10 replies to this topic

#1 SeizedBalt

SeizedBalt

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 246 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 16 July 2020 - 02:36 pm

I got royally stuck in my Transit when I decided to take my kids and my girlfriend for a night camping on a secluded beach not far from my country pad. 

Transits and sand don't play well!

Anyway, the financially irresponsible part of me started looking at used 4x4s given that forests are plentiful, sandy trails are plentiful and snowy winters are plentiful here in Estonia.

Long story short: Mitsubishi Pajero Sport 2.8 R4.  TDI. As yet unknown km on the clock. Would be a bit of a beater to use in lieu of my Transit when adventure 25km away calls. Just over €500.

Does anyone know anything of these?

#2 mh1848

mh1848

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 16 July 2020 - 02:49 pm

do you not have lots of cheap Dacia Dusters - had my 110BHp TDI 4x4 7 years from new and very happy with it

TDM 1991 - two into one micron mated with a A16 Road and Race Supplies Stainless short can - Conti Road Attacks - Kagazume Wavy Rear Disc - Bagster tank cover - homemade sheepskin seat cover on top of custom seat cover - NonFango topbox on homemade mount - custom fusebox - very loud airhorn and cyclone alarm

#3 drewpy

drewpy

has been here 4ever

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,758 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 16 July 2020 - 03:38 pm

do you not have lots of cheap Dacia Dusters - had my 110BHp TDI 4x4 7 years from new and very happy with it

basically Renault and nissan drive trains and engines

"As I Lay Rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I skid and begin to slide, please dear god protect my ride"

Mods; Oil pressure switch, neoprene rear inner mudguard, scottoiler, highway pegs,  fenda extenda, 1999 carbs and airbox, Kais suspension setup, later clutch springs, LED lamps, Metmachex swingarm, Hagon Shock, Oxford heated grips, 4 way fused accessory Bus, 17" 3CV front wheel, Michellin R6 tyres, GPS speedo, 5' ignition advance.

#4 SeizedBalt

SeizedBalt

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 16 July 2020 - 05:26 pm

Well, I imagine the Duster is far better than people imagine and they do sell them over here, but they don't sell for just over €500!

#5 madmopedracer

madmopedracer

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 17 July 2020 - 07:29 am

the Pajero is a good vegetable oil burner either new or used check out http://www.vegetableoildiesel.co.uk/ but think there are interweb problems at the moment or 

Biodiesel and Veggie Oil Group on facebook

#6 AliG

AliG

has been here 4ever

• 1,446 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 17 July 2020 - 08:43 am

All I know is that Mitsubishi had to rename that in Spanish-speaking countries as pajero means wanker in spanish. I smile every time I see one here. Doesn't help you. I know Sorry.

2004 900 - Blue with lots of goodies

2012 900 - Still adding shiny bits. Was black, changed to white and now back to black again.

#7 Snowbird

Snowbird

Just won't go.

• 1,357 posts
  • Location:Often on another planet, but mostly south Cambs. (St.Neots)
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 17 July 2020 - 09:28 am

All I know is that Mitsubishi had to rename that in Spanish-speaking countries as pajero means wanker in spanish. I smile every time I see one here. Doesn't help you. I know Sorry.

:rotflmmfao: :rotflmmfao: :rotflmmfao: :rotflmmfao: :rotflmmfao:

i'M NEVER GONNA BE ABLE TO PASS ONE NOW WITHOUT SNIGGERING.

Bugger caps lock, sorry for shouting....

Current toys: '99 XT600E, 2000 4TX, '82 Princess 30DS (where the username comes from), No longer a '03 Fazer thou.

Save the planet, it's the only one with beer!

#8 SeizedBalt

SeizedBalt

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 17 July 2020 - 07:18 pm

This is true.

And it was apparently aimed at the SA market!!

#9 steveearwig

steveearwig

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 289 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 18 July 2020 - 07:35 am

Hi folks, I was just passing by (i.e. lurking) and I noticed this thread - wow cars are cheap in Estonia, here in Croatia anything 4x4 and you can add a zero to the end of the price (either that or it's a wreck...)

I think 2.8 makes it a gen 1, based on a pickup truck, so expect utilitarian build quality. It'll be capable over the rough stuff but may knock the fillings out of your teeth. Engine will also be utilitarian, so expect "I aint paying for it" fuel consumption.

Also, while I'm breaking cover, Dacia Dustbins are meant to be pretty good now, the originals (assembled in India I think) rusted like buggery but that's been long sorted. Renault diesels no longer seem to grenade either.

3VD006578 - it's alive!!

#10 drewpy

drewpy

has been here 4ever

• 1,758 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 18 July 2020 - 11:23 am

Also, while I'm breaking cover, Dacia Dustbins are meant to be pretty good now, the originals (assembled in India I think) rusted like buggery but that's been long sorted. Renault diesels no longer seem to grenade either.

the original dachas were made in india right next to the ocean and with the cars stored there with little protection, they rusted before they were even delivered. All fixed now from gen 2

"As I Lay Rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I skid and begin to slide, please dear god protect my ride"

Mods; Oil pressure switch, neoprene rear inner mudguard, scottoiler, highway pegs,  fenda extenda, 1999 carbs and airbox, Kais suspension setup, later clutch springs, LED lamps, Metmachex swingarm, Hagon Shock, Oxford heated grips, 4 way fused accessory Bus, 17" 3CV front wheel, Michellin R6 tyres, GPS speedo, 5' ignition advance.

#11 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,214 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 18 July 2020 - 04:00 pm

Sure makes the topic title read differently. :lol:

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users