double bubble screen, R&G crash bungs, scottoiler, Autocom, 1500 lumen LED spotlights.

post-1-1152402501.jpgpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#44 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.

Posted 25 September 2007 - 11:56 am

anyway tis busy in 'ere huh wink.gif

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

#45 OF.uk

OF.uk

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts
  • TDM model: none yet

Posted 25 September 2007 - 11:58 am

QUOTE(Pict @ Tue 25th Sep 2007, 12:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We know that, but it takes time, and I'm concerned (wearing my PR hat this time) what passing visitors in the meantime will think - they're liable to get the wrong impression about our culture and politics and p*** off for good. Some will say "So what?- it's our doorstep and we can cr*p on it if we like" but I'd like to think of us doing better than that.

I doubt one topic out of all the other topics and posts would put a potential member off. I'm sure the excellent advice, communal spirit and light hearted banter far out-weighs the odd extreme personal opinion

Thinking of visiting Hungary? Then visit my website http://explore-hungary.com/
1993 Yamaha xt600 supermoto

#46 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

• 12,211 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 12:00 pm

QUOTE(OF.uk @ Tue 25th Sep 2007, 12:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I doubt one topic out of all the other topics and posts would put a potential member off. I'm sure the excellent advice, communal spirit and light hearted banter far out-weighs the odd extreme personal opinion

off topic, mars bar and crunchie warning; oil have to delete yer post Of.uk and cum round yer hoose (In Starving) and lock ya up in a box ! unsure.gif smile.gif

Edited by wicklamulla, 25 September 2007 - 12:01 pm.

#47 OF.uk

OF.uk

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 12:10 pm

QUOTE(wicklamulla @ Tue 25th Sep 2007, 12:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
off topic, mars bar and crunchie warning; oil have to cum round yer hoose (In Starving) and lock ya up in a box ! unsure.gif smile.gif

I wouldn't bother, I don't have any cake laugh.gif

#48 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,117 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 25 September 2007 - 12:11 pm

QUOTE(OF.uk @ Tue 25th Sep 2007, 12:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't have any cake laugh.gif

ABORT MISSION...I repeat ABORT MISSION.
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#49 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

• 12,211 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 12:13 pm

QUOTE(dapleb @ Tue 25th Sep 2007, 12:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ABORT MISSION...I repeat ABORT MISSION.

this is great fun !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#50 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• 8,276 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 25 September 2007 - 12:15 pm

QUOTE(wicklamulla @ Tue 25th Sep 2007, 12:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
this is great fun !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fun??????? How can it be fun? The poor bloke's got no cake! blink.gif

1992 Mk1, 76k miles, Hagon springs, MTC exhaust, 4½ gears Gone now :(
2009 900 abs, 42k miles, Yamaha heated grips, double bubble screen, R&G crash bungs, scottoiler, Autocom, 1500 lumen LED spotlights.

post-1-1152402501.jpgpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#51 OF.uk

OF.uk

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 12:18 pm

QUOTE(ChrisG @ Tue 25th Sep 2007, 01:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Fun??????? How can it be fun? The poor bloke's got no cake! blink.gif

Panic not! I've just checked the fridge and there's 2 pieces of Tesco's caramel shortcake left. One's mine ranting.gif and the other one's Erika's (unless someone gets round here and eats it before she gets home, but I doubt Wicky can here that quickly laugh.gif )

#52 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 25 September 2007 - 12:25 pm

QUOTE(wicklamulla @ Tue 25th Sep 2007, 12:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
don't you always wear yer PR hat or does it get swapped round ala Wurzel Gummidge and his different heads/roles ????

Sad - thought you knew me better than that. Ah well. FWIW, I was just making a point "in the spirit of open debate", out of concern for a good forum, but if I take flak for it from a would-be hard core, tough titty on me - I've had worse. At least I'll follow my own senses of what should be, and get me coat if need be.

Dinotrike.jpg "It's a TDM, Jim, but not as we know it"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAHmEWim3to

Diamond black TDM 900A TRIKE, 2006 ABS model converted by Trike Design (Caerphilly, South Wales) prior to first registration in March 2007.

#53 jht

jht

has been here 4ever

• 1,769 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 25 September 2007 - 12:31 pm

QUOTE(ChrisG @ Tue 25th Sep 2007, 12:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Now do you want to tell us why you happen to have a statue of a nervous looking sheep?

http://www.carpe-tdm...?showtopic=5734

Think post No6 should answer ya question.......... i hope blink.gif blink.gif unsure.gif

No really I hope that's why!!!!!!!!!!

rotflmmfao.gif rotflmmfao.gif

Edited by jht, 25 September 2007 - 12:32 pm.

Done: Homo sap navigation/ twisty thing on bars to make it go vroom/ grabby thing to make it stop (in front of twisty thing)/ 'leccy things front and rear to make it glow at night/ Sucky + drippy oiler thing to keep chains moist (!!) / Laser Pro Stock Race pipes / bleeding ear drums (see previous mod)
To do: Educate homo sap nav system to operate twisty + grabby things/ get ear plugs

All Trashed Now... Pants... its a Cat B Mwahahaha it lives again!!

Remember every driver is a deaf myoptic twat who is out to kill you, ALWAYS assume they are going to do THE most f*cking DUMBASS, STUPID manouver possible, at the worst possible moment; get past, and get past quick

#54 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

• 12,211 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 12:49 pm

QUOTE(Pict @ Tue 25th Sep 2007, 01:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sad - thought you knew me better than that. Ah well. FWIW, I was just making a point "in the spirit of open debate", out of concern for a good forum, but if I take flak for it from a would-be hard core, tough titty on me - I've had worse. At least I'll follow my own senses of what should be, and get me coat if need be.

apologies Pict, it's a poorly stated/worded comment on my behalf, i was trying to press you to see if you have mod. status aswell as PR status ?? how many mods. have we anyway ?? actually i do believe that info is somewhere to hand on the site.

#55 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,117 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 12:56 pm

QUOTE(wicklamulla @ Tue 25th Sep 2007, 01:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
actually i do believe that info is somewhere to hand on the site.

"My Assistant" then "forum information".

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#56 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• 9,336 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 25 September 2007 - 12:58 pm

QUOTE(dapleb @ Tue 25th Sep 2007, 01:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"My Assistant" then "forum information".

there are some mods who arent in that list, me included.
i think being an RTT manager gives mod rights?

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#57 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,117 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 12:59 pm

ohh yeah...weird.

#58 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

• 12,211 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 01:06 pm

ahh i never seen the forum info. bit afore now, tanks PK (ya get). so anyone who has done RTT stuff has mod ability but not the status shirley ??? ffs that means Stu, Bondy, Tony, etal !!!lets set up a vigilante group on here, i'd loike to carry a big wooden club around with me.....

Edited by wicklamulla, 25 September 2007 - 01:04 pm.

#59 Guinness

Guinness

has been here 4ever

• 1,657 posts
  • TDM model: 2005

Posted 25 September 2007 - 01:21 pm

1. im not gay, im not colored, im not moslim. but i dont mind that people are as long as
they dont interfere with my life
dont cost me money
or suddenly i can no longer do things i used to do
or demand rights/things which in my opinion are not correct.
but im sure most of us feel this way.

2. in that initial post in that topic i didnt see anything about "next to a kiddies's playground"

if its legal and not "public indescency" (spelling?) there's nothing you can do about it without getting in trouble when talking ends.
if its so intens that you find it innapropriate "coz there are kids around", get up and tell them "would you mind. there's kids around". i agree there.

i dont mind some pisstaking, or a light prodding here and there. its the way it is. difference stands out.
the wording in that initial post was way past a light prodding.
and it kept on going, people threw in some punches, it turned into a lynchmob even after some members (not mods) tried to divert or defuse the subject (thank you for that!). but it went on and mod stopped it before it got ugly.

I'm sure the excellent advice, communal spirit and light hearted banter far out-weighs the odd extreme personal opinion
just making sure it does. why take chances? obviously people react strongly when disgusted. we dont want to disgust anyone.

if you want to start a debat about (homo)sexual behaviour in public and want to do something about it go discuss it on a forum that handles these topics. Carpe is not the place to DISCUSS this.
if you want to state your opinion, state in a calm and polite way, otherwise expect censoring/deleting.
the original topic was not deleted, its been quaranteened.

and BTW, that topic has spoiled Basinc Instinct for me... -.- how rude ... ;-)
I'm an insomniac agnostic dyslexic. I lay awake at night and wonder if there really is a dog.

yamaha : xv535/92-92 | red TDM850/92-05 | silver TDM900A/05-

get them here

#60 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,117 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 01:32 pm

QUOTE(ChrisG @ Tue 25th Sep 2007, 12:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Attached File  flange06.jpg   31.14KB   17 downloads

Dont we all.....well ...dont we? unsure.gif well unsure.gif ...err I'll get me coat.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users