#41 graeme

graeme

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 08 April 2011 - 10:27 am

QUOTE(TimH @ Fri 8th Apr 2011, 08:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey folks, yes still here after nearly getting rid of the TDM hidden.gif After a ride to Adelaide last weekend I'm very glad I've still got it...
I was hoping to get to the last TDUT, love that part of the country, great roads and scenery - it was in my calendar but I couldn't make it. Oct-Nov is always too busy at work to take a week off. December is ok though - my solo ride through the Snowies in 2009 was in Dec and the weather was great.

But Autumn is my best time to get away, I'd be keen for an Autumn 2012 ride. Tassie sounds good, but Omeo region again would be fine for me since I wasn't there last year. I'm ok with caravan parks, motels, dorms, whatever as long as it's dry and warm. Country pubs are great but usually limited numbers of beds.

I just put a TKC80 front/Tourance rear on the bike tonight so Flinders Ranges sounds fun laugh.gif - maybe I'll leave that for a ride with the ADVrider crowd.

Merlot, good to see another TDM out here in the desert tup.gif

Hi Tim, sounds like here is a story here???? Good feedback also.
cheers Graeme

#42 TimH

TimH

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 182 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 09 April 2011 - 05:04 am

QUOTE(graeme @ Fri 8th Apr 2011, 08:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Tim, sounds like here is a story here???? Good feedback also.
cheers Graeme

Hi Graeme,

not much of a story - after a summer of not getting any time for decent trips on the bike I decided a smaller bike (XT660R) would suit my needs better (short day rides mostly in the dirt) and put the TDM up for sale. Didn't get a single phone call (I assume being out here in Mildura the demand isn't there - or maybe I over priced it cos I didn't really want to let it go) so I decided to keep it. Glad I did, I just needed a decent long ride to remind me what a good bike the TDM is.

#43 merlot

merlot

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 119 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 01 May 2011 - 08:56 am

QUOTE(TimH @ Sat 9th Apr 2011, 06:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Graeme,

not much of a story - after a summer of not getting any time for decent trips on the bike I decided a smaller bike (XT660R) would suit my needs better (short day rides mostly in the dirt) and put the TDM up for sale. Didn't get a single phone call (I assume being out here in Mildura the demand isn't there - or maybe I over priced it cos I didn't really want to let it go) so I decided to keep it. Glad I did, I just needed a decent long ride to remind me what a good bike the TDM is.

he who dies with the most toys wins

#44 merlot

merlot

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 119 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 09:05 am

+1 tim......was going to trade mine for diversion and frank pons in sydney was likely candidate but when i saw bike again (at wagga) it was just too good rolleyes.gif ....ended up riding it to G.C. to see sister (across barrington tops) and dont think ill ewver sell it after that wub.gif . just wish it had a shaft

shane it was pouring and freezing when we went through bagdad..was the worst weather ever i think....sorry for no notice but next time for sure
he who dies with the most toys wins

#45 Toraneko

Toraneko

Carpe Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 09:27 am

QUOTE(merlot @ Sun 1st May 2011, 07:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
+1 tim......was going to trade mine for diversion and frank pons in sydney was likely candidate but when i saw bike again (at wagga) it was just too good rolleyes.gif ....ended up riding it to G.C. to see sister (across barrington tops) and dont think ill ewver sell it after that wub.gif . just wish it had a shaft

shane it was pouring and freezing when we went through bagdad..was the worst weather ever i think....sorry for no notice but next time for sure

Yep sounds about right when headed for winter in Tassie. dry.gif

No excuses for not saying G'day next time. wink.gif

drinks.gif
cheers, Shane from Tassie

Airbox Mod ( JBX ), Krauser K-wing mount & Top Box, TDM Shield a.k.a TigerScreen Mk 2, HyperPro progressive rate fork springs, BeoWulf - Warrior exhausts,
Stebel Compact Nautilus Air-Horn with Eastern Beaver relay kit, Eastern Beaver PC-8 switched fusebox, Powerlet BMW style power socket
plus controller & heated gloves for the missus. Oxford v7 Heated Grips, V-Strom 650 HandGuards, Fenda extenda.

#46 Trueblue

Trueblue

arrived on last train

• 8 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 12 June 2011 - 06:12 am

Hi guys, quite new to this forum.

Just looking at the different locations mentioned for the '12 TDUT. Some fantastic places and no doubt
all worthy destinations for a group of riders.

I am in Melbourne but everyone I go to the Barossa and Clare valleys SA, I can never get enough of the
place. Would you think these locations a little too 'laid back' for a group of riders?

Personally, I think they have a heck of a lot going for them. Lots and lots of brilliant rides, pretty historic
towns with every facility. Caravan/camping grounds second to none, wineries etc etc.

Riders from the mid and northern eastern states could spend some going via Broken Hill etc. and Victoria
Tassie riders could follow the coast, flurieu peninsula, Adelaide hills etc.

A final meeting place could be in say any of the wonderful Barossa townships or perhaps Clare which in
my opinion has one of the best caravan/camping parks that I have stayed in.

This is all stuff that appeals to me but then again I'm getting on (60).

I'm not able to devote the time to organise something like this due to some major upheavils in my family
life at present which don't look like resolving themselves in the near future.

Just a suggestion.

Wayne

T

#47 OzMOTO

OzMOTO

enuff posts to fill a 50cc

• 54 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 07:53 am

Hi gang

Just checking in after an absence of 6 months on this site. I've now moved from Cowra to the outskirts of Sydney.

I was hoping to see the organisation for TDUT 2011 all laid out .... laugh.gif

Enjoyed last years meeting so much I'm willing to meet anywhere - Omeo, the Oxley, the Barossa - just as long as someone else organises it .... :-)

Craig

#48 graeme

graeme

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 10:56 am

QUOTE(OzMOTO @ Fri 26th Aug 2011, 05:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi gang

Just checking in after an absence of 6 months on this site. I've now moved from Cowra to the outskirts of Sydney.

I was hoping to see the organisation for TDUT 2011 all laid out .... laugh.gif

Enjoyed last years meeting so much I'm willing to meet anywhere - Omeo, the Oxley, the Barossa - just as long as someone else organises it .... :-)

Craig

Hi Craig, good to hear from you. Not many people could say they sold their house from McMillans Lookout could they? Hows "Big Dave".
The only reason I still carry the "TDUT manager" tag is in order to pass it on to the next one. It was really good last year though.
We had sort of pointed at Autumn 2012 as the next but waiting for an organizer.
Do think about it regularly though. Caught up with Trotski earlier this year and he thought that maybe people were more interested in a weekend type social get together and I can go along with that. He also suggested a locale which I went through on way home and he's right, its perfect. Its Dalgety (southern NSW), basically a pub a servo a caravan park and a house. Great roads all around and to and from, minimal organisation. And I was thinking that for those coming from this side of things we could have a night in Omeo on the way there. Careful now or this might be considered as "organising"-------
All the best in your new home
cheers Graeme

#49 AzzA

AzzA

Knows more than an horses arse!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 12:53 am

Looks good from this end.

Weekends I can do, I even get Mondays off... now that I'm working. smile.gif

gallery_10460_302_12664.png

#50 Trotski

Trotski

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 29 August 2011 - 05:58 am

So we have a bit of interest at last, I'll make some enquiries in the next couple of weeks about Prices at the pub and the Caravan park in Dalgety and also have a think about the roads, but the Alpine way loop via Cabramurra is a must do if your in the area.

I am thinking that we do a Friday to Monday in early March, with a run through the Alpine way on Sat (4-5hr ride, lunch at Khancoban Pub and a visit to Cabramurra after + acoulpe of good back roads I know) and back to Dalgety for maybe a Barbie and a few cold ones at the Caravan park (there is also a Public BBQ in the park beside the Snowy river, next door to the CaravanPark and across the road from the Pub) or the Pub does meals as well.

There is limited accommodation at the pub (4 Twin rooms and a flat I think),the Caravan park has onsite vans and plenty of camping sites (I might go for a tent site).
Sunday. 2 options I can think of off the top of my head ,
Bombala and Cann river Valley to Eden via the Mt Imlay rd and back up the Brown Mtn to Nimitabelle and some good dirt to Dalgety.

or for the more hard core a dirt run to Braidwood, Captains Flat, Jerangle,Adaminaby, Dalgety (all Council Gravel roads, condition depends on weather)

As I know the area I'm prepared to lead the rides, and maybe even run a BBQ (eat my cooking at your own risk) but you'll need to sort your own accommodation

I am proposing Fri 02-03-2012 to Mon 06-03-2012 for the TDUT2012 at Dalgety NSW let's have a show of hands

Edited by Trotski, 29 August 2011 - 05:59 am.

Trotski

All ways remember, A Pessimist Is Never Disappointed

'98 CT200P AutoAg , '93 Purple Kawasaki ZZR 250, 2004 Black Kawasaki ZZR 250 2005 Black Kawasaki ZZR 250
1999 Baltic Blue TDM 850 2010 Black TDM900

#51 graeme

graeme

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 11:16 am

QUOTE(Trotski @ Mon 29th Aug 2011, 03:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So we have a bit of interest at last, I'll make some enquiries in the next couple of weeks about Prices at the pub and the Caravan park in Dalgety and also have a think about the roads, but the Alpine way loop via Cabramurra is a must do if your in the area.

I am thinking that we do a Friday to Monday in early March, with a run through the Alpine way on Sat (4-5hr ride, lunch at Khancoban Pub and a visit to Cabramurra after + acoulpe of good back roads I know) and back to Dalgety for maybe a Barbie and a few cold ones at the Caravan park (there is also a Public BBQ in the park beside the Snowy river, next door to the CaravanPark and across the road from the Pub) or the Pub does meals as well.

There is limited accommodation at the pub (4 Twin rooms and a flat I think),the Caravan park has onsite vans and plenty of camping sites (I might go for a tent site).
Sunday. 2 options I can think of off the top of my head ,
Bombala and Cann river Valley to Eden via the Mt Imlay rd and back up the Brown Mtn to Nimitabelle and some good dirt to Dalgety.

or for the more hard core a dirt run to Braidwood, Captains Flat, Jerangle,Adaminaby, Dalgety (all Council Gravel roads, condition depends on weather)

As I know the area I'm prepared to lead the rides, and maybe even run a BBQ (eat my cooking at your own risk) but you'll need to sort your own accommodation

I am proposing Fri 02-03-2012 to Mon 06-03-2012 for the TDUT2012 at Dalgety NSW let's have a show of hands

Well done Dave!! I'll be there. Any help if needed.
cheers Graeme

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users