• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 rostyle

rostyle

seems to like Carpe

• 72 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 19 May 2018 - 07:19 pm

Hi All, forgive me as i have not been on a TDM for many years but have managed to save a few pounds and convinced my wife that my mate is coming up for the big Five O and we need to celebrate this with a 2 week trip round Europe next year and guess what......It worked!!

So I managed  to pick up a 2002/3 model at a great price, it has sat around a bit so gave it a check over levels etc pumped up the tyres and set off from Portsmouth to south London at a sensible bimble not having been on a bike for a few years.

Anyway the first time i pulled up the bike was quite hard to move and the rear brake pedal was non existent. Looked at the rear brake and calliper and disc were blue and pads and piston were "hanging out" 

Cant believe i didn't feel it at all, so unbolted the calliper and limped home with just the front brake.

I am now looking for a rear disc, calliper (and pads of course) and wondered if any of you chaps had and pointers for a good supplier?

Im sure the disc and calliper must be quite generic across the Yamaha range but not sure which> probably Fazer or the like possibly?

Anyway its great to see this site is still up and running and i look forward to many evenings between here and my garage this summer..

I am also going to need new fork stations as these are quite pitted, can't believe they don't leak!

Thanks Stuart

#2 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 19 May 2018 - 08:21 pm

Welcome back to the fold Stuart. :)  GNMoto should have what you need as regards caliper, lots to choose from.

https://www.gn-moto....m-2002-2011?p=2

Can't really help with disc and fork tubes but there are plenty out there so shouldn't be a problem getting sorted. Also worth posting up in the wanted section.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#3 Riggers

Riggers

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 20 May 2018 - 01:17 pm

Hi and welcome back.

I've got a rear disc for a 900 in good condition. I bought it from someone on this forum a while ago and never used it as I changed my bike.

You can have it for what I paid - £15 plus £2.85 postage. PM me if you're interested.

Cheers

Riggers.

#4 rostyle

rostyle

seems to like Carpe

• 72 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 20 May 2018 - 05:10 pm

That would be great Riggers pm on its way

#5 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 20 May 2018 - 05:14 pm

Hello dare and welcome back.
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users