• Please log in to reply
291 replies to this topic

#61 brentong

brentong

sticking around

• 36 posts
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 06 February 2012 - 10:38 am

Put me down for a bed for the three nights.
Unfortunately I will be attending as an ex TDM owner as the TDM was a victim of a trade in offer too good to refuse

#62 aussie9

aussie9

enuff posts to fill a 50cc

• 62 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 06 February 2012 - 01:11 pm

top job Azza,

committed to be there - 3 nights in the lodge sounds good.
Quite happy to share a room.

Four weeks eh? Really looking forward to this trip.
Ian
miles <===> smiles

#63 graeme

graeme

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 09:01 am

QUOTE(Trotski @ Thu 2nd Feb 2012, 11:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well Chaps four weeks to go.Are we all set ?, post here to confirm you're coming, just so i know if anyone is missing/Lost on the Day. Contact me on 0409 867 457 if you need See you there !
Hi Trotski, yep, barring bushfires will be there the 3 days. Looking forward.cheers Graeme
QUOTE(AzzA @ Mon 6th Feb 2012, 11:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've managed to get a nicer price for the lodge and will pay a non-refundable deposit in the next day or two.The booking will be for the 2nd-5th inclusive, so Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights.The lodge consists of four rooms that sleep 5 people each, one room is already taken, so there is ample room for 9-12 more people without crowding. There is room for more people should we need it, the price goes up $30 per pax over 12 people.I'll be paying a non-refundable deposit (did I mention that before?) so it would be good to see those that want a cheap bed get in early and commit.Cost will be split between those in the lodge... proximately between $131 for 6 people and $67 for 12 people... so it is a bargain if you don't mind sharing and want a better night sleep than a tent in the mountains might offer. If a couple wants a room to themselves, it would cost about $263 for the 3 nights! good.gif Money not spent on accommodation is more to spend on cake. cake eating.gif

Hi Azza, ok put me down for the 3 nights. But I'm going on top this time!!

Edited by graeme, 07 February 2012 - 09:02 am.

#64 graeme

graeme

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 09:09 am

Ok, so what is it Brenton? (and will we be able to keep up?)
Who is coming to Omeo on Thursday?
I dont get home until about 7pm but would be happy to come up to omeo for a meal with you (golden age?) So say 7 30pm.
As we have plenty of time on Friday to get to Berridale as opposed to Monday (when I at least need to get back earlyish afternoon), could i suggest that we travel over via the back road to Buchan (some dirt but good dirt) then across to Orbost again by the back way (but all good seal). Then via the Bonang rd which is a sensational ride with small amount of good gravel. ????
cheers Graeme

Edited by graeme, 07 February 2012 - 09:11 am.

#65 AzzA

AzzA

Knows more than an horses arse!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 10:47 am

Shane will be meeting up with us en route, so that makes 3 so far for Omeo... Shane, myself, and Mrs AzzA.

So 2 x TDM's, a Tiger 800, and a CBF250 or an 1100 cruiser (depending how Mrs AzzA feels)... obviously the CBF would be better for any gravel.

gallery_10460_302_12664.png

#66 brentong

brentong

sticking around

• 36 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 11:35 am

Its FJR 1300 Graeme (but the riders no faster)
I will be overnighting at Wagga Wagga Thursday night and heading down via Tumbarumba and the Elliot way.
If any ones heading in that way let me know
Brenton

#67 AzzA

AzzA

• 1,548 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 03:17 pm

They've been quite reasonable with the amount of the deposit, so no need for anyone to front up funds before the weekend.

How soon until we can count the sleeps? smile.gif

#68 Trotski

Trotski

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 09 February 2012 - 10:57 pm

QUOTE(AzzA @ Fri 10th Feb 2012, 02:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How soon until we can count the sleeps? smile.gif

I think the 10 day mark is reasonable.

I have had a chat with the financial controller and now have permission to stay under a roof rather than canvas, so add me to the lodge please Azza.

Ok, I count 9 confirmed with another possible 4 so far.
Trotski

All ways remember, A Pessimist Is Never Disappointed

'98 CT200P AutoAg , '93 Purple Kawasaki ZZR 250, 2004 Black Kawasaki ZZR 250 2005 Black Kawasaki ZZR 250
1999 Baltic Blue TDM 850 2010 Black TDM900

#69 graeme

graeme

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:16 am

QUOTE(brentong @ Thu 9th Feb 2012, 10:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Its FJR 1300 Graeme (but the riders no faster)
I will be overnighting at Wagga Wagga Thursday night and heading down via Tumbarumba and the Elliot way.
If any ones heading in that way let me know
Brenton

Cool!
nice bike. Remember Alwyn from Q land had one last rally? I spent some time chasing him along that section Omeo-Blue Duck. He said he had the rear spinning up in 1st gear coming out of those corners, I was never lower than 2nd. He also told Ken something like "those TDm's are bloody quick out of the corners"
Look forward to seeing it.
cheers Graeme

#70 AzzA

AzzA

• 1,548 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 12:08 pm

QUOTE(Trotski @ Fri 10th Feb 2012, 09:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the 10 day mark is reasonable.

Phew.... won't have to use any toes. unsure.gif

#71 majormitch

majormitch

arrived on last train

• 7 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 05:32 am

QUOTE(AzzA @ Fri 10th Feb 2012, 11:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Phew.... won't have to use any toes. unsure.gif

G/day there. I have just joined the TDM website. Bought my TDM new in 99. Did not know about the group untill Graeme made himself known in Omeo a couple of months ago . I am planning to go to Berridale . My home base is Benalla Vic. Computers are not my thing so I hope this works .....Ian

#72 Trotski

Trotski

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 05:48 am

welcome Ian,

glad to have you along, always good to have a few more.
Trotski

'98 CT200P AutoAg , '93 Purple Kawasaki ZZR 250, 2004 Black Kawasaki ZZR 250 2005 Black Kawasaki ZZR 250

#73 graeme

graeme

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 07:19 am

QUOTE(majormitch @ Sun 12th Feb 2012, 04:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
G/day there. I have just joined the TDM website. Bought my TDM new in 99. Did not know about the group untill Graeme made himself known in Omeo a couple of months ago . I am planning to go to Berridale . My home base is Benalla Vic. Computers are not my thing so I hope this works .....Ian

Hi Ian, fantastic! I did post on here in the "Spotted" after meeting you in Omeo. Would guess you are coming from Benalla on the friday? or will you overnight at Omeo? Obviously it would be great to have you join us for the ride from Omeo----
You and "big Dave" will have to fight it out for "oldest rider" ??? laugh.gif
cheers Graeme

#74 graeme

graeme

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 07:34 am

Brenton, Azza, Shane and maybe Ian (2)
you saw that I posted about going ex Omeo via Orbost etc. Brenton is going via Elliot Way. Brenton will come out near Cabramurra. If he turns left then this is irrelevant but if he turns right towards Khancoban then we could maybe meet him there around lunchtime and all travel to Berridale via Thredbo. This could be affected by whether Ian is coming to Omeo on thurs or friday. Or we can stay as is. What does everyone think? And then there is the other Ian (aussie9) from Mildura, that could fit in also?????
cheers Graeme

Edited by graeme, 12 February 2012 - 07:38 am.

#75 majormitch

majormitch

arrived on last train

• 7 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 07:23 am

QUOTE(graeme @ Sun 12th Feb 2012, 06:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Brenton, Azza, Shane and maybe Ian (2)
you saw that I posted about going ex Omeo via Orbost etc. Brenton is going via Elliot Way. Brenton will come out near Cabramurra. If he turns left then this is irrelevant but if he turns right towards Khancoban then we could maybe meet him there around lunchtime and all travel to Berridale via Thredbo. This could be affected by whether Ian is coming to Omeo on thurs or friday. Or we can stay as is. What does everyone think? And then there is the other Ian (aussie9) from Mildura, that could fit in also?????
cheers Graeme

G/day Graeme........The most direct route from here is Corryong Khancoban Thredbo . It would be a big detour to go via Omeo. I am planning Friday via the direct route.....Ian.

#76 brentong

brentong

sticking around

• 36 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 11:00 am

I am happy to turn right and meet up at Khancoban but don't give up the Bonang ride on my account

#77 AzzA

AzzA

• 1,548 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 01:41 pm

I'm happy either way... as long as there's stops to "see and do" along the way without busting a gut to get there.

#78 OzMOTO

OzMOTO

enuff posts to fill a 50cc

• 54 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 13 February 2012 - 10:45 pm

QUOTE(AzzA @ Mon 6th Feb 2012, 11:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've managed to get a nicer price for the lodge and will pay a non-refundable deposit in the next day or two.

The booking will be for the 2nd-5th inclusive, so Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights.

A show of hands please.

Apart from unforeseen circumstances both Big Dave and myself will be there ...... clapping.gif
I'll be travelling from Sydney and Dave from Cowra.

Craig (ozmoto)

#79 Trotski

Trotski

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 10:56 pm

the planned ride on Sat will take in Khancoban, Cabramurra as we go round the Alpine way loop.
Trotski

#80 Toraneko

Toraneko

Carpe Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 14 February 2012 - 01:37 am

G'day gents, very unhappy to have to say that I'll be missing out on this years TDUT. sad.gif sad.gif The body's been telling me something's not quite right since mid December & I've tried my best to ignore it but it has persisted so now I have to attend to it. I've had some "tests" & indications are that nothing serious is going on but there's more to come & of course they're scheduled smack bang in the middle of the TDUT week. rolleyes.gif

Hope you all enjoy yourselves. Hopefully next year wife will be well, I'll be well & actually get to a TDUT. rolleyes.gif

drinks.gif

cheers, Shane from Tassie

Airbox Mod ( JBX ), Krauser K-wing mount & Top Box, TDM Shield a.k.a TigerScreen Mk 2, HyperPro progressive rate fork springs, BeoWulf - Warrior exhausts,
Stebel Compact Nautilus Air-Horn with Eastern Beaver relay kit, Eastern Beaver PC-8 switched fusebox, Powerlet BMW style power socket
plus controller & heated gloves for the missus. Oxford v7 Heated Grips, V-Strom 650 HandGuards, Fenda extenda.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users