#1 Matlock

Matlock

Carpe Citizen

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,913 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 11 July 2020 - 09:26 pm

It's a motorcycle focussed sat nav app, that runs on your smartphone, with loads of features. You can plan twisty routes to a destination, put in a duration and a direction and it'll plan a ride, via the twisty bits and you can put in a destination and it's plot a twisty route there and a different twisty route back. You can import GPX files and share routes with other Calimoto users.  All this is available on the free version, what is restricted in the free version is the geographic zone. A one off fee of £39.99 (or 4.99 a month) opens up all the maps, plus speed cam alerts and ride analysis. Bear in mind you'll need a phone holder too.

I'm seriously impressed with what I've seen so far with the free version on a few local runs. So Impressed, I'll probably stump up the cash and it may even replace my sat nav. https://calimoto.com/en

2002 TDM900 in glorious yellowNOW SOLD  :( 

2012 Honda Crosstourer VFR1200X. Hyperspeed tourer.

1990 XTZ750 in black, standard apart from Micron silencer. Mechanical restoration complete, cosmetic restoration next on the agenda.. NOW SOLD  :( 

Follow me on twitter

#2 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 11 July 2020 - 09:39 pm

Did you ever try Copilot Chris, i bought the app for £30 in 2010 and it's still in use, i do need a paid version again though for all the extra's, i think this looks interesting enough to try out, nice one :good:

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#3 Matlock

Matlock

Carpe Citizen

• 3,913 posts

Posted 11 July 2020 - 10:24 pm

Never tried Copilot Cliff, I've always been a dedicated sat nav user. Until now.

1990 XTZ750 in black, standard apart from Micron silencer. Mechanical restoration complete, cosmetic restoration next on the agenda.. NOW SOLD  :( 

Follow me on twitter

#4 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 12 July 2020 - 06:24 am

http://www.carpe-tdm...oto#entry348992

Seems a few peeps have used it.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#5 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 12 July 2020 - 06:25 pm

Aha, well it's been around awhile now then, prolly did'nt bother to look as my Copilot still had the bells and whistles...

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#6 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 12 July 2020 - 08:50 pm

Might be worth trying out the free version, seem to remember that the Copilot screen disappears if someone calls you on the phone ?  Saying that, they all might do that anyhoos.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#7 Rallyist

Rallyist

Gettin to be an 'Old Bugger'

• 3,250 posts
  • Location:Usually in a Hospital somewhere in the Birmingham area

Posted 13 July 2020 - 07:46 am

Lot of these @Round the World' riders use MapsMe which is free https://maps.me/#gsc.tab=0

For a challenging summer try the

Round Britain Rally.....  

1993 TDM 850 Mk1 ..... 2008 TDM 900 ....  1975, 1979, 1982, 1992 Goldwings, Scott, AJS,  Triumph 5TA

#8 Matlock

Matlock

Carpe Citizen

• 3,913 posts

Posted 13 July 2020 - 08:55 am

Ah, I hadn't realised it had been around that long.

I tried the mode yesterday where you set a duration you want to ride for and the direction you want to ride in. I set it to 60 miles and NW. I wasn't that impressed to be honest. In its attempt to find twisty routes, it was constantly making turns onto other roads, so I just got; "turn right, stay on this road for 1 mile, turn left, stay on this road for 1 mile, turn right", etc. etc. I suspect it may be down to my local roads, which are pretty dull to be honest :( . I suspect it would be better if I just rode somewhere where I know the roads are good, and then let it calculate a route. I might try it in the lakes next time I get a chance.

Follow me on twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users