#81 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,114 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 13 June 2008 - 02:05 pm

The clutch (and bike) has lasted a record length of time, things have normally been tested to destruction by now. The clutch ain't from a VX...but it fits n works. biggrin.gif He also had a high speed wobble so he tried removing the bay window on the front.....not much difference.....then when he put a tank bag on the wobble went (inexpensive steering damper dunno.gif)...jobs a carrot.
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#82 Spongey

Spongey

Carpe groupie

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 13 June 2008 - 03:02 pm

I never had a wobble. Probably the weight distribution rotflmmfao.gif

#83 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,114 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 03:30 pm

nah it did it with others on...think its due to ragging it flat out absolutley everywhere. rolleyes.gif

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#84 Hartside Man

Hartside Man

Old Moaning Git !!

• RTT manager(RTT)
  • 3,247 posts
  • Location:On Hartside more often than not ! But Live in Carlisle UK

Posted 13 June 2008 - 07:13 pm

QUOTE(dapleb @ Fri 13th Jun 2008, 03:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
nah it did it with others on...think its due to ragging it flat out absolutley everywhere. rolleyes.gif

will ring you as agreed sat night, if your mobile has no signal (possible if your in the sticks) then you ring me laugh.gif

forcast up here and around north yorks / alston / borders looks to be sunny sat and cloud but little chance of rain on sunday.

see you soon PK laugh.gif

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I have a Ghost S and i'm not afraid to use it !

A Beast in Orange Called KaTie eM 

"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul".

"So you just ride somewhere, eat cake and then ride back".

"Normal people believe that if it ain't broken, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broken, it doesn't have enough features yet."

" I We're Ridin so Fast , I we're sucking Rabbits from the Hedges "   {Guy Martin}

#85 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,114 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 08:49 pm

OK I'm still ear. Thunkin of headin off in a mo....or mayhaps wait till early tomato mornin'! rolleyes.gif

G has done me a forecast for tut week and he's ALWAYS right so looks loike we will stay dry till Thursday (of course that might be cos we is queuing under petrol station awning) and then we will still stay a bit dry then a bit less dry but at no point wet. unsure.gif

b0o0o00o0op

#86 Hartside Man

Hartside Man

Old Moaning Git !!

• RTT manager(RTT)
  • 3,247 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 07:37 pm

Have spoken to Pete he has made it as far as Hellifield ( North Yorks) and have arranged to meet him at the Pennygarth Cafe in Hawes about 9:45 am for a tour up through brough , middleton in teesdale, alston, hartside, then point them on the way to the border.

if anyone fancies a run tomorrow from hawes up to hartside i am sure you would be more than welcome tongue.gif

"Normal people believe that if it ain't broken, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broken, it doesn't have enough features yet."

" I We're Ridin so Fast , I we're sucking Rabbits from the Hedges "   {Guy Martin}

#87 Hartside Man

Hartside Man

Old Moaning Git !!

• RTT manager(RTT)
  • 3,247 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 08:09 pm

great day hooning round the north yorks moors and hartside and points north, with 3 cool guys. PK has made the dunoon ferry (the goal for today) but Sadly Pickles on the VX (well overloaded btw) has overheated and had to give up unsure.gif so the intrepid 3 is now the intrepid 2 mellow.gif

anyway here are the 3 of em atop hartside

#88 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 15 June 2008 - 09:04 pm

LOL PK tex me whinging about the SV650 beating his MKI from a standing start and top gear roll on !!! them ickle Suzi's are better than i eggspected.

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#89 Hartside Man

Hartside Man

Old Moaning Git !!

• RTT manager(RTT)
  • 3,247 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 09:15 pm

QUOTE(wicklamulla @ Sun 15th Jun 2008, 08:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LOL PK tex me whinging about the SV650 beating his MKI from a standing start and top gear roll on !!! them ickle Suzi's are better than i eggspected.

I had one before the 900 and yes they are a good little bike 72 hp and plenty of torque and also light weight, but the riding position leaves a lot to be desired. there is a naked version however.

#90 Hartside Man

Hartside Man

Old Moaning Git !!

• RTT manager(RTT)
  • 3,247 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 07:17 pm

QUOTE(Hartside Man @ Sun 15th Jun 2008, 09:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I had one before the 900 and yes they are a good little bike 72 hp and plenty of torque and also light weight, but the riding position leaves a lot to be desired. there is a naked version however.

Texting to PK today lets me know they are at kinlochewe (the head of loch ewe) and still travelling but rain trying to catch them out mellow.gif

back in ullapool after a dash to inverness to get the sv 650 fresh tyre (seemingly bt 014's wear out too quickly on scottish roads)

Edited by Hartside Man, 17 June 2008 - 07:54 pm.

#91 Hartside Man

Hartside Man

Old Moaning Git !!

• RTT manager(RTT)
  • 3,247 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 07:41 pm

PK typin here, campin in Amarko's back garden! Crazy views and roads over the past week.

VX has been rebuilt and arrived back with us lolllzzzz.

Mark is busy doin some SV tinkerin as it went round an Inverness roundabout the wrong way up today!!!!

whooped the SV on second run (only cos he nearly wiped me out and flip it).....we are yet to have decider....was very surprised how quick it was.

Off roond lakes tomato.

bo0o0o0o0o0o0o0p

Edited by Hartside Man, 19 June 2008 - 07:42 pm.

#92 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 19 June 2008 - 07:53 pm

QUOTE(Hartside Man @ Sun 15th Jun 2008, 10:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I.......... the riding position leaves a lot to be desired. there is a naked version however.

Which leaves nothing to be desired - or imagined?? unsure.gif wacko.gif yahoo.gif

Dinotrike.jpg "It's a TDM, Jim, but not as we know it"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAHmEWim3to

Diamond black TDM 900A TRIKE, 2006 ABS model converted by Trike Design (Caerphilly, South Wales) prior to first registration in March 2007.

#93 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,114 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 05:53 am

Well that was a bloody great trip. BIG SPANKS to Amarko, Adam and family for the run roond the Dales on the way oop and the Lakes on the way down....and lettin us camp in his garden...and fixing the SV up...and brekky and.....jeebus just thanks alot. Didn't meet up with the weeman but he was our Scotland control centre and kept us on the road wid tyres, tide times for dolphins, hostel options.....good wee lad. Have you been talkin to the animals again weewan? We arrived at Chanonry at 6:30am as instructed...the dolphins appeared 30seconds after we arrived and swam the length of the bay infront of us close to the shore.

Funniest sign of the trip, an ice cream van in Inverness called "Phil McCone" rotflmmfao.gif

2600+ miles in total and managed to do all the routes mentioned and then some. Were heading to Rhyadar but the gearchange side footpeg fell off the VX rotflmmfao.gif (sounds loike it were a bit soggy there anyroad!) so the bhoys went home via the M6 and I hoooned through Wales...due to accident on the M6 I beat em back. tongue.gif

Weather was ok. We had some showers, some sun, some cloud, a good mix really.

The lads really loved it and are well up for another trip. The piccies and vids should help convincing some of the 'mights' next time.

Thanks to all for route advice was me bestest trip to Scotland yet, some real beautiful scenery and roads.

bo0o00oo0o00o0o0oo00o0o00oo00o0p

#94 Hartside Man

Hartside Man

Old Moaning Git !!

• RTT manager(RTT)
  • 3,247 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 01:39 pm

QUOTE(dapleb @ Sun 22nd Jun 2008, 05:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well that was a bloody great trip. BIG SPANKS to Amarko, Adam and family for the run roond the Dales on the way oop and the Lakes on the way down....and lettin us camp in his garden...and fixing the SV up...and brekky and.....jeebus just thanks alot.
The lads really loved it and are well up for another trip. The piccies and vids should help convincing some of the 'mights' next time.

Thanks to all for route advice was me bestest trip to Scotland yet, some real beautiful scenery and roads.

bo0o00oo0o00o0o0oo00o0o00oo00o0p

Anytime Mate good.gif

Glad it was all enjoyed and hell did we have a hoon clapping.gif

next time though make way for one more into jockland yahoo.gif ME

will post some pics when i have a few moments to edit / cut / crop etc.

just back from a rather wet tour of the borders last 2 days. some sun some rain, some nice Cake ! good.gif

#95 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,114 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 01:13 pm

Bootiful:
Attached File  scot_1.jpg   63.09KB   13 downloads

Three wise men....well one at least. laugh.gif
Attached File  scot_2.jpg   110.8KB   13 downloads

Fortrose, view just North of Chanonry Pt.
Attached File  scot_3.jpg   55.62KB   11 downloads

Samass, very far North West.
Attached File  scot_4.jpg   77.41KB   12 downloads

Even further North West.
Attached File  scot_5.jpg   88.3KB   12 downloads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users