100 replies to this topic

#41 TKH

TKH

full o shoite

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,199 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 24 June 2020 - 12:42 pm

I've not had good results returning stuff to M&P. 

#42 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 24 June 2020 - 12:50 pm

We can but try. And then shame them on social media if that fails. :lol:

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#43 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 4,391 posts

Posted 24 June 2020 - 01:04 pm

Sounds like you're in with a chance :good:

Single-handedly reviving the Wave.

2008 reg. Black TDM 900 ABS

#44 chrisr

chrisr

has been here 4ever

• 1,745 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 24 June 2020 - 02:09 pm

Cant remember where I bought mine .........

The Blue One : 2004 model owned 2010-2018 much loved, much missed and now living with a man in Scotland
The Black One : 2010 Model Registered 2013 owned 2018 - present.Beowulf Cans. Renthal 755s Grip Puppies,15w fork oil,DL650 handguards,givi engine bars,led spotlights,gipro gear indicator,shortened dogbones,LeeHenty CSM kit and stainless bits,Topsellerie seat,MRA Xcreen,grip puppies.PC III (dynoed). K&N airfilter,Fenda extenda.

#45 chrisr

chrisr

has been here 4ever

• 1,745 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 24 June 2020 - 02:27 pm

Got a reply though......

Good Afternoon Mr Racki

Thank you for contacting Avon Tyre with your enquiry below. We have reviewed the picture submitted and our observation of this picture is that the condition observed looks superficial in nature. Without having the tyre at the Factory for examination a specific determination as to whether the condition observed represents a safety concern cannot be made.

We would advise that you contact your tyre seller or a tyre seller/ trader in your area who can advise you.

Under consumer law your contract of sale lies with your tire supplier and you need to allow them the opportunity to handle this matter under the tire industries complaint procedure with which they should be able to explain to you. In essence they need to return the tires to us via their sales chain so that after examination we are able, if deemed necessary, to fully or partially reimburse you via this sales chain. This is standard industry procedure for trade only manufacturers like ourselves.

Please rest assured that once contacted by your supplying tyre trader, this situation will receive our immediate attention

Ladrick
Technical Service Team
customercare@coopertire

Edited by chrisr, 24 June 2020 - 02:31 pm.

The Blue One : 2004 model owned 2010-2018 much loved, much missed and now living with a man in Scotland
The Black One : 2010 Model Registered 2013 owned 2018 - present.Beowulf Cans. Renthal 755s Grip Puppies,15w fork oil,DL650 handguards,givi engine bars,led spotlights,gipro gear indicator,shortened dogbones,LeeHenty CSM kit and stainless bits,Topsellerie seat,MRA Xcreen,grip puppies.PC III (dynoed). K&N airfilter,Fenda extenda.

#46 TKH

TKH

full o shoite

• 2,199 posts

Posted 24 June 2020 - 03:46 pm

Thought he said his name was Baldrick at first. I must have dyslexia.

#47 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• 4,668 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 24 June 2020 - 05:26 pm

Thought he said his name was Baldrick at first. I must have dyslexia.

I though the diagnostic process for dyslexia related to whether or not you can spell dyslexia

900 with better bits. Owes me nothing, Makes me smile

#48 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 24 June 2020 - 06:11 pm

Got a reply though......

Good Afternoon Mr Racki

Thank you for contacting Avon Tyre with your enquiry below. We have reviewed the picture submitted and our observation of this picture is that the condition observed looks superficial in nature. Without having the tyre at the Factory for examination a specific determination as to whether the condition observed represents a safety concern cannot be made.

We would advise that you contact your tyre seller or a tyre seller/ trader in your area who can advise you.

Under consumer law your contract of sale lies with your tire supplier and you need to allow them the opportunity to handle this matter under the tire industries complaint procedure with which they should be able to explain to you. In essence they need to return the tires to us via their sales chain so that after examination we are able, if deemed necessary, to fully or partially reimburse you via this sales chain. This is standard industry procedure for trade only manufacturers like ourselves.

Please rest assured that once contacted by your supplying tyre trader, this situation will receive our immediate attention

Ladrick
Technical Service Team
customercare@coopertire

They sure make things complicated. At least now I know the procedure, cheers Chris. :good:

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#49 TKH

TKH

full o shoite

• 2,199 posts

Posted 25 June 2020 - 01:11 pm

I though the diagnostic process for dyslexia related to whether or not you can spell dyslexia

I had to google it.  :sorry:

#50 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 26 June 2020 - 07:33 pm

New tyre now fitted and wheel bacon the bike.  Parcel2go are collecting the Avon tyre tomorrow so should be with M&P next Tuesday.  Cost me £9.10 to post the bloody thing.

#51 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 26 June 2020 - 07:44 pm

Claim that £9.10 back n'all. It should be at their cost if a manufacturing defect.

At least your are bacon.
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#52 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 11 July 2020 - 02:20 pm

Any update on dis?

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#53 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,391 posts

Posted 11 July 2020 - 02:56 pm

Any update on dis?

The wheels of the tyre industry turn slowly I believe.

Single-handedly reviving the Wave.

2008 reg. Black TDM 900 ABS

#54 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 11 July 2020 - 05:05 pm

:wifgeni:

Not a word.  Will be contacting M&P on monday.

#55 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 13 July 2020 - 04:01 pm

Sent M&P an email saying they'd had the tyre since a week last Thursday and have they had a chance to look at it.  Got a reply saying they'd contacted Avon the day after receiving the tyre and are awaiting their instructions. :rolleyes:

I replied saying 10 days and no reply or follow up, it's gonna take a long time isn't it ?  Why it takes 10 days for Avon to respond to an email is beyond me.

#56 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 13 July 2020 - 04:27 pm

Especially to a safety issue.

#57 TKH

TKH

full o shoite

• 2,199 posts

Posted 14 July 2020 - 01:30 pm

Sounds a bit like M&P aren't chasing it.

#58 Rallyist

Rallyist

Gettin to be an 'Old Bugger'

• 3,250 posts
  • Location:Usually in a Hospital somewhere in the Birmingham area

Posted 14 July 2020 - 05:02 pm

Avon wont be in any hurry to deal with this as the owners Cooper tyres from Ohio couldn't care less, had a problem with a classic car Tyre and had to threaten legal action before they would even acknowledge  they had the Tyre.

For a challenging summer try the

Round Britain Rally.....  

1993 TDM 850 Mk1 ..... 2008 TDM 900 ....  1975, 1979, 1982, 1992 Goldwings, Scott, AJS,  Triumph 5TA

#59 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 24 July 2020 - 04:20 pm

Okeedokee, Avon have offered me a refund of 85% of the purchase price as a goodwill jesture.  No comment on why or how the splits happened and no assumption of responsibility.  Also no offer for the cost of returning the tyre.

I've accepted the refund but I've also commented on my disappointment in having to bear the cost of returning the tyre when it was them who told me to return it.

#60 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 24 July 2020 - 04:24 pm

Not great. Sorry we could have killed you...would you be 85% dead (minus postage) if you hadn't noticed?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users