35 replies to this topic

#1 bigboat0

bigboat0

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 289 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 20 March 2011 - 10:07 pm

Looking for a new lid, a flip top for the Germany trip with integral sun visor required, not spending £400 on a Schuberth C3 though!

I need bluetooth for the sat nav, there's plenty of cheap Bluetooth helmets on fleabay but want a decent helmet that's watertight & not too noisy, The Shark Evoline II looks the best on paper so far ( need separate Bluetooth cons though!).

Any advice appreciated!

06 TDM 900 - gone but not forgotten.

Triumph Sprint ST1050

#2 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 20 March 2011 - 10:13 pm

HJC one is meant to be a decent helmet fer the price. Think it's the is15 model.

I hear some of the Nolan wans are pretty good too.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#3 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 20 March 2011 - 10:13 pm

Here ya go BB, happy reading

http://www.carpe-tdm...o...c=20586&hl=

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#4 bigboat0

bigboat0

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 10:35 pm

QUOTE(dablik @ Sun 20th Mar 2011, 10:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here ya go BB, happy reading

http://www.carpe-tdm...o...c=20586&hl=

Cheers, what did you decide on?

Triumph Sprint ST1050

#5 Galilee

Galilee

850 going for 900

• 892 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 22 March 2011 - 01:35 pm

I tested Caberg and ended up with a full face helmet with integral sunvisor because of noise on the flip type. Still a bit noisy at motorway speeds, but i can live with that.

Caberg seem to do well in the SHARP test too.

Linky

Too Freud to rock'n'roll, too Jung to die.

#6 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 22 March 2011 - 04:00 pm

QUOTE(bigboat0 @ Sun 20th Mar 2011, 10:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Cheers, what did you decide on?

Still not got one,,,,think i've saved swmbo the trouble of looking for a pressie for me,,,,,soonish laugh.gif so maybe a really really really expensive one.

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#7 Baron

Baron

has been here 4ever

• 1,076 posts
  • Location:Drum Castle (well, next door), Kincardineshire.....well, I am a Baron!

Posted 22 March 2011 - 08:38 pm

I've had a Nolan N103 with the Nolan Bluetooth kit for a couple of years now and have found it to be very good indeed. The helmet has a pin lock visor, flip front, flip down sun visor, seatbelt type chin strap fastener, and two speaker Bluetooth system that integrates with the helmet perfectly as the helmet is designed to receive it. Great battery life too.

Can't fault it.
Gone but not forgotten: 2007 TDM900ABS Competition White, datatagged, fenda extenda, tomtom rider 1, Yamaha main stand, Yamaha heated grips, HID headlights, Yamaha top box & city side cases, MRA Vario screen, CLS200 automatic chain oiler, Yamaha belly pan, DL650 handguards, Gi-Pro X gear indicator, SW-Motech Mirror Extensions, LED side light, Stebel Nautilus AIR HORN!!!!!

(1974....KTM Comet Cross, RD250B, XS750, Wife & kids, DT175, Suzuki GT500, XT500, XT500 (modified), ZX-10 (the 1st one!), Yamaha TT600R, Suzuki GT750B, GT750K, '04 TDM900, GSX1100F, '07 TDM900A, '06 FJR1300A

#8 bigboat0

bigboat0

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 10:09 pm

QUOTE(Baron @ Tue 22nd Mar 2011, 08:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've had a Nolan N103 with the Nolan Bluetooth kit for a couple of years now and have found it to be very good indeed. The helmet has a pin lock visor, flip front, flip down sun visor, seatbelt type chin strap fastener, and two speaker Bluetooth system that integrates with the helmet perfectly as the helmet is designed to receive it. Great battery life too.

Can't fault it.

Hi Baron, thanks for the feedback, I've been looking at the Nolan too as well as the Shark.
regarding the Bluetooth, I want to use that with a Navigon sat nav, but not sure if I'll go for a Chinese intercom BT helmet piece or go for a helmet & buy the kit in addition. Are you restricted to pairing with other Nolan helmets or does your Bluetooth work with any Bluetooth system?

Triumph Sprint ST1050

#9 Baron

Baron

has been here 4ever

• 1,076 posts
  • Location:Drum Castle (well, next door), Kincardineshire.....well, I am a Baron!

Posted 22 March 2011 - 11:57 pm

I've only paired mine with my iPhone and my Tom Tom rider one so I can't say but as these are quite differing devices I'd have thought the Nolan bluetooth configuration must be pretty generic. Certainly gives good sound at high speeds.

I've just noticed you're in Aberdeenshire. I got my helmet and intercom from the hein gericke shop in Aberdeen so they may be able to advise on what it can interface with.

Edited by Baron, 23 March 2011 - 12:02 am.

Gone but not forgotten: 2007 TDM900ABS Competition White, datatagged, fenda extenda, tomtom rider 1, Yamaha main stand, Yamaha heated grips, HID headlights, Yamaha top box & city side cases, MRA Vario screen, CLS200 automatic chain oiler, Yamaha belly pan, DL650 handguards, Gi-Pro X gear indicator, SW-Motech Mirror Extensions, LED side light, Stebel Nautilus AIR HORN!!!!!

(1974....KTM Comet Cross, RD250B, XS750, Wife & kids, DT175, Suzuki GT500, XT500, XT500 (modified), ZX-10 (the 1st one!), Yamaha TT600R, Suzuki GT750B, GT750K, '04 TDM900, GSX1100F, '07 TDM900A, '06 FJR1300A

#10 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• 9,336 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 23 March 2011 - 09:47 am

QUOTE(bigboat0 @ Sun 20th Mar 2011, 10:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
....not spending £400 on a Schuberth C3 though!

i paid £340 for mine....well worth it imho

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#11 bigboat0

bigboat0

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 10:36 pm

Anyone got a Shark Evoline (1 or 2) on here, what's yer verdict?

Triumph Sprint ST1050

#12 DevoTDM

DevoTDM

really likes Carpe

• 85 posts
  • TDM model: 2005

Posted 23 March 2011 - 11:59 pm

I got a Nolan N90S in Munich for my Alps trip last year. Brilliant. Cost about 250 Euros.

Internal visor came down far enough, quiet (only wore ear plugs on the Bavarian autobahn), clasp-type chin strap, can lock the visor in upright position.

I've looked at other flip face helmets in Australia and this is much better. I brought it back to Oz but can't use it as it doesn't have the Oz Standards sticker.

There is review on webbikeworld.com

#13 busa2000

busa2000

seems to like Carpe

• 76 posts
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 24 March 2011 - 08:56 pm

QUOTE(bigboat0 @ Wed 23rd Mar 2011, 10:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anyone got a Shark Evoline (1 or 2) on here, what's yer verdict?

I have got evo 1 but had a evo 2 visor mech fitted under 5 year warranty as the visor operation is the only real difference between the mk 1 and 2. On the evo 2 you can have the visor opening to multi positons on the 1 only really 2 .I have found the evo great not to noisy comfortable light enough built in sun visor . I also have an arai but find i allways seem to use the shark. I find i seem to use it mainly as open face but when i want to it is easy to flip the chinbar round . In the bumpf it is certified as both an open face and a full face, i would have no problem getting another one in fact looking to buy one for the other half. I also had a Roof boxer before and the shark is ten times better

#14 bigboat0

bigboat0

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 09:48 pm

QUOTE(busa2000 @ Thu 24th Mar 2011, 08:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have got evo 1 but had a evo 2 visor mech fitted under 5 year warranty as the visor operation is the only real difference between the mk 1 and 2. On the evo 2 you can have the visor opening to multi positons on the 1 only really 2 .I have found the evo great not to noisy comfortable light enough built in sun visor . I also have an arai but find i allways seem to use the shark. I find i seem to use it mainly as open face but when i want to it is easy to flip the chinbar round . In the bumpf it is certified as both an open face and a full face, i would have no problem getting another one in fact looking to buy one for the other half. I also had a Roof boxer before and the shark is ten times better

"Roof boxer"???
dunno.gif

Triumph Sprint ST1050

#15 ChrisH

ChrisH

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 137 posts
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 25 March 2011 - 11:20 pm

i got a Nolan top lid,

#16 sidestand

sidestand

Carpe Citizen

• 3,456 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 26 March 2011 - 11:51 am

I've got an evoline 1

Not brilliant for winter use, as it's quite draughty & visor mists up terribly

OK for summer though, but cooling vents aren't terribly effective

Got mine cheap of Cats, so I can't complain - would never pay the asking price for a new one though.

post-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gifpost-1-1152402501.jpgThe older I get, the better I was

96 MkII in yellow & silver with bluespots, braided lines, Remus 2 into 1, Hagon rear shock & fork springs, bashplate, heated grips,Motech pannier racks, Road Attacks, Jockoiler, Baglux tank cover & bag. Gone to a far better place - hasn't it Remo?
Another 96 Mk2 in yellow & silver - absolutely standard & pristine ( apart from a butchered rear mudguard - but I'm looking for a new one
'76 Suzuki GT500 Stroker in need of a rebuild
'80 Yamaha XT250 mudplugger
another '81 XT250
'91 BMW R80GS - this one really will do a RTW trip
'05 BMW K1200S - inline four with a shaft
'10 BMW R1200GSA Anniversary Edition
'02 Fazer 1000 - 4 carbs are better than 2 ! - water pump rebuilt by Mr Ramrod Engineering
'00 Triumph Adventurer - Cruiser with a difference - British & a triple
Gary's Bathtub - '99 BMW K1200RS in luvverly pillarbox red . Now been Waspycycled to Nuneaton
And the Latest Addition - a nice BMW G650 XCountry greenlaner - on long term loan to Boy Wonder

1996 Kawasaki KH125 Stroker

2000 TDM Mk2A - nicely Studleyfied - Modified by Masterbrewer, but we've fixed that now !

BMW K1300R

2004 TDM 900 in Silver/Blue - heated grips, MRA vary screen, Wilbers rear shock & engine bars to fit 

BMW S1000XR in white 

#17 Nanook

Nanook

needs a 2nd hobby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 26 March 2011 - 12:52 pm

QUOTE(Baron @ Tue 22nd Mar 2011, 08:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've had a Nolan N103 with the Nolan Bluetooth kit for a couple of years now and have found it to be very good indeed. The helmet has a pin lock visor, flip front, flip down sun visor, seatbelt type chin strap fastener, and two speaker Bluetooth system that integrates with the helmet perfectly as the helmet is designed to receive it. Great battery life too.Can't fault it.
wifgeni.gif Wot he said! Excellent lid and not too pricey to boot.
QUOTE(bigboat0 @ Thu 24th Mar 2011, 09:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"Roof boxer"??? dunno.gif
Awful! Awful! Awful! Awful! Awful! Awful! Awful! Awful! Awful! Awful! Awful! Awful! Awful! Awful! Awful! Awful! Awful! Awful! Awful! Awful! Awful! Awful! Awful! Awful! Awful! Awful! Awful! Awful! Awful! Awful! Awful! Awful! Awful! Awful! Awful! Awful! Awful! Awful! Awful! Awful! Awful! Awful! Awful! Awful! Awful! Awful! Awful! Awful! Awful! Awful! Awful! Awful! Awful! Awful! Awful! Awful! Awful! Awful! Awful! Awful! Awful! Awful! Awful! Awful! Awful! Awful! Awful! Awful! Awful!
Beware the whitevanman!

#18 bigboat0

bigboat0

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 10:25 pm

WTF is a roof boxer?

Triumph Sprint ST1050

#19 bigboat0

bigboat0

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 10:31 pm

Just googled "roof boxer" & they actually do lids, thought it was slang for some crap lid!

Triumph Sprint ST1050

#20 busa2000

busa2000

seems to like Carpe

• 76 posts
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 28 March 2011 - 06:05 pm

QUOTE(bigboat0 @ Sun 27th Mar 2011, 11:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just googled "roof boxer" & they actually do lids, thought it was slang for some crap lid!

They are a French company and they are crap Shark Evo a much better lid.I have not found a problem with misting or it being draughty,used during winter ,as i said mine has been modded to mk 2 spec, only my opinion mind you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users