• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 KurtDeVos

KurtDeVos

enuff posts to fill a 50cc

• 66 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 14 January 2016 - 11:10 am

What did you think of the Tracer? It was too noisy, sporty and busy for me. The TDM is far more suited to old farts like myself.

Actually i recorded my ride: https://youtu.be/yRL0N9vBUlU

Compared to say the older Yamaha Style of exhaust its pretty loud, its seems to be the style to use a shorter system these days but the engine note was quite pleasing and not too in your face. It had selectable ride modes so you can calm it down and the power delivery was very smooth. I cant really compare it with a TDM as i have yet to have a ride but the guy in the sales office has had two TDMs and this was the natural progression, but they are still quite pricey and the styling of the MT range might not be for the more mature pallet.  

Edited by KurtDeVos, 14 January 2016 - 11:13 am.

#22 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,667 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 14 January 2016 - 12:11 pm

styling of the MT range might not be for the more mature pallet.  

Our preferred term is 'Annually gifted' ...Thats A N N U A L L Y     !  ;)

900 with better bits. Owes me nothing, Makes me smile

#23 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• 4,667 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 12:27 pm

So I was down at infinity motorcycles yesterday and wanted to try out the MT09 Tracer, not a problem was out on the bike 20 minuets after walking in to the shop. Everyone was friendly and very knowledgeable about the bikes they were selling. I think the guy at Bridge Moto seemed like he knew how to sell but to only one customer, the ask no questions, part with money get them out of the door kind.  

Different folks, different strokes.

Good video of your ride , btw. 

900 with better bits. Owes me nothing, Makes me smile

#24 muddy

muddy

full o shoite

• 2,969 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 14 January 2016 - 12:37 pm

Compared to say the older Yamaha Style of exhaust its pretty loud, its seems to be the style to use a shorter system these days but the engine note was quite pleasing and not too in your face. It had selectable ride modes so you can calm it down and the power delivery was very smooth. I cant really compare it with a TDM as i have yet to have a ride but the guy in the sales office has had two TDMs and this was the natural progression, but they are still quite pricey and the styling of the MT range might not be for the more mature pallet.  

Can't agree with the sales bloke if he said the Tracer was a natural progression. It isn't. Different machine entirely. You'll see :) It'll turn you from a skirt lifter to a shirt lifter :yu:

Edited by muddy, 14 January 2016 - 12:46 pm.

Blue 04 TDM,PR2 rear Roadsmart front, Yamaha topox, Givi E360 panniers, PL pannier holders, BMW handguards, Yamaha touring screen, Scottoiler, 12v ciggie socket, carbon core HT leads

Gorn :sorry:

#25 ProudViking

ProudViking

needs a 2nd hobby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 14 January 2016 - 01:12 pm

What did you think of the Tracer? It was too noisy, sporty and busy for me. The TDM is far more suited to old farts like myself.

I think I'm becoming an old fart, I really don't like these all digital displays and those non-existent exhausts. I like to see a bit of pipe sticking out the back!

If they carry on like this all motorcycles will be just two wheels and a seat.

#26 KurtDeVos

KurtDeVos

• 66 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 01:18 pm

Different folks, different strokes.

Good video of your ride , btw. 

Thanks, I should use the camera more but I have been a little lazy lately but going out on a new bike I had to dig it out. 

Our preferred term is 'Annually gifted' ...Thats A N N U A L L Y     !   ;)

I will have to remember that term for the next time but no guarantees on saying it correctly :P 

Can't agree with the sales bloke if he said the Tracer was a natural progression. It isn't. Different machine entirely. You'll see :) It'll turn you from a skirt lifter to a shirt lifter :yu:

I think he was talking more about the Yamaha Range, although it dows seem that all people care about is redlines and powerbands. 

I think I'm becoming an old fart, I really don't like these all digital displays and those non-existent exhausts. I like to see a bit of pipe sticking out the back!

If they carry on like this all motorcycles will be just two wheels and a seat.

I agree there is not much substance with some of the newer bikes but I have seen the MT-09 with a larger aftermarket exhaust and looks quite silly. 

#27 akirasan

akirasan

really likes Carpe

• 81 posts
  • TDM model: 2001

Posted 21 January 2016 - 03:27 pm

I went to a local Yamaha dealer to test ride a Fazer 1000 10 years ago. Thought about buying one.

They wanted £500 from a credit card as deposit and if I had an accident even if it was not my fault I would lose the money.

I bought private.

Now years and years ago I went to Chis Sharp motorbikes in Oadby saw an FZ750 he said take it for a spin and off I went.

Loved the bike and I bought it.

He always looked after his customers and he got sales.

I used to be a courier and I went to a BMW store. I was completely blanked by the staff. When guys pulled up in their  

expensive cars they were greeted  by salesmen but as I was a dirty biker I did not count.

Another time I went to a Triumph dealer to get parts for a mates bike I was repairing.

I went to the spares dept and was again ignored, finally asked what I wanted  and when I told them it was Triumph parts

they were nice to me ..........so choose the dealers that you want to give your money to.

#28 ProudViking

ProudViking

needs a 2nd hobby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 21 January 2016 - 04:00 pm

Oh I remember good old Chris Sharp's. Sat on my first 125 TZR there. Lol thought it was sooo powerful at the time.

#29 adamg

adamg

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 116 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 08:52 am

I called them about that bike. Said I was going to buy mine from evolution for 2300 unless there was some movement in his price. He said no, I said thanks and bye.

#30 KurtDeVos

KurtDeVos

• 66 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 09:31 am

I called them about that bike. Said I was going to buy mine from evolution for 2300 unless there was some movement in his price. He said no, I said thanks and bye.

Like I said before pretty much the first words out of his mouth was he was not moving on the price, he was already a couple hundred in (somehow) and it was a favour for his friend etc etc. The paintwork had chips, engine was peeling  and the MOT advisories had not been seen to plus it has not even had a service since 2014. 

The guy is a chancer that has a legitimate looking shop. 

They wanted £500 from a credit card as deposit and if I had an accident even if it was not my fault I would lose the money.

it was quite simple fill out a form, copy of my licence and off I went, there was a charge if you crashed it but I did not have to put money down. I find with the dealers that cater to the more affluent crowd they wont give you the time of day if they think your a window shopper or just cant afford the price tag. Sure they have a business to run but a bit of courtesy goes a long way. 

Edited by KurtDeVos, 22 January 2016 - 09:35 am.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users